North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest-25/)
-   -   7/12/03 Boot-to-Bonnet MINI movie experience...Seattle-area (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest/12186-7-12-03-boot-to-bonnet-mini-movie-experience-seattle-area.html)

GRNSTRK 07-06-2003 04:47 PM

I know, we've ALL already seen "The Italian Job". But how many of us have seen it surrounded by other MINI Coopers at an outdoor movie drive-in? And since we're in the drive-in mood, when was the last time we ate at a good ol' fashion drive-in A&W Restaurant?

Right now, "The Italian Job" is being co-featured with "The Hulk" at Valley 6 Drive In in Kent/Auburn. Since we don't pay attention to what the critics say, we'll be open-minded since "The Hulk" is the first film showing at dusk, followed by "The Italian Job", then "The Hulk" again.

Who's up for a boot-to-bonnet MINI movie experience?

THE PLAN: Saturday July 12th (yes, NEXT Saturday night!)

7:00 PM
Meet at A&W Drive-In Restaurant located at 421 Central Avenue South in Kent (253.852.4280). Parking lot is small, so unless you're planning on having dinner with us, you may want to meet us at the movie drive-in.
Use MapQuest.

8:00 PM
Drive as a group to Valley 6 Drive-In (or meet us there) at 401 49th Street NE, Auburn (253.854.1250). Show begins at dusk (around 9:30 p.m.) Price is $6.50/adult, $4/children. Sound is via your AM radio. We'll have plenty of time to hang out and chat!
Use MapQuest.

UP FOR DISCUSSION:
In case they change their schedule for next weekend, or if we're just sick to death of "The Italian Job" (is this even possible?) perhaps we want to discuss seeing another pair of films? Terminator 3 and 2 Fast 2 Furious are featured on another screen (There are six screens total). Let me know what you think.

This MINI Cooper meetup organized by:
Wendy & Stephen Hughes-Jelen
GRNSTRK, West Seattle

GRNSTRK 07-11-2003 10:04 PM

Well, The Italian Job has been sacked from Valley 6, waah! But as mentioned last week, it's still playing in Everett at the Puget Park Drive-In. T3 is showing at 9 p.m. and The Italian Job at 11 p.m. So, change in venue, folks! Let's see how flexible MINI drivers really are....

...and since I know some people won't get this message, we'll still meet at the A&W Drive-In in Kent for dinner at 7 p.m. then we'll motor to Everett. What's a MINI for if not to drive all over Puget Sound in??

See you then!
Steve & Wendy, West Seattle, "GRNSTRK"

Puget Park Drive-In (Independent)
13020 Meridian Ave. S., Everett, WA 98208, 425-338-5957

Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nick Stahl
Showtimes: 9:00pm

The Italian Job
Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron
Showtimes: 11:00pm