Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, and Alaska

Seattle Suggestions?

Old 06-29-2003, 06:44 AM
jsun
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(sort of off MINI topic, but on Pacific NW topic...)

Looking to ever increase the utility of MCO and its community, I have the following question...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to things to do and/or places to eat during an afternoon in Seattle?

I find myself in this fair (yeah, the weather is very nice) city right now and have just THIS AFTERNOON and evening to entertain myself. I've been here before, but it was about 4 years ago, so I don't know if there's anything new and exciting to do. Locals, what might you suggest?

BTW, I'm in downtown Seattle and have no personal transportation, so whatever I do needs to be accessible by walking and/or public transpo.

Thanks all in advance!

Old 06-29-2003, 10:25 AM
8ball
6th Gear
Hope this doesn't get to you too late ...

Being stuck in downtown isn't as limiting as it may appear ... there is a bus tunnel that gets you to the south part of downtown (Pioneer Square) where you can find good food, art galleries, and a Mariner (vs. Padres) game this afternoon.
At Westlake Center in the heart of the downtown shopping area is where you not only find the bus tunnel(heading south) but also the Monorail heading north to Seattle Center and Lower Queen Anne hill: more good food, Space Needle, amusement park ...
Going west a few blocks from downtown will get you to the Waterfront - aquarium, Pike Place Market, tour boats ... stuff like that. Pike Place also has Kells - an Irish pub with Guinness! ... and the art museum is across the street on 1st ave, too.
Any other questions, PM me and i'll try to get back today ...

Old 06-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Hank
4th Gear
Oh, and don't forget the Jimi Hendrix Museum at the Seattle Center near the base of the Space Needle! There is soooooo much stuff to do in downtown Seattle, your biggest problem will be deciding what to do first.
I will be there next weekend!

Old 06-29-2003, 11:41 AM
jsun
6th Gear
Thanks for the suggestions! The Hendrix museum sounds great...and I've actually never been to the Space Needle (yeah, I know, I'm a pretty pathetic tourist ). And the suggestions aren't at all too late. I'm just getting out of my meetings, so I have the entire afternoon ahead!