Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, and Alaska

Washington State Patrol ... Cheaters!

Old 08-22-2003, 10:24 AM
MiniRally
Neutral
oh yes.....just like paddy!

gonna put 177 on the side though i think.

Old 08-22-2003, 10:29 AM
jowannamini
3rd Gear
new jersey =NEON's

Old 08-22-2003, 10:55 AM
HARMINI
5th Gear
>>oh yes.....just like paddy!
>>
>>gonna put 177 on the side though i think.

Welcome to MCO MiniRally

Your comments are refreshing!! I agree with your stance that if you are guilty of speeding (or whatever crime), you should pay the fine. My partner is a cop here in NJ and both of us get a few parking tickets every year. We both pay them without a second thought, even though it would be easy for us to get out of it.

P.S........love your signature line!!!

Old 08-27-2003, 10:54 AM
MiniRally
Neutral
speed traps....how bou we all list one of our (un)favorite speed traps?

I'll start. I-90 East from Eastgate to Issaquah. i HATE aircraft enforcement.

By the way, for those of you with Geico car insurance....the laser guns "donated" by Geico are used by the Motorcycle troopers out of the eastgate barracks.)

Old 09-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Nuvolari
4th Gear
MiniRally,

Since your account page asserts that you are a "comuter uber-geek" does this mean you travel further to work than anybody else?

Just curious.

I hated the speed trap I watch from my the back deck of my house where Washington County sheriff's deputies sit at the bottom of Canyon Road in SW Portland to grab people as they roll down the curves from Hwy 26. I did until Sunday night when multiple police and firemen responded to a four-car accident on one of the curves where someone lost control trying to pass a slower vehicle. No fatalities, but many innocent people hurt because of one person doing something stupid. I won't complain about this speedtrap anymore.

Old 09-01-2003, 03:48 PM
chrisfb1
5th Gear
>>Update: Ft Walton Beach, Fl
>>
>>They are now using silver Mustang GT. The guy speeds up fast behind someone he thinks will want to race – when the unsuspecting person steps on it and on go the flashing lights.
>>
>>I watched the guy do this for a half hour last week. He bagged 4 people.

Damn i hate this type of cops. how the law allow them to do this??? this is only can happen in USA! Cops a boring enough to challenge someone like this!
It is a trap!! To be as a cop, is to help maintain safty and order, not to challenge someone to break the law. we a human so do they, human make mistakes. and part of American culture is not to turn down a "invatation of challenge".
What they did will not help us but make us hate them! i'm not try to break the law, but i will in some case if they challenge me!!

Old 09-02-2003, 09:39 AM
MiniRally
Neutral
ah....the "entrapment" argument.

for those who didn't pay attametion in Civics class, entrapment is when the police (or agents of the police) entice a person to commit an act that they OTHERWISE WOULD NOT DO were it not for the police involvement.
If someone feels challeneged by an unmarked police car and accelerates hard away, they are not doing that because it's a police car, they're doing it becasue they don't have the maturity to step away from a "challenge". (this is where road rage comes from folks) it has NOTHING to do with the police. it has everything to do with the person commiting the infraction and their lack of maturity.

This is not really an example of a speed trap either, this is aggressive driver enforcement, plain and simple.

personally, i think concentrated speed enforcement is a wholly ineffective task. our troopers should be targeting the morons who are putting their makeup on and driving with their knees. (and so do most cops for that matter), but speed enforcement is an EASY revenue generator.....nothing more.
who's a greater risk? someone with 20 years of car racing experience who drives 15 miles per hour over the limit or a soccer mom in her minivan with 5 screaming kids talking on her cell phone while she's eating her big-mac?

For my next post, i will condense War and Peace into 4 paragraphs. :smile:

Slainte!

Ron

Old 09-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Darxar
4th Gear
>>ah....the "entrapment" argument.
>>
>>for those who didn't pay attametion in Civics class, entrapment is when the police (or agents of the police) entice a person to commit an act that they OTHERWISE WOULD NOT DO were it not for the police involvement.
>>If someone feels challeneged by an unmarked police car and accelerates hard away, they are not doing that because it's a police car, they're doing it becasue they don't have the maturity to step away from a "challenge". (this is where road rage comes from folks) it has NOTHING to do with the police. it has everything to do with the person commiting the infraction and their lack of maturity.
>>
>>This is not really an example of a speed trap either, this is aggressive driver enforcement, plain and simple.
>>
>>personally, i think concentrated speed enforcement is a wholly ineffective task. our troopers should be targeting the morons who are putting their makeup on and driving with their knees. (and so do most cops for that matter), but speed enforcement is an EASY revenue generator.....nothing more.
>>who's a greater risk? someone with 20 years of car racing experience who drives 15 miles per hour over the limit or a soccer mom in her minivan with 5 screaming kids talking on her cell phone while she's eating her big-mac?
>>
>>For my next post, i will condense War and Peace into 4 paragraphs. :smile:
>>
>>Slainte!
>>
>>Ron
>>
>>

Ron, well put, I pick the soccer mom, I see lots of them in the Atlanta area.
I also hate trucks with too many ladders, and those with Crap blowing out
the back, wish those guys would get a ticket.
Kent

Old 02-08-2004, 11:43 PM
motormad
3rd Gear
Washington cops are bad, but that is a known, so if you play and get caught, don't whine about paying.

One one hand, I hate the tactics the police use to catch those low life harden criminals, you know...the poor bastard who is afraid he will loose his job if he is late so he is speeding. There are really bad people out there the police should be after but they are pulling over soccer moms and the like. On the other hand, I look at how most people drive and the fatality statistics from vehicle accidents and I know some of the cops are really trying to slow inattentive speeding drives before they kill someone.

As one honest Oregon State traffic cop openly admitted to me, " You go fishing where the fish are." They have minimum ticket numbers per hours on duty they are expected to meet or they are considered not to be doing their jobs. Unfortunately part of which is to bring in revenue.

The point I made to that officer is that the bad will they create by "busting" otherwise good citizens for minor speeding comes back at them whenever that citizen votes on police funding. You know that bad feeelings translate into reduced police funding. The office admitted this and to my surprise said he was in full agreement. He even went on to say he was working on trying to change the system but that it was hard because there are so many officers that are to lazy, or stuck in their ways to change. So speed traps remain a fact of life.

The moral of the story. If you are in high population areas, or on heavily traveled roads, then don't go over the "magic 10 mph grace" and you will not be stopped unless you are doing "the weave" or something else stupid.

What bums me out is that population keeps growing and there are less and less open roads that you can have fun on. And you have to travel more miles to get to them.

Old 02-09-2004, 02:21 AM
holdenontoit
6th Gear
northeast Massachusetts :2 5.0 mustangs! one all red, one all black , both with mega tinted window glass NOT FAIR!!!!!!