North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest-25/)
-   -   Rasmussen MINI (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest/109698-rasmussen-mini.html)

SimpsonGI 08-05-2007 02:02 AM

Rasmussen MINI

I took delivery on my MCSa this past Friday. I have to say that Dan Clarke (my MA) has made this the best car purchase experience of my life. He was nothing other than accommodating to my needs. :thumbsup: He worked for me on his day off and stayed late to go over the options on my Mini when I took delivery. He is sneaky though, he is a lurker here and doesn't really post.
:wink:

I should have had my wife take picture of him handing a FOB to me. I've posted a link to an online photo album and the original post introducing my new MCSa here.

I cannot recommend Rasmussen Mini, and especially Dan, any more than what I have. They are great....I'm so very pleased with them and of course, my new Mini!!

In regards to would I recommend Rasmussen and Dan to other possible new Mini owners, I already have :thumbsup: . My mother-in-law placed an order for a MCSa while we were there taking delivery of mine. :grin:

Happy Motoring to you all from another Rasmussen fan. :)

ScottinBend 08-05-2007 07:05 PM

Congrats and welcome to MINI-dom !

Got my 04 from Rasmussen and haven't had a bad experience yet? Great bunch of folks down there.

Check out www.pdxmini.org for more info on a great bunch of miniacs also.

SandiePepper 08-05-2007 09:09 PM

I have had several experiences with Rassmussen, they are the greatest

mini_nurse 04-28-2008 07:16 PM

I'm going to be ordering a MINI from Rasmussen in June! I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with them! That seems to be a common theme throughout the threads here at NAM! About how long did it take from the time you ordered to the day you took delivery, if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious because Mini NW apparently is quoting people upwards of 8 months. :eek: Hopefully this is not the case at the only MINI dealership in OR!!!! :)

JCW Driver 05-01-2008 09:26 AM

+1 for Rasmussen. :thumbsup:

jaridp 05-02-2008 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mini_nurse (Post 2196302)
I'm going to be ordering a MINI from Rasmussen in June! I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with them! That seems to be a common theme throughout the threads here at NAM! About how long did it take from the time you ordered to the day you took delivery, if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious because Mini NW apparently is quoting people upwards of 8 months. :eek: Hopefully this is not the case at the only MINI dealership in OR!!!! :)

What model of MINI are you looking for?

mini_nurse 05-02-2008 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by jaridp (Post 2204654)
What model of MINI are you looking for?

Brand spakin new MCS! :thumbsup: ....if all goes accordingly.

VONzipper 05-02-2008 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by mini_nurse (Post 2204718)

She means a MCSm hardtop in dark silver or lazer blue, premium, sport and cold weather package with xenons lamps. If I'm going to be put in the passenger seat, which i hope wont happen much, its gotta be stylish. :thumbsup:

jaridp 05-03-2008 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by mini_nurse (Post 2204718)

Roughly 60 days if we dont have something here!

VONzipper 05-03-2008 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by jaridp (Post 2206070)

Do you have much of an inventory there? The Rasmussen website doesn't reflect that but I'm sure the labor for putting them up is worthless since they move quick. We'll probably visit in the next month to check it out. What are your typical hours there?

(Sorry for the thread jack)

mini_nurse 05-03-2008 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by jaridp (Post 2206070)

:thumbsup: I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but VONzipper and I will be by anyways because I can't help it. Those MINI's just possess you......

tdm156 05-03-2008 01:56 PM

Got our first one there in 06 and they are awesome for sure :thumbsup:

jaridp 05-05-2008 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by VONzipper (Post 2206197)
Do you have much of an inventory there? The Rasmussen website doesn't reflect that but I'm sure the labor for putting them up is worthless since they move quick. We'll probably visit in the next month to check it out. What are your typical hours there?

(Sorry for the thread jack)

We do have a few cars in stock..probably 10 or so. Email me at jaridp@rasmussenmini.com and I can see what I might have that matches your specs!

koyama 05-05-2008 10:27 AM

I'd like to give a big thumbs up to Rasmussen as well. :thumbsup:

I bough an '05 mini in CO, but I live here in Oregon. Took it to them for some small repair work, and they were extremely helpful and nice. Moreso than I would have expected from a dealer that I didn't buy the car from. When I asked a couple of newbie questions about service intervals and such, they noticed I was eligible, and went out of their way to get me serviced and on my way.

Given all the horror stories that one hears about dealers, and the fact that they are the only mini dealer in the state of Oregon, and the next two closest are Seattle and San Francisco, one could think that they might not have much incentive to go be nice to customers. In my experience though, they are a class act. I would recommend them to anyone I know. :nod:

Brian

pintofhooky 07-12-2008 01:14 PM

I posted this on the PDX MINI Club thread:
Hi, I can't recommend anyone at Rasmussen myself, although I seem to be in the minority, this is the single worst car buying experience I have ever had, not counting the wait.
Initially, I created 2 cars on the costco website and sent them to Rasmusswen with NO reply, I then built on on miniusa and got a reply from Jarid.
However, whenever I tried to make an appointment for a test drive, I never got a response so I asked for another MA (I didn't feel that Jarid and I really hit it off,).
I was sent to Larry Larson, and was told just to give him a call to set up a test drive, which I did. The call went into the black hole that is voice mail. End result was I have never test driven an 08 Mini, I am relying on 2 test drives of older Mini's I had driven here in Salem, which I loved.

So then I had to order by phone, paid deposit by credit card and 2 days later I received the invoice followed a few days later by the mini owners field guide.
Thats the extent of information I received from Rasmussen,except an email telling me that Larry will be on vacation when my car arrives.
Almost every other phone call went into the black hole of voice mail with no reply and emails went unanswered with the exception of emailing a credit app.
Overall the impression I get from Rasmussen mini is that they are the only game around and you prctically have to beg to be sold one of their cars.

Since posting this, I have heard from others with the same general experience.
Hopefully Rasmussen will take notice and improve.
Pint

jaridp 07-12-2008 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by pintofhooky (Post 2359882)
I posted this on the PDX MINI Club thread:
Hi, I can't recommend anyone at Rasmussen myself, although I seem to be in the minority, this is the single worst car buying experience I have ever had, not counting the wait.
Initially, I created 2 cars on the costco website and sent them to Rasmusswen with NO reply, I then built on on miniusa and got a reply from Jarid.
However, whenever I tried to make an appointment for a test drive, I never got a response so I asked for another MA (I didn't feel that Jarid and I really hit it off,).
I was sent to Larry Larson, and was told just to give him a call to set up a test drive, which I did. The call went into the black hole that is voice mail. End result was I have never test driven an 08 Mini, I am relying on 2 test drives of older Mini's I had driven here in Salem, which I loved.

So then I had to order by phone, paid deposit by credit card and 2 days later I received the invoice followed a few days later by the mini owners field guide.
Thats the extent of information I received from Rasmussen,except an email telling me that Larry will be on vacation when my car arrives.
Almost every other phone call went into the black hole of voice mail with no reply and emails went unanswered with the exception of emailing a credit app.
Overall the impression I get from Rasmussen mini is that they are the only game around and you prctically have to beg to be sold one of their cars.

Since posting this, I have heard from others with the same general experience.
Hopefully Rasmussen will take notice and improve.
Pint

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I noticed that I emailed you on 4/26 and did not receive a response. I did a search for your email address and that was the only email sent or received by/to you. Maybe you called at another time. IIRC I think you came in while I was with clients and I was unavailable to help you out (did you come in with someone else too?) You placed your order while I was in Costa Rica for 10 days so from there I am unaware of conversations.

jaridp 07-12-2008 05:03 PM

PS I am not trying to start an argument....and yes there are those people that I dont "mesh" with...as everyone does. I try to get back to everyone as soon as I can. Sometimes even the BEST salesperson drops the ball....And in this case if I did not return a phonecall I sincerely apologize.

pintofhooky 07-12-2008 05:22 PM

Jarid, as I said, I have no particular problem with you, we just didn't "mesh". Thats ok. You are correct, when I walked in you were finishing up a delivery, I understand that, you did take time out to talk to me and show me a car.
The issue with making an appointment was with Larry. As well as most of the phone calls, not with you.
Perhaps here is a problem with third party (ie Costco) car building software.
But that would not account for the lack of communication in general.

Don't take this as a personal flame job, it isn't, it is a recollection of events from my perspective, all I'm saying is, at this point in time, I just want my car, and for this buying experience to be over.
perhaps I shouldn't have asked for a different MA.

Pint

Jarid, feel free to call or email me, if you would like any other clarifications or information.

jaridp 07-12-2008 05:35 PM

naaaa no worries. In the beginning we DID have an issue with Costco. I dont show a lead from you from them in the beginning.. NO WORRIES!!!
JP

mhoo1 12-22-2009 08:59 PM

comment

Thanks! for your recommendation of the Rasmussen and Dan to other possible new Mini owners.Happy Motoring to you all the visitors of this site from my side also.:thumbsup: