Does anybody else feel targeted? - North American Motoring

Go Back  North American Motoring > Off Topic > Off-Topic
Does anybody else feel targeted? >

Does anybody else feel targeted?

Off-Topic Anything un-related to the new MINI. Before reading or posting to this forum be aware that discussion may become heated. You must abide by the site Posting Guidelines when making use of this forum.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:37 PM
scf
4th Gear

So, I have now had an accident with my third Mini. Just crazy. I'm a safe driver, no points, no nothing. Well, a couple of failure to inspect which was just stupid on my part and just putting off what needed to be done.

January 30, 2015 Nasty weather, black ice, lost control with snow tires. Utility pole at about 35mph. This was at my hands, I acknowledge that.

June 4, 2017 Sitting at a dead stop in traffic, rear ended because guy was trying to weave thru traffic.

October 3, 2018 Sitting at a dead stop in traffic, rear ended because the little chickie was more interested in her oatmeal than traffic.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:50 PM
cornjuice
4th Gear
i swear if folks arent trying to speed ahead to cut me off they are trying to swerve directly into me! I know the car is small.. but it isnt hard to see!

*be safe out there! (as safe as you can be lol)

Old 10-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Derek86
5th Gear
I drive everything from an F250 to motorcycles. There is a noticeable difference in the way other drivers operate around you depending on what you are driving.

I would not claim to be targeted, unless you phrase it as "targeted by idiots."

Old 10-10-2018, 09:32 AM
f60jcw
3rd Gear
Two accidents in 9 months from purchase. Both other people's fault. It does feel like the odds are against me. I'm hoping my loud JCW Pro exhaust will at least make people aware of me while driving. Doesn't help when parked though.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
6th Gear
My wife has been hit a couple of times in the last few years, driving a VW Golf and a rental of some kind. I would hardly classify it as targeted. Anytime you are driving something smaller than the normal SUV of the current world you are possibly going to get lost in the eye of the other driver. That is if they are even looking.

When I drove a motorcycle I often felt invisible or that people didn't really care if they nudged me out of my lane.

OP you are just coincidentally and randomly beaten and battered. Sorry for your troubles, maybe the next 10 years will be clean driving.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Derek86
5th Gear
Originally Posted by f60jcw View Post
Two accidents in 9 months from purchase. Both other people's fault. It does feel like the odds are against me. I'm hoping my loud JCW Pro exhaust will at least make people aware of me while driving. Doesn't help when parked though.
Good luck, the loud bikes don't really make a difference.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:42 PM
MrGrumpy
4th Gear
I have found over the years that in my area at least, most accidents seem like they are caused mostly by people not paying attention. There is always the usual stupidity at play as well (guilty myself) but I am always almost getting hit , not by being targeted, but just simply by being there! In that place at the wrong time. Usually it’s folks changing lanes without looking or signaling, or something avoidable if they were a bit more aware.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:25 AM
f60jcw
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
I have found over the years that in my area at least, most accidents seem like they are caused mostly by people not paying attention. There is always the usual stupidity at play as well (guilty myself) but I am always almost getting hit , not by being targeted, but just simply by being there! In that place at the wrong time. Usually it’s folks changing lanes without looking or signaling, or something avoidable if they were a bit more aware.
This ^

About once a month there's a really crazy commute day where I am hyper vigilant and actively react to multiple near collisions. Had I been more aware of nearby cars on the last accident, I might have avoided it - somehow. Then again, maybe not.