Go Back  North American Motoring > Off Topic > Off-Topic
Does anybody else feel targeted? >

Does anybody else feel targeted?

Off-Topic Anything un-related to the new MINI. Before reading or posting to this forum be aware that discussion may become heated. You must abide by the site Posting Guidelines when making use of this forum.

Does anybody else feel targeted?

Old 03-18-2019, 04:48 PM
cooper48
4th Gear
Received 83 Likes on 81 Posts
Know what you mean, my friend. My Weimaraner, Baron, was a most excellent companion/family member for 13 years. I cried like a baby when I had to put him down (total hip dysplasia).

Old 03-19-2019, 08:12 AM
Beemerchef
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cooper48 View Post
Know what you mean, my friend. My Weimaraner, Baron, was a most excellent companion/family member for 13 years. I cried like a baby when I had to put him down (total hip dysplasia).
A Bad Life's design. 04~04~2019 will be a full year and I am not even ready for another buddy! Tried fostering a wonderful dog for a couple month ,it just did not work out. I want my Dog back! Will see what the future old.

The following users liked this post:
DJinAC (07-10-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 08:43 AM
Derek86
6th Gear
Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts
That is an amazing picture. I'm envious of your ramblin' spirit.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:25 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 143 Likes on 129 Posts
I just paid a visit to your web site. What fantastic photography! The adventures you've had are to be envied. We're doing our best to see as much as possible in the time allotted and no better way to do it than topless motoring. Growing up with dogs then marrying a cat person, there's been a long, long line of them and after they've been gone a while, a cold wet nose shows up from somewhere at just the right time.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:31 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
6th Gear
Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick View Post
I just paid a visit to your web site. What fantastic photography! The adventures you've had are to be envied. We're doing our best to see as much as possible in the time allotted and no better way to do it than topless motoring. Growing up with dogs then marrying a cat person, there's been a long, long line of them and after they've been gone a while, a cold wet nose shows up from somewhere at just the right time.
Mrs. Fly'n Brick

Old 03-20-2019, 12:29 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 143 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher View Post
Mrs. Fly'n Brick
I'll pass this on to her. She named her R60 SPICIE so that might be just the thing.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:07 AM
Beemerchef
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I'll pass this on to her. She named her R60 SPICIE so that might be just the thing.
As I am waiting for my one way flight to Las Vegas to pick up this new to me 2017 2 door hardtop JCW! The moment I sold the 2016 I knew I would buy another one! Auto this time which will keep my new hips quieter and my spine plate in place...
For 14 years it has indeed been the "journey" and never the destination. I never thought for more reasons than one that such journey would end but, yes, that deck of cards has been reshuffled over and over and now disposed. A new deck of cards faces me and acceptance is always the key to allow the new experiences filter in my Life. A house, switching to a Jeep for camping, a second JCW and many surgeries! No dog yet is the painful one yet I know that some day along Mother Time passing by another Buddy will rescue me.
Thank You for the compliment on my Photography. I always say that it actually is the camera and Mother Nature... Not me! No Photoshop by the way, only patience as photography is all about the "light" present. Wait and wait and wait some more!!!
You probably did not know but there is a BMW motorcycle from the near past, 3 cylinder K1000, first BMW motorcycle with a counter balanced engine, we call "the flying brick" as the engine does look like a brick!!! One of the most reliable motorcycle ever made as for sure I would never buy one of the newer ones populated with so much electronics it takes pretty much a college degree to ride them...

Old 06-28-2019, 12:19 PM
minideucecoop
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haters

I know for a fact people get butt hurt when I'm passing them. They speed up to not let me pass. It's happened so many times I can call it. I followed a car for three miles (not on their bumper or anything) going five below the limit. I go to pass at 10 over the limit. Dude doesn't let me pass for 2 more miles. Probably wouldn't have let me pass at all, but I just hit it to 20-25 over the limit so I could get in front of him. It's happened so many times.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:44 AM
miniCPA
4th Gear
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
I typically drive a Mazda3 for my daily commute. For a few weeks I have been driving the MINI. One intersection has a green light followed by a green left turn arrow. Cars coming from the other direction have the right away until I get the arrow. I wait the few seconds until I get the arrow or the cars stop coming from the other direction. The arrow stays lit longer than necessary for everyone in line to make it through in one cycle. In the Mazda, no one ever beeps. In the MINI they beep more fairly regularly.

I suspect they assume, that in a MINI I am not likely to be a threat (have a gun ready to use) and therefore it is safer to beep.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Derek86
6th Gear
Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by miniCPA View Post
I suspect they assume, that in a MINI I am not likely to be a threat (have a gun ready to use) and therefore it is safer to beep.
I guess the gun rack in my F250 is the real reason people don't mess with me when I'm driving it.