Go Back  North American Motoring > Off Topic > Off-Topic
Even more random thoughts... >

Even more random thoughts...

Off-Topic Anything un-related to the new MINI. Before reading or posting to this forum be aware that discussion may become heated. You must abide by the site Posting Guidelines when making use of this forum.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:13 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG- it's hot and humid in TN... We're putting up the round bales (pox to the weatherman who told us only a 10% chance of rain all weekend- it poured- hoping my hay is ok).

Wish I was back in Maine. That Northern Atlantic would feel good right about now!

Sorry I've been out of communicado- my ipad isn't sent up for NAM and with traveling and stuff, it's been hard to get to my laptop. But I'm back.

Ciao my dear Beasties

Old 08-27-2015, 09:05 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doobie doobie doo...

Old 08-28-2015, 04:31 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 137 Likes on 131 Posts
Happy Friday!

Car show tonight at the Amish market. (5 PM Shrewsbury, PA)

Motor on!

Old 08-28-2015, 09:22 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went yard camping last weekend because I felt like camping, but had to stick near town due to obligations. The northern lights made a surprise appearance. Just thought I'd share. Happy Friday, all!

Old 08-30-2015, 09:30 PM
wandrur

Very nice, D.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:24 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 137 Likes on 131 Posts
Fantastic night show...

Motor on!

Old 08-31-2015, 07:45 PM
wandrur
Just thinking about the good old times when we would sit here chatting for hours. All things must change, I know. But I miss those days in so many ways.

Hoping all is well in NAMland. Glad things still kick butt here.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:24 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
I definitely miss those days. Helped me get my post count up, that's for sure.

So how are things out your way, Wandrur? Are you still enjoying the pace of life out East? And how has your weather been?

We've had an extremely dry summer out here - not so good on the salmon needing to spawn in the streams. Some streams are so low that the fish can't get up to the lakes to do their business. It has also been quite windy as well. Last week, we had some trees fall down on some power lines. Those power lines are likely what caused the fire out in one of our smaller nearby communities (Chiniak). As of last night they had 10% of the fire contained.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:33 PM
IB wlee
Neutral

Woooooooo!!!

Old 09-01-2015, 07:44 PM
wandrur
Ugh, fires suck, D. :(

Weather has been hot and humid. Barfingly humid. It was 70% humidity this morning around 8. Luckily it was only in the low 70s then. But then it got to 'feeling' 94 until 8:30pm.

But the trees are lovely. Hoping to adventure a little this weekend, maybe finally get to Shenandoah. Traffic sucks, the motorcyclers are friggin' dumb. Public transportation is pretty great, though not as clean as Colorado. Work is great.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:20 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I miss the constant back and forth, as well, Wandrur... Sorry about the fire, Darren- I've been watching all the fires out west- what a disaster. And so sad at the loss of lives, property and grazing land for the wild animals and ranch animals.

Just got back to Nashville after another week in Maine. Stepped off the plane into a blast furnace. Really missing the ocean breezes ... Speaking of which, Wandrur, there are some great places out on the MD/VA penninsula- Long stretches of road, beaches, you name it. The mountains are nice too- lovely creeks, waterfalls and more. If you get a chance, head down toward Christiansburg and go hear some mountain music in Floyd (I was there before it got over the top popular).

OK- off to the grindstone. Ciao my friends.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:33 PM
testuser1
Neutral
i'm like hey what's up hello.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:50 PM
wandrur
Has this become the trash post thread?

Old 09-04-2015, 04:44 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
*shrug* Not sure? Anyway...happy friday, all. Hope you all have a good weekend...I'm going to try going camping again.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:39 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Never trash post thread as long as we're still here. Have fun camping, Darren- can't wait to see more photos. It's hot as hades here in TN... Really missing the water and the breezes in Maine.
So, it's official. In about 3 years, we're selling the farm and moving up there (yes, I'm dragging my dear husband who's got an allergy to winter, LOL). So if anyone wants to buy a working farm near Nashville- send them my way. Because of the location, the amenities, and the fact we *could* subdivide into 5 acre lots, we won't sell cheap... but it's one of the last truly private farms left.
OK- off to feed the critters and then try to figure out what one wears to a 60th birthday party held at the Botanical Gardens ... the invite says "food, dancing and fun" - so I'm thinking (hoping) black tie is out. <sigh>
Happy laborless day y'all!

Old 09-05-2015, 07:47 AM
whaap
5th Gear
I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure that most people in Tennessee don't know what black tie is, just like here in Arizona!

Old 09-05-2015, 03:05 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama View Post
Never trash post thread as long as we're still here. Have fun camping, Darren- can't wait to see more photos. It's hot as hades here in TN... Really missing the water and the breezes in Maine.
So, it's official. In about 3 years, we're selling the farm and moving up there (yes, I'm dragging my dear husband who's got an allergy to winter, LOL). So if anyone wants to buy a working farm near Nashville- send them my way. Because of the location, the amenities, and the fact we *could* subdivide into 5 acre lots, we won't sell cheap... but it's one of the last truly private farms left.
OK- off to feed the critters and then try to figure out what one wears to a 60th birthday party held at the Botanical Gardens ... the invite says "food, dancing and fun" - so I'm thinking (hoping) black tie is out.
Happy laborless day y'all!
Viv, if it were just me, and I were independently wealthy, and there were a second moon, and...

I wish. And I wish you all the best in the move. Maybe I'll get down to visit you before you abandon ship.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:30 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
You're always welcome for a visit, Wandrur... either in TN or Maine, or both. Darren, that goes for you too!
And as for the independently wealthy part? Well, I think that sounds good on paper, but in real life I'm betting it's not as much fun as it's cracked up to be... you just have more to spend on stuff you probably don't really need.

In other news, my poor cats... 3 of them were born feral, I found them in the barn after a massive storm and brought them home and raised them. They're loving and sweet and wonderful, but they're board out of their gourds... We can't let them outside during the spring, summer and fall because there is a tick borne disease, commonly known as Bob Cat Fever, which kills within 48 hours and there is no cure. We've lost 2 if not 3 cats to this disease and I don't ever want to lose another one.
This makes me crazy... everything about TN feels like it's out to kill me, my family or my critters. I'm so ready to leave.

In other news, one of my favorite restaurants in Western Maine (it's an Inn) just got a great review (ignore the "slow" part):
http://www.pressherald.com/2015/09/0...g-destination/

Old 09-06-2015, 08:54 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Oh... and btw, has anyone gone back and read some of our old posts? There was some funny stuff going on in here

Old 09-19-2015, 03:57 PM
wandrur
Shenanigans. Total shenanigans.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:49 PM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Agreed - and I was part of some of the shenanigans, but I think I got here too late and left too early - which I do NOT want to be my life story!

Old 09-22-2015, 04:21 PM
wandrur
They have meds for that these days. Or so I hear.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:13 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
^ that's funny!

I've tried now 6 times to post here in the past few days (twice in the past 10 minutes).

Hi y'all!!!

Old 09-23-2015, 04:32 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Hi all.

I finally got around to ordering the cable I needed to play with NCS Expert and NCS Dummy so that I could change the coding within the various modules in my MINI.

Kind of nice to activate some features like the low fuel warning chime, comfort opening/closing of the windows and sunroof with the remote, etc. Also disabled a few things, like the chime for when the temperature drops below freezing, and how the fog lights used to kick off with high beams. So far, I haven't bricked any of the modules in my car, so that's a good thing.

How's everyone been?

Old 09-25-2015, 03:51 PM
wandrur
Good job not screwing it up, D.

Gray and rainy here. I kinda like it, though I was hoping for some clear riding weather for the weekend. The moisture is nice, at least.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Fall!

Quick Reply: Even more random thoughts...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: