Off-Topic :: Autos Interested in discussing other autos? This is the place!

2018 Ace Spade Rally

Old 07-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
2018 Ace Spade Rally

Staying on Lake Santeetlah this week. The lake is off US 129, yes that 129, about 10 minutes from Deals Gap and the Tail of the Dragon.

Have the SUV as we towed a Seadoo. This morning my wife and I took the grandkids up to see the Tree of Shame. Wife cannot handle the twisties if she is the copilot but has no problems driving them. So just as we are pulling out of the Biker Hotel all these car come down the road heading south. More Supercars in one line than I have ever seen, most all had ACE SPADE RALLY stickers on them. My grandson says "hey that car looks just like one of my hotwheels." It was a GT40 in baby blue and orange. As we are driving up to the Overlook at MM 8.5 must have seen 40 to 50 of these folks. Had our windows down and heard more pops, bangs and screeching tires along with smelling some exotic fuel additives.

We hit the Turnaround and took some pictures and then headed back. I told my wife that had never done the Dragon that you go out kinda slow so that you can figure out if there are any LEOs on the road. There were none on the way out so she got into it pretty good on the way back. Came around some corners and I heard her say "Oh no there are a bunch of those cars behind me." So I had her pull off when she could and several of the Aces went by. A Lotus, Lambo, Ferrari, Z06, GTR and then a plain jane BWM, They gave us the thumbs up as they went buy. Wife had four vehicles pull over for here. Grandkids had a ball waving to the photographers on the road.

Here is a little on this group.

Yes I sure wish I had my car.

https://www.wheels.ca/trackworthy-bl...e-spade-rally/

Old 07-11-2018, 06:49 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Yep, some if not most of those guys I met and are from the Pittsburgh Cars and Coffee.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172