Northwestern Indiana MINIacs a MINI club for Porter, County Indiana and the surrounding counties

FS 04 MCS 40th Annv Monte Carlo Ed

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 03:36 PM
jsmith6
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS 04 MCS 40th Annv Monte Carlo Ed

Since I am ordering a 2009 JCW when I return, that means I have to sell the one I have currently. It is a 2004 MCS Monte Carlo 40th Anniversary Edition with 71k miles. The car has many features specific to this particular model such as rubber floor mats with the 40th logo in them for front, rear and boot, a special shift **** with 40th logo in it, exterior distinctive badging, special two tone leather interior and more. I've included an article here for more information: http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/artic...per_s_mc40.asp

The picture in that article is obviously not my car, but mine is very similar. The one difference is that mine has white bonnet stripes, which are absent in this article's car.

The car is solid. Has tires with about 2,500 miles on them. Oil was changed regularily (used full synthetic Royal Purple every 3-6k miles), vehicle was washed pretty much weekly and interior cleaned on a schedule. All work done to the car to include buying gas has been annotated. I have a few extras on the car: auto up/down windows, aftermarket exhuast, 15% supercharger pulley reduction and front & rear strut bars. All and all the car is in good shape, not a ton of power and is good for learners and experienced drivers alike. Car blue books in at just under $18k, I am looking for $15k firm. PM or respond here please. Car is located in SW Oklahoma but being from the Region I am intending on coming home after deployment. It's currently being garaged while I am deployed. It's also my ex-wife's car....that would be enough motivation to sell it had I not been buying a 2009 JCW. Photos can be sent, just ask!

Speaking of coming home...I might be home in April for midtour leave and if not, June for good. I'd like to take a spin with you guys and what not. My family is stretched all over Lake County and the future wife lives in Munster. Anyone got anything? I've also been hearing about your winter back home...ugh, keep it.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:12 AM
cliffyb
2nd Gear
I'll keep you in mind if I hear of someone looking for a MINI. We'd be glad to have you join us any time you like. You're almost a short-timer now, looking forward to your EAOS? Check out our site, we post events a little more over there.

http://www.nwiminiacs.com/

Old 02-10-2009, 04:30 PM
jsmith6
2nd Gear
I've two years left on my contract. I was scheduled to get out 1 Sept 08, but I was here and went ahead and took the 3yr/$35k bonus. I was going to spend a year of it here anyways and with the job market back in the Region, we figured it would just be best to tough out two more years after I got back then come home. The $35k is nice also, makes me a little more financially independent and I am putting most of it towards retirement. Right now is a great time to get in on a Roth IRA or a mutual fund with the market being so low! If you get in on the basement level, the elevator has no where to go but up!

Anyone from Crown Point, Cedar Lake, Munster, Hammond, Highland or Valpo on here? I'll try to post if I get midtour leave...I've a friend at The Times, they want to do a story of me sneaking home and surprising the the snot out of the girlfriend (possibly April). Keep your eyes peeled! I'd love to gang up with you guys then and help you enjoy the return of Spring to the Region!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
jsmith6
2nd Gear
OH

And if any of you know a Liz Carton (or any Cartons or Alspachs) from Munster, keep this "surprise" to yourselves please! That would ruin the "surprise" aspect of it! I've been in cahoots with her family and The Times since I left to pull this off!