North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Northern California (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/northern-california-26/)
-   -   Mini Takes the States (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/northern-california/71215-mini-takes-the-states.html)

cooprd 06-13-2006 09:57 PM

Mini Takes the States

This message came from one of the MINI agency team today. I believe you should get this to all the owners you believe are interested in the MTTS tour, as well as on to your site and every where you can ASAP. Thanks for helping MINI and MC2 to make this event great!
Barry

Just a reminder to you guys as I know you guys talk to a lot of MINI folks out there.
I'm hearing "here and there" that a lot of people are planning on joining in the MTTS fun along the way but many who are only planning to join the rally in their home city or for one or two cities…didn't realize they needed to register online.
Somehow there is a perception out there that registration was only needed if doing large portions of the program or the entire coast to coast drive.
We're asking all participants, even those only coming out for one event to register online. This is so we can send the welcome packet out to everyone and not just some and so that we can get a better reading on the amount of event space, food and beverage and all other components to plan for. If they don't register, we won't know they are coming.
We want everyone to receive the ID wristbands as well as the initial welcome correspondence from MINI USA. Those will be sent out sometime prior to the program start date.
I've been talking to a lot of car clubs nationwide last week and this week and they are all spreading the word to their membership ranks as well.
We've been posting updates to the MTTS website on a weekly basis now so if someone you know wants more info on a specific city's events, tell them to check the site for more information on the specific cities and legs of the program that interest them most.
Just keeping you guys in the loop.
Motor on! =)

creeker 06-14-2006 07:16 AM

I checked the Mini Takes the States web site this morning and there are now 316 cars registered for the drive from Monterey to Santa Barbara! :thumbsup:

ka_ciao 06-14-2006 07:43 AM

That's awesome!

Escape Pod 06-14-2006 07:50 AM

I'm ready to go:thumbsup:

myzamboni 06-14-2006 09:13 AM

Just registered myself. Time to look for a hotel in Santa Barbara.

cooprd 06-14-2006 09:21 AM

Nice of Mini to list hotels and price ranges.

cooprd 06-14-2006 06:57 PM

More Info/Questions

Each registration will receive TWO WRISTBANDS You will need to list each city stop you are attending even if you are only attending one.

Please list any questions on this forum. Questions will be collected and answered here in this thread in a few weeks. We will keep doing this as the event nears.

Please read below:

1. Do all of your members who plan to attend any portion of the program know that they must register online at www.minitakesthestates.com

2. Is your membership planning a collective appearance at any of the stops along the way? (We've already heard from many clubs that a number of car club events are being planned for the cities that are closest to their home locales).

3. To remind you that the MTTS website mentioned above is updated once per week. As of next week you'll be able to view almost all special events that will take place from coast to coast. Special guest appearances will take place along the way from sports figures to musical artists to other well known names. Please check the site often for the most up to date information.

4. The new WHO'S COMING section of the website (located at the bottom of the home page) lists all persons who have registered to date. You can also click on each leg of the program to find out who is coming for specific cities.

5. All special events that are confirmed will begin appearing on the website next week as well so you can pick and choose based on your taste and based on what you'd like to attend. Personalize your trip as you wish.

6. MINI USA will be sending the registration packet in the weeks prior to the event only to those who have registered online. This packet will contain the VIP wristbands needed to gain entrance to all special events coast to coast. Anyone can register including those interested in MINI. You don't have to own a MINI to be part of this spectacular program.

7. We anticipate attendance in some cities (Las Vegas, Dallas, Nashville, St. Louis and Jersey City) to reach between 1000-3000 MINI owners. As these events will be huge in comparison to a typical road rally, early hotel reservations are essential and highly recommended. The headquarter and secondary hotels in each city are almost guaranteed to sell out in the weeks prior to the event.

Escape Pod 06-14-2006 07:05 PM

ok, 1st question!

Where do you register your navigator? I don't remember filling anything out for that? Or did I overlook something?:confused:

Annewithane 06-14-2006 07:18 PM

This is great. I haven't got my car yet but I registered today.

They will be going through Indianapolis where we live. My daughter and I will plan to ride east for a while. (Got to be home in time to feed the dogs, though.)

:) :thumbsup:

cooprd 06-14-2006 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Escape Pod
ok, 1st question!

Where do you register your navigator? I don't remember filling anything out for that? Or did I overlook something?:confused:

Never mind on the navigator.
They changed right after I made the post.
Correction was two wrist bands per register.

Escape Pod 06-14-2006 07:42 PM

Thanks! :thumbsup:

creeker 06-14-2006 10:00 PM

I've already booked my hotels. Will be staying at:
Santa Barbara - Orange Tree Inn $115
Las Vegas - Luxor $89 (we moved!)

If the turnout is what they say, it should be a quite a sight to see 500-1000 Minis in Las Vegas!! :thumbsup:

ka_ciao 06-14-2006 10:25 PM

I'm soooo tempted to go to Vegas too...

creeker 06-14-2006 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by nrminer05

Hey, it promises to be a once in a lifetime Mini experience!!

cooprd 06-14-2006 10:36 PM

Come on.......you should go too:nod:

Eric_Rowland 06-14-2006 10:41 PM

Vegas in August - eek! :eek:

blacknblue 06-14-2006 10:45 PM

I have a question.

Can one "edit" their registration?
That is, if you've registered for X amount of legs, can you add more?
Does one need to reregister for those extra legs?

-Juan

Eric_Rowland 06-14-2006 10:52 PM

Per the website, they say not to register if you want to edit info.

ka_ciao 06-14-2006 11:06 PM

So how does one go about updating if they do want to add a leg??? :sly:
Still undecided... that's 3 days off work plus expenses. Hmmmm...

*think*think*think*

On the other hand it's hundreds of MINIs motoring together and it is Vegas, Baby!

*think*think*think*

Hey Eric, are you goin' to Vegas? Can we have another Cannonball Run back??? :razz: Minifly, Athena - you in too???

cooprd 06-14-2006 11:21 PM

Please give some time to collect questions and receive answers.
Good way to tie up loose ends!

Eric_Rowland 06-14-2006 11:26 PM

Hey Eric, are you goin' to Vegas? Can we have another Cannonball Run back??? :razz: Minifly, Athena - you in too???

So how does one go about updating if they do want to add a leg??? :sly:
Still undecided... that's 3 days off work plus expenses. Hmmmm...
Ditto.

Then again, I haven't driven across the US recently, and I don't like my job that much.:wink: :cool: I DO have the map printed out...:sly:
How about a Nikki run lottery ticket buy?:thumbsup:

Eric_Rowland 06-14-2006 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by cooprd
Please give some time to collect questions and receive answers.
Good way to tie up loose ends!

No waiting!:impatient :mad: Give us answers now or we'll track you down and tag your MINI!!:nod: :wink:

Hey, do we have any 'Nikki Run' stickers we can tag him with?:confused:

elbum0 06-15-2006 02:40 AM

I just signed up for the first leg, this should be a lot of fun!

Imagine what it will be like for cars driving the opposite direction, sooooo many MINIs!

DrkSlvrS 06-15-2006 03:54 PM

JUAN - I'm with you ... I just registered for the first leg and I'm seriously considering traveling on to Vegas. It would be nice to be able to edit.

T

Califzeph 06-15-2006 11:10 PM

We're signed up too... just have fingers crossed that we can get the day off!