North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   NorCal MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/norcal-minis-73/)
-   -   Let's go to Vegas together on Thursday Mar 3, 2005!!! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/norcal-minis/36870-lets-go-to-vegas-together-on-thursday-mar-3-2005-a.html)

dinlo 01-31-2005 03:53 PM

Let's go to Vegas together on Thursday Mar 3, 2005!!!

Hey guys

It sound like few of the NorCal members are going to the MINI Vacation In Vegas in March.

Who is interested to meet together on Thursday morning and drive down together?

We are planning to leave no later than 7:00am, so we can get there after noon.

Please post your name here is you are interested to join, and don't forget to sign up at http://www.norcalminis.com/calendar/view_event.asp?event_id=63 even if you are not drive down with us. We just need to get the head count form NorCal MINIs.

Thanks

** The special hotel rate has extended till Feb 4. If you have not yet reserve your room, please hurry before the deal is over.

zied 01-31-2005 04:00 PM

Dennis, if you don't leave until 7am, then you likely won't get there until after 5pm with a couple of stops and food (unless you drive a whole lot faster than me) :grin:... thats why were leaving the night before.

Cynic13th 01-31-2005 05:12 PM

The wife and I are leaving that morning so we can hook up. We wanted to be south of San Jose by 7:30 to avoid traffic, sounds like you all will be leaving around the same time so this should work :smile:

Agro 01-31-2005 06:02 PM

If you're planning on staying at Palace Station and haven't booked yet, DO IT NOW! The group rate expires tomorrow (Feb 1st)

dinlo 02-01-2005 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Agro
If you're planning on staying at Palace Station and haven't booked yet, DO IT NOW! The group rate expires tomorrow (Feb 1st)

Hi Agro

I have talked to the sales manager at Palace Station, they have agree to extened the expiration date to this Friday Feb 4th. I have talked to Andrew from your club last night, I think he will update that soon.

But you are right! People should book NOW if they like to stay with the group :D

Dennis

dinlo 02-01-2005 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by zied
Dennis, if you don't leave until 7am, then you likely won't get there until after 5pm with a couple of stops and food (unless you drive a whole lot faster than me) :grin:... thats why were leaving the night before.

I'm thinking to drive the classic, so I don't think I will drive too fast :p May be we should leave earlier. :D

Dennis

dinlo 02-01-2005 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cynic13th
The wife and I are leaving that morning so we can hook up. We wanted to be south of San Jose by 7:30 to avoid traffic, sounds like you all will be leaving around the same time so this should work :smile:

Hi Cynic13th

Where are you coming from? Once we get the schedule, we can meet up and go down together. :D

Dennis

jimz68 02-01-2005 03:23 PM

I'll be leaving Castro Valley about 4:00 AM Thursday. Can't stand Hi-way 5, so I'll take 99 down to Bakersfield. Hope to see some of you on the road.

Jim
EB/W

Cynic13th 02-01-2005 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by dinlo
Hi Cynic13th

Where are you coming from? Once we get the schedule, we can meet up and go down together. :D

Dennis

We live in San Bruno west of 280 and 380:smile:
Like I said I plan on leaving early but only because I don't want to crawl through SJ :razz: and I want to get to vegas relatively early... I hate getting places late at night :mad:

Just keep me posted:thumbsup:

dinlo 02-01-2005 06:15 PM

We live in San Bruno west of 280 and 380:smile:
Like I said I plan on leaving early but only because I don't want to crawl through SJ :razz: and I want to get to vegas relatively early... I hate getting places late at night :mad:

Just keep me posted:thumbsup:

Hi Cynic13th

If we leave earlier than 7:00am, would you like to join us? I think it's about 9 to 12 hours driving. And I really would like to be there about 4pm to 5pm, it mean we might need to leave at 4 to 5 am in the morning

Dennis

Cynic13th 02-01-2005 08:57 PM

I love getting up early.........kinda

Hi Cynic13th

If we leave earlier than 7:00am, would you like to join us? I think it's about 9 to 12 hours driving. And I really would like to be there about 4pm to 5pm, it mean we might need to leave at 4 to 5 am in the morning

Dennis

I think we can do that. I mean I go to work at that hour most days:roll: So I can for go sleeping in. Where would we be meeting, or is that up in the air still?
Cheers,
Scott

Keffer 02-01-2005 09:29 PM

I'm thinking to drive the classic, so I don't think I will drive too fast :p May be we should leave earlier. :D

Dennis

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to drive the Classis too. I'm open to leaving anytime, it's going to be a long drive no matter what time we leave, not bad, just long.
I like the idea of Hiway 99, more gas stations for my 9 gal gas tank.
Keep me posted please.
Keith:grin:

dinlo 02-01-2005 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Keffer
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to drive the Classis too. I'm open to leaving anytime, it's going to be a long drive no matter what time we leave, not bad, just long.
I like the idea of Hiway 99, more gas stations for my 9 gal gas tank.
Keep me posted please.
Keith:grin:

Hi Keith

Do you how long will it going to take if we go 99 instead of 5? If I drive teh classic, then I will bring my 1 gallon tank with me, in case :p

Dennis

cooprd 02-01-2005 11:24 PM

Greg and I will get in line.

dinlo 02-01-2005 11:27 PM

I think we can do that. I mean I go to work at that hour most days:roll: So I can for go sleeping in. Where would we be meeting, or is that up in the air still?
Cheers,
Scott

Hi Scott

We don't have time nor location yet. How about let's pick the route first then the time and the location.

I only drove on 99 once when I went to Fresno 4 years ago. I always use 5 to LA.

Which route do you like to take?

Keffer like 99
I'm open
How about other people?! Is anyone joining us on Thursday morning?

Dennis

MINIclo 02-01-2005 11:44 PM

:thumbsup: Ooooh...I love to read that Classic Minis will be driven to the Vegas Meet! There were a LOT of them there last year....really great ones! :grin:

Clover :cool:

zied 02-02-2005 02:23 AM

99 is a much nicer drive.... almost as fast. Just as many diesel trucks on both roads because they are both a pretty straight shot traveling south. The advantage to 99 (my prefered route also) is that there are a lot of towns, gas stations, and restaurants all the way to Bakersfield. Dennis, I really think that you will be able to make it in 9 hours plus stops.... well 10 hours with the "classic", plus stops... If you leave early enough, you may catch up to us on the road. We will get as far south as Fresno on Wednesday night, and likely leave Fresno Thursday morning at about 9am.

we will have our radios set at 17-7... should have a 6-8 mile range on 99

Cynic13th 02-02-2005 07:09 AM

Hi Scott

We don't have time nor location yet. How about let's pick the route first then the time and the location.

I only drove on 99 once when I went to Fresno 4 years ago. I always use 5 to LA.

Which route do you like to take?

Keffer like 99
I'm open
How about other people?! Is anyone joining us on Thursday morning?

Dennis

Heh, I don't really care. I was thinking of taking 5 but 99 would be ok If that is what everyone wants to do. I just want to be in a line of MINIs!!!
:smile::smile::smile:
Scott

dinlo 02-02-2005 11:47 PM

Cool!! I think we got the route then. How about we leave the bayarea Thursday morning and try to get to Fresno before 9am to meet up with zied, then we can go from there.

How long will it take form bayarea to Fresno? So we know where to meet and what time we need to take off (From Bayarea). Also may be we can have brakefest in Fresno if we get there early. :D

Inout please. Thanks

Dennis

Cynic13th 02-03-2005 06:42 AM

Cool!! I think we got the route then. How about we leave the bayarea Thursday morning and try to get to Fresno before 9am to meet up with zied, then we can go from there.

How long will it take form bayarea to Fresno? So we know where to meet and what time we need to take off (From Bayarea). Also may be we can have brakefest in Fresno if we get there early. :D

Inout please. Thanks

Dennis

It has been a while since I drove to Fresno, but I think it is a 3.5 to 4 hours from San Bruno. (just checked with Yahoo Maps and they say just under 3.5 hours for whatever that's worth :razz:)
If we leave by 5 am we should be there fine by 9am even with some traffic.
Cheers,
Scott

dinlo 02-03-2005 09:31 AM

It has been a while since I drove to Fresno, but I think it is a 3.5 to 4 hours from San Bruno. (just checked with Yahoo Maps and they say just under 3.5 hours for whatever that's worth :razz:)
If we leave by 5 am we should be there fine by 9am even with some traffic.
Cheers,
Scott

I just check mapquest, from Fremont to Fresno is about 3 hours, and the route is 680N -> 580E -> 5S -> 152E -> 99S

If we all need to take 580 to 5, may be we can meet at Eastbay MINI in Pleasanton. Since it's close to 580 and it's easy to find.

How about we meet at Easybay at 5:30 and take off no later than 5:45 to 6? So we can get to Fresno before 9 and meet up with zied.

How is that sound? Too early, too late? Input please. Thanks :D

Dennis

Cynic13th 02-03-2005 03:54 PM

My Wife told me "Just don't expect me to be awake" So sounds fine to me:lol::lol:

Course now we have a plan and it is still a month to go:cry: I am not going to make it:eek2:

SandiePepper 02-03-2005 04:35 PM

Meet up

Anyone up my way (Yreka Ca) I have to work Wednesday the 2nd, but I can leave early Thursday, Only trouble is I don't think I can get to the Bay area by 5:00am Dennis e-mailed me the other night to say that was the time they were leaving. Just wondering if anyone was this far north if not guess I'll just have to catch up. Would be fun to meet everyone, since I live so far away I haven't been able to attend any meetings or functions yet. I am looking foward to meeting you all.

Sandie

lindavMINI 02-03-2005 05:13 PM

Hi All,

If you haven't done it yet - it's time to RSVP for a worthy cause!

Wecome dinner on Friday night is hosted by c3 (cooper club for charity) and all proceeds go to CAN (cure autism now)

Info here: http://www.c3club.org/amviv/

please rsvp and prepay to ensure you recieve a FREE gift bag at dinner. Great raffle items during dinner too!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Linda
vp c3

Lets caravan for a worthy cause :thumbsup:

SandiePepper 02-03-2005 05:54 PM

Going My Way

Hello

Originally Posted by Sandie
Anyone up my way (Yreka Ca) I have to work Wednesday the 2nd, but I can leave early Thursday, Only trouble is I don't think I can get to the Bay area by 5:00am Dennis e-mailed me the other night to say that was the time they were leaving. Just wondering if anyone was this far north if not guess I'll just have to catch up. Would be fun to meet everyone, since I live so far away I haven't been able to attend any meetings or functions yet. I am looking foward to meeting you all.

Sandie