North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   NorCal MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/norcal-minis-73/)
-   -   NCS Expert Programming? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/norcal-minis/250387-ncs-expert-programming.html)

OreoSAll4 05-03-2013 01:33 PM

NCS Expert Programming?

Anyone in NorCal have knowledge and resources in doing a few things for my 09 R55 S? As you know, dealership is no help what-so-ever. :roll:

LarriB 05-05-2013 06:52 PM

I'm interested in some reprogramming also. My dealer had a tough enough time programming rear fogs on a convertible since the toggle is different than on a hardtop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using NAMotoring

Mpower510 05-14-2013 11:54 PM

You guys get any luck? I need some NCS help too, i bought the cable but having trouble downloading software.

LarriB 05-16-2013 09:43 PM

No response. I guess no one out here files reprogramming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using NAMotoring

Deluded 05-16-2013 10:53 PM

I do, but Im socal.

LarriB 05-17-2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Deluded (Post 3740635)
I do, but Im socal.

Hmmm. Where in SoCal? I have to be in LA on the west side in mid-June.

Deluded 05-17-2013 10:35 AM

I'm usually located in long beach, though I do occasionally come up to downtown L.A.for business.

I'm down to program your car, but please be patient with me... I've only programmed R52's and R53's!

Mpower510 05-23-2013 12:14 AM

daym i wish there was someone from the bay area!

danjreed 05-23-2013 05:04 AM

Is there any type of "Getting started" thread? I want to try a few things once I get my car...

Namely.. where do I get the software?

nutsofamily 05-23-2013 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mpower510 (Post 3739232)
You guys get any luck? I need some NCS help too, i bought the cable but having trouble downloading software.

Software etc

PDFs, xls,...

physh 05-30-2013 12:34 AM

I got NCS expert working and I'm in NorCal (SF). However I've only tried on my own R53 for basic stuff (auto open/close windows and roof, double blinkers, service interval, rear fog activation, unlock all doors with one press of the fob, etc).

LarriB 05-30-2013 10:27 AM

Congratulations in getting it to work. I'm in San Francisco as well. I'd love to get together and learn/do some programming and I'll buy the drinks. Let me know if you're interested.

Here's some of the things I'm interested in, but not all at once

· Fogs as DRL
· Auto Door Unlock- Unlocks all doors when you remove key (regular) or when the engine shuts off
- top down can be "one click" like the sunroof- Don't know if that can be done--Auto up windows
· Power Windows after Ignition Deactivation- Enables power windows for one minute after ignition is turned off
· Always Show Digital Speed- Keep Digital speed in tach
· Disable speed overestimation- Drops the speed read out 2-7 mph
· Opening Doors Will Not Interrupt Window Roll Up
· Heart beat tach- Activates the alarm bar on top of the tack to “pulse on and off”
· Disable Seat Belt Chime- both driver and passenger

physh 05-30-2013 11:53 AM

Hey,

Most of that list is doable if you're cautious. My cable is modded to work on the R53 (soldered pins), so I'm not sure it will work on an R56.
Here is the cable I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200898903005...84.m1497.l2649

A few of my findings:
- It works fine in a VM (on OSX)
- It works fine on Windows 7 (32-bit version ONLY).
- Your testicles will shrink a bit each time you start the programming sequence. :D

I spend a lot of time on BMW and Mini forums to make sense of the large amount of data files and installers I have. My understanding is that if your car is old, you can get away with older files but if it's newer, a new version of NCS and data files is required.

I have all that and you're welcome to give it a shot. I'm busy this weekend replacing water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt and servicing my supercharger but with a bit of coordination we can make it work one of the upcoming weekends I'm sure.

PM me if you want my contact info.