North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   New York/New England (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/new-york-new-england-18/)
-   -   Free Integral Audio® Soundstage™: Need NYC-area F54, F55, & F57 (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/new-york-new-england/308732-free-integral-audio-soundstageu-need-nyc-area-f54-f55-and-f57.html)

Kevin@Integral Audio 11-04-2016 08:29 AM

Free Integral Audio® Soundstage™: Need NYC-area F54, F55, & F57

UPDATE 12/3: Still need an F54 and F57. Also need ANY model with the standard 6-speaker audio system.

It's finally happening. We're developing our Soundstage™+Phantom™ Subwoofer for the F5x. We've got an F56 development vehicle coming into our Brooklyn R&D lab in the week of 11/14.

We also need an F54, F55, and F57 to complete development for those models. If you live in the NYC metro area and have one of those vehicles, PM me.

What's in it for you? A free Soundstage™! What's expected of you? We'll need your vehicle at our Brooklyn R&D lab for a couple days for 1-2 visits. We have a loaner available if you need it. Plus you get a behind the scenes look at some really cool development stuff! NAM members who have participated in this role previously will tell you it was a really great experience.

PM me for details if you are interested.

Mods, please forgive the cross-posting. Trying to get this in front of anyone who might be interested as quickly as possible.

Dragonfly47 11-04-2016 03:55 PM

Is there something unique about the R60 that precludes you from offering a Soundstage system for that model?

Minnie.the.Moocher 11-04-2016 05:02 PM

The aftermarket world mostly ignored Countryman. Never figured out why.

Kevin@Integral Audio 11-06-2016 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly47 (Post 4255587)
Is there something unique about the R60 that precludes you from offering a Soundstage system for that model?

Nothing specific about the R60. We'd planned to develop for it. In fact we've already got much of the physical hardware, and our current tweeters and underseat woofers should work. We'd still need some brackets and bits here and there, and subwoofer development (if done) would be from scratch. And obviously the acoustic measurement/crossover/PCB development would be from scratch as well.

The issue is one of potential sales volume vs. development cost. Most folks have no idea just how much work goes into the Soundstage™ development. New vehicles are running us around $100k right now, and even with reduced hardware development needs the R60 would likely run well north of $50k. To give you a sense, something you probably didn't even consider - the installation instructions - cost a minimum of $5k to do.

I'm currently running 2+ years behind schedule (yep, 2 YEARS!), and with the R60 about to be replaced by the F60 we made the determination that we'd just have to skip the R60. The only way I could even remotely consider it would be if we pre-sold 25+ units, but we got zero interest when we posted about it a while back. At this point, I don't think even that would be possible. For the MINI market, 80% of our sales are to 1st owners within the first 2 years of ownership. Given that, I think the window for the R60 has closed unfortunately.

Dragonfly47 11-06-2016 10:23 AM

Well, that's a shame. I was willing to drop a couple grand to bring the audio level of the wife's Countryman at least equal to the top of the line Meridian system in my Range Rover. Maybe in a couple of years you'll have something for our next vehicle.

Minnie.the.Moocher 11-06-2016 02:49 PM

For a couple of grand you can do fine without a prefab system. Might not equal Meridian but will be better than stock.

Kevin@Integral Audio 12-02-2016 01:34 PM

Updated, as of 12/3: need F54, F57, and any model with the standard 6-speaker system.