North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   NEO Miniacs (Mini NEO) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/neo-miniacs-mini-neo-87/)
-   -   Mini NEO President stepping down (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/neo-miniacs-mini-neo/70586-mini-neo-president-stepping-down.html)

Sarcux 06-06-2006 01:31 PM

Mini NEO President stepping down

Hello everyone,

I have made the decision that I would like to step down as President of Mini NEO. This does not mean that I want to leave the club or be any less active, but I think someone with more leadership ability is needed to bring our club to the next level.

As I'm sure you've noticed, we're nowhere as active as other clubs out there. I'd like to find a motivated replacement that is willing to put together more events than I have been able to. I do have some stipulations though...

I started this club in October of 2002, and being Founder I plan on retaining some sense of control over things. I'll continue to keep the website going so long as I live in Ohio, and I refuse to ever let the club charge dues. I do not believe in dues for a club like this.

However, I think the club could benefit greatly from a full set of officers which includes people who are actually good at getting events together.

So, I am starting a thread on www.minineo.org under General Talk where you can nominate yourself or others for the position of President. The elections will be held in 1 week via a website poll which will end 1 week thereafter. The new president can then appoint his or her officers in the manner he or she would like.

If you have any questions or comments, please e-mail me at president@minineo.org. Thank you.

- Jeremy M Adams
President & Founder, Mini NEO
www.minineo.net
www.minineo.org
www.cafepress.com/minineo :cool:

WannaMini_ 01-16-2007 09:13 AM

Oh no!!!!! I hope you are not serious! Did you have any takers? I think you've done a great job with the group...granted, I've never been to any meet n' greets (my fault).

You will be missed as Pres!

Sarcux 01-16-2007 09:14 AM

I decided to stick around, appointed a VP to take the reigns when I get tired.

07PepperS 01-16-2007 09:46 AM

I'm new here - 3 weeks old, and 6 weeks from delivery of my 1st MINI. :thumbsup:

You say this site is not as active as others. Well, what sites are those? I guess I need to check them out. This is the only site I check on a daily, if not more, basis. I find it a great resource and to me, very active site.

I see your site you use for the Ohio guys, it looks to be pretty time consuming - so I gather that it is taking time away from this side of the house. May or may no be true, but just looking from my limited point of view. In my humble opinion, I wish there was one 'parent site' and all other groups would host off the mother site so all the great info is shared. Oh, well that will never happen, but I can dream.

I hope we get a new president. I don't want the club to drift away. This seems like a wonderful place, at least from a newbie’s perspective it has been. I hope it will continue

Best of luck in the new prez. I totally agree on the election of a board. It’s the only true way to keep growing the business, drive change, and educate the masses. I would suggest that donations be accepted vs. dues. You do need cash flow to assist in the publicity of the site. Now, the board members: President, VP, Secretary, Treasure, and Public Relations? Committees can be formed to help with projects. Is this what you are thinking? I have served on a few professional boards the minimal is listed above, in my opinion only.

Well, good luck. I would volunteer in a split second if I hadn’t been mobilized for overseas duty. I’ve held President and Treasury roles.

Again, good luck. Hopefully I didn’t make you mad with my comments above. Just some off the cuff thoughts in response to this change and clearly I’m not educated on the history of this wonderful :) web site.

Sarcux 01-16-2007 02:20 PM

As i said, I am not stepping down.

We have new forums at www.minineo.net/forums

These on NAM are pretty much obsolete.

bad venge 02-14-2008 03:18 PM

Is the other site up and running ??? I applied a week ago never recieved a reply

spurvis 02-29-2008 09:23 PM

Horray!

Glad to hear you're NOT stepping down. :thumbsup: I've tried to attend all the events at Winking Lizard, but I know there hasn't been much of anything going on lately. Hope to see you at the PUB on 5/18. BTW this is Scott. Hope you remember me. I had the 04 MC Pure Silver Coop and I bought your MCS V-spoke rims. I have an 07 MCS now, but still have the rims.

Sarcux 03-01-2008 09:27 AM

Scott, wow! Haven't heard from you in forever! I actually did pass President to Dana, as I'm trying to step out of the limelight in the Mini community.

You should join up to our forums... www.minineo.net/forums

Hope to see you again soon, dude! Drop me a line - president@minineo.net. We should hang out, I wanna see your new car.