Navigation & Audio Bluetooth Issues with iOS 11 & iPhone 8?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 11:21 AM
camptown
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Bluetooth Issues with iOS 11 & iPhone 8?

Is it just me or others having issues with the BMW/MINI radios and Bluetooth connections with the iOS11 from Apple?

I also experienced the issues with previous iOS issues with streaming music via Bluetooth, but this is actual phone calls now, not just streaming music.

The car drops the bluetooth audio for roughly 15 seconds but doesn't drop the phone connection and then the bluetooth audio kicks back in, but you missed the last 15 seconds of the call.

I have the new iPhone 8 and have been on the phone with Apple trying to determine if it's software or hardware issues, but since the phone and operating systems came at the same time it's a tad more difficult to diagnose.

A test in another vehicle produced no issues on the single test call.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:42 AM
StephenM
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I only have a 6S, but running iOS11 and now 11.0.1 I have not had a single problem with phone calls. I don't use the BT audio so cannot comment there.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:42 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Not sure if it's related to my Connected 5.0 headunit or iOS 11 (both are new to me), but I noticed when I play podcasts, pausing will start the podcast over instead of pausing like it did on my F55. SUPER annoying

Old 10-01-2017, 03:49 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
Not sure if it's related to my Connected 5.0 headunit or iOS 11 (both are new to me), but I noticed when I play podcasts, pausing will start the podcast over instead of pausing like it did on my F55. SUPER annoying
Many are complaining of issues with bluetooth connectivity and CarPlay with the new IOS 11.

Read this link and see if any of these suggestions help.

https://www.idropnews.com/ios-11/how...&utm_term=tapp

Old 10-01-2017, 11:40 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
Many are complaining of issues with bluetooth connectivity and CarPlay with the new IOS 11.

Read this link and see if any of these suggestions help.

https://www.idropnews.com/ios-11/how...&utm_term=tapp
I don't have CarPlay, just using the built in Bluetooth Audio player, but I have no doubt it is iOS 11 related.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
I don't have CarPlay, just using the built in Bluetooth Audio player, but I have no doubt it is iOS 11 related.
That link has 9 different issues people are having, including screen freeze ups and slow response time. I'm still running 10.3 and waiting for them to work out the bugs on 11.0. Today I had quite a few screen freeze ups on iPhone. I did a hard reboot twice and so far it's working fine right now.