Navigation & Audio Bluetooth Audio Connection Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 11:43 AM
dolcemz
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Audio Connection Confusion

Greetings. I just took delivery of a new F56 JCW. I don't have nav and am having trouble understanding the concept of the Bluetooth Audio Connection. My iPhone 6 is paired and connected for phone calls and music via Bluetooth but I can't for the life of me figure out why my google maps gps won't give direction prompts through the system. I have the settings in google maps set to give prompts via Bluetooth but not working. I can get it to work if I set it to connect as phone call but surely that's not the way it should work. It happy with that method as you miss half the prompt by the time it connects as a phone call.

Am I mission something perhaps? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:11 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
With Google Maps, audio instructions will only come through if you are listening to Bluetooth audio. If you are listening to radio, you won't hear them. You can turn on "Play as Bluetooth Phone Call" to get around this so that the instructions will always come through.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:30 PM
dolcemz
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
With Google Maps, audio instructions will only come through if you are listening to Bluetooth audio. If you are listening to radio, you won't hear them. You can turn on "Play as Bluetooth Phone Call" to get around this so that the instructions will always come through.
thanks for that siriuszero. I was afraid that might be the case. I've found that by the time the phone connects I've missed much of the prompt. It is what it is I suppose.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:35 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Alternative would be to not have it go through BT at all and just come from the phone speaker, but depending on how loud your music is, you may miss the prompt

Old 03-26-2017, 07:11 AM
Zazoh
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I do in this situation is to plug in the phone via USB, using the Multimedia menu. That way the directions come through with the music. As an additional upside, the phone is also charging when you do this as GPS uses a lot of battery power.

It is a tad less convenient, but works.

Sorry, just re-read thread, also works with Music Bluetooth ...

The FORD boards have this complaint as well, think of the audio system as channels, if you are on SirusXM or FM radio, you will not hear the bluetooth channel broadcasting the alerts.

Last edited by Zazoh; 03-26-2017 at 07:25 AM.