Navigation & Audio Mini Connect and Amazon Music crashing

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 12:22 PM
SkyRideTravis
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Mini Connect and Amazon Music crashing

Does anyone on here have issues with Amazon Music causing the head unit in your car to crash? I can listen to music from the Amazon Music app for about 10 minutes, then the head unit freezes up and reboots.

Hopefully someone has had this issue and found a work around. I'm using an iPhone 6 with the latest version of iOS and the Amazon Music app.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Gypsy Jazz
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had the same problem, plus I can only listen to something I start on the phone, can't control the app on the dashboard. I have iPhone 6 and a 2012 JCW with mini connected. I spent a few days back and forth with Amazon support--they told me the app no longer has this function and is not supported by Mini any longer. I asked my mini dealer and they said the app doesn't work with the mini. I find this strange, since my Audible app works fine, and Mini's web site lists the Amazon Music app as being fully integrated.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Gypsy Jazz
Neutral
I've had the same problem, plus mine will play through the speakers, but I can't control throughout the dashboard--using newest Amazon Music app through my iPhone 6 and 2012 JCW. I spent a few days back and forth with tech support at Amazon--they said the app no longer supports connection with mini coopers. I asked the service manager at the Mini dealer and he said the app is not compatible with Mini. This seems very strange, since the Audible app works fine, and when I plug it in through lightning cable, the app connects and shows up--so there is no ability to control it on the phone when the cable is connected. I don't have any other suggestions.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:49 PM
ranger052
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have iPhone 6 and my problem is that I download the Amazon music for offline listening the quality is terrible and yes I cannot control the app using the car.

I emailed amazon and they escalated my case to engineer to get more info and get it fix but to be honest I didn't have the time as I have a really busy schedule :(

I have a few days off come up and I will try to get back to them

Old 12-09-2016, 09:50 PM
ranger052
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I also tried other apps such as Pandora and everything worked fine, so issue is only with Amazon

Old 12-10-2016, 05:51 PM
SkyRideTravis
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
At least I'm not the only one with issues with Amazon Music. Since your issues are different, I'm betting its just a poorly written app. Too bad Android Auto or Apple CarPlay or whatever those things are called aren't more common. It would probably solve a lot of issues if a standard interface like that was used in most autos, it would probably save a lot of headaches with programmers.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Ken Chalk
Neutral
MINI Connected issues

The MINI Connected app and MINI Journey Mate xl app worked without error messages until the Dec 4, 2015 update of the MINI Journey Mate xl. Suddenly 'NAV' unavailable error when starting trips.

I installed it on my iPhone 7 plus, 6s, and 5s hoping it was going to make a difference. Nope! It takes 3-15 minutes to get a NAV running and soon after the app crashes. Also, while Journey Mate XL app can send a trip to my MINI I can not run it or even find it sometimes. I end manually entering the trip or trying to get the trip addressing from my Contact (on board).

I have sent feedback to the team with a more detailed description of the problems. No response from mini. The last iOS and Android update was Dec 2016 to MINI Connected XL. Reading the reviews Journey Mate XL is enlightening. It's not just me, or iOS. These issue seem to plague both IOS and android users. Further these issues seems to pop up across a broad spectrum of I've West and android devices.

I spent a lot of money to Have this feature on the car and I'm extremely frustrated. More it seems that many is well aware of these issues and yet still markets it as a major feature their website.