Navigation & Audio upgraded speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Bavsound
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
I ordered so will give it a go. Hopefully all goes according to plan.
Beautiful -- send me a personal email to mdc@bavsound.com with your order number so I can take a look and make absolutely sure you get exactly what you need.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by Bavsound
Beautiful -- send me a personal email to mdc@bavsound.com with your order number so I can take a look and make absolutely sure you get exactly what you need.
Done

Old 10-05-2017, 05:49 AM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Got my Stage One kit installed on my F60 Countryman.

I have the base audio system (without tweeters) and wanted a clearer sound without going crazy...

I got them installed within an hour, and had no issue with the whole process.

They do sound amazing (especialy for the price!). I wasn’t expecting a lot but immediately noticed a huge improvement across the whole range (from highs to lows). Sound is much richer and balanced.

Quality-wise, those little 4” drivers are quite impressive!

I am very happy with my upgrade, and couldn’t ask more for $300!

Old 10-12-2017, 06:53 AM
pianoman011
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I installed Bavsound stage 1 and ghost subwoofers in my 2017 JCW and it sounded more clear, but still not enough power in this system. So I ordered the Bimmertech amp (Match PP 82DSP) and cable, installed it and tuned it with the software. The system does not have the booming bass because the design of the subs and enclosure, but the system is now extremely clear and sounds excellent. To me worth the time and money. Even my dealer is at a loss for words on how good it sounds.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:17 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by pianoman011
I installed Bavsound stage 1 and ghost subwoofers in my 2017 JCW and it sounded more clear, but still not enough power in this system. So I ordered the Bimmertech amp (Match PP 82DSP) and cable, installed it and tuned it with the software. The system does not have the booming bass because the design of the subs and enclosure, but the system is now extremely clear and sounds excellent. To me worth the time and money. Even my dealer is at a loss for words on how good it sounds.
That's funny because the Bimmertech & Bavsound people told me more than once that they don't support the MINI with that amp. I went with a JL600 and am more than happy. The bass in my car is more than I need. I think the JL is a more powerful amp and it only drives 6 channels so I lost the useless center speakers.

Either way the stock MINI set up is insufficient for people who like loud clear sound.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:47 AM
pianoman011
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They told me that they had never tried a Mini. I said since it is the same system as the BMW 2 series (HK System) it should not be a problem. They sent me the amp and wiring harness, plug and play. Worked great. They wanted me to bring the car to Florida so that they could install and tune it for a couple hundred bucks but I decided to so it myself. Easy install but tuning took a little while to get it right. Could stand a little more bass but not a problem for me. I don't listen to bass driven type music (RAP). I usually listen to classic rock and jazz and it sounds excellent. But the stock setup from the factory has an anemic sound.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:31 AM
MiniTigger
5th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Bavsound
@Bavsound, are there any packages for the R53 (06 MCS)? Speakers, amp, etc?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:34 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Send them an email as they seem to have dropped off the Vendor list as they probably don't sell many systems to cheap MINI owners. BMW is were the $$$ are at in after market sounds.

The following users liked this post:
MiniTigger (02-06-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 07:03 PM
ag13
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy crap this was far from a couple of hours install. Sorry from bringing this thread back from the dead, but jeez. First the good, the stage 1 system in my stock f56 is way better than stock, even with no amp. The bad, the install instructions are only available by YouTube link and while entertaining they lack on substance. Additionally, as I read on this thread, my two set of speakers had no instructions inside as to which pair went in front and which in rear. Seriously folks, almost 2 years later and still the same lack of instructions? If I hadn’t stopped and read this thread I would have kept the non capacitor speakers in the front as I had installed them. Additionally the only way I noticed the difference between the pair was by seeing a large bump on the wire harness on a speaker. Come on folks, your product clearly improves on what the factory puts out at what I consider a reasonable price. That said poor delivery and lack of instructions, directions, is not good for business, well not for the long run. Rant over, back to your regularly scheduled program.

The following users liked this post:
MQQN (06-29-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 09:58 AM
snwmble
3rd Gear
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
I installed the 4 speakers & underneath ghost subs on my R60 countryman, and was disappointed. The stock base unit simply doesn't have enough power for these upgraded speakers. Bavsound doesn't sell an optional amp for the R60. Looking for alternative amp options to power all 4 speakers + 2 ghost subs now.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:35 AM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by snwmble
I installed the 4 speakers & underneath ghost subs on my R60 countryman, and was disappointed. The stock base unit simply doesn't have enough power for these upgraded speakers. Bavsound doesn't sell an optional amp for the R60. Looking for alternative amp options to power all 4 speakers + 2 ghost subs now.
Any compact 6-channel amp should work. Or a 4 channel if you don’t care about the rears; you can leave them powered by the head unit and only amp the underseat and front speakers.

You can get a pre built wiring harness ready to go from TechnicPNP. The BMW E90 3 series share audio equipment with the MINI R60, so these will work:

https://technicpnp.com/product-categ...-3-series-e9x/

Old 06-26-2018, 10:44 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
JL Audio XD600/6v2 6-channel car amplifier - 75 watts RMS x 6

You won't regret it, except maybe for the cost of it. TechnicPNP can get them for you, although he isn't an authorized dealer for it. He said he would honor factory length warranty when I bought it. Only catch was he didn't know battery location for my F56 and sent a very short power cable. Do yourself a favor with any amp and buy a higher quality all copper power cable.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:54 AM
haibane
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DarkMiniCooperS
Got my Stage One kit installed on my F60 Countryman.

I have the base audio system (without tweeters) and wanted a clearer sound without going crazy...

I got them installed within an hour, and had no issue with the whole process.

They do sound amazing (especialy for the price!). I wasn’t expecting a lot but immediately noticed a huge improvement across the whole range (from highs to lows). Sound is much richer and balanced.

Quality-wise, those little 4” drivers are quite impressive!

I am very happy with my upgrade, and couldn’t ask more for $300!

Oh wow. I wish my Bavsound upgrade came with tweeters unfortunately it was just mids without tweeters. Not sure why, but I guess its a series difference. Anyhow, I would verify that your speakers are in phase. I recently went back to add some deadening using sound deadener showdown's solutions, and I adjusted the phase. This can be easily determined. If it is out of phase the speakers sound like they are in the doors. If it is in phase the sound stage is closer to the center of the dash. This significantly improved my midbass response.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:57 AM
haibane
1st Gear
Originally Posted by pianoman011
Any install pics? Tutorial? This seems like it would be a bit of pain to install in a stock system.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:11 AM
snwmble
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bratling
Any compact 6-channel amp should work. Or a 4 channel if you don’t care about the rears; you can leave them powered by the head unit and only amp the underseat and front speakers.

You can get a pre built wiring harness ready to go from TechnicPNP. The BMW E90 3 series share audio equipment with the MINI R60, so these will work:

sorry for my ignorance on this topic, but where would that harness plug into on my R60? Is there a stock amp in my R60 w/ base audio? I'm assuming the center headunit/speedo would have to come out with any aftermarket amp I choose to install?

Old 06-27-2018, 11:13 AM
haibane
1st Gear
sorry for my ignorance on this topic, but where would that harness plug into on my R60? Is there a stock amp in my R60 w/ base audio? I'm assuming the center headunit/speedo would have to come out with any aftermarket amp I choose to install?
Check your compartments in your trunk. There might be one in the left or right one on the sides. There is a R60 audio section that might better be suited to answer...

Old 06-28-2018, 02:38 PM
ag13
1st Gear
To me the sound has improved substantially, however I didn’t go with the ghost subs and bass is desperately needed. Just the fact of 600 bucks seems steep. Looking at options now. It does really need an amp. Still searching how to do this. Prefer to power all 6 speakers. I did find what appears to be a amp connector, but if it works it’s missing several wires. Techpnp did send me one, but it appears that it connects between the wiring harness and then connects to the asd module. If correct it gives me an rca connection for an amp. However I’m guessing I would still need to wire each speaker directly?

Old 06-28-2018, 02:57 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Can you link to the exact product on Techpnp site?

Old 06-28-2018, 03:17 PM
ag13
1st Gear
Old 06-28-2018, 03:27 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
That looks like an add a sub woofer device.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:33 PM
ag13
1st Gear
Ok so which one should I get?

Old 07-02-2018, 12:08 PM
snwmble
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bratling

so I spoke to TechnicPNP about the R60's, and informed me that their products only support the F-series mini's....not R's =/ bummer!

Old 07-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
so I spoke to TechnicPNP about the R60's, and informed me that their products only support the F-series mini's....not R's =/ bummer!
TechnicPNP knows BMW really well, he isn't fluent on MINI. I think you will find similarity between the generations, you will just have to dig and research.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:46 PM
ag13
1st Gear
Looks like the 4/6 harness for me on the f56. I appreciate the help!