upgraded speakers - Page 5 - North American Motoring

upgraded speakers

Old 10-11-2016, 06:25 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher View Post
I ordered so will give it a go. Hopefully all goes according to plan.
Beautiful -- send me a personal email to [email protected] with your order number so I can take a look and make absolutely sure you get exactly what you need.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:31 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavsound View Post
Beautiful -- send me a personal email to [email protected] with your order number so I can take a look and make absolutely sure you get exactly what you need.
Done
Old 10-05-2017, 05:49 AM
6th Gear

Got my Stage One kit installed on my F60 Countryman.

I have the base audio system (without tweeters) and wanted a clearer sound without going crazy...

I got them installed within an hour, and had no issue with the whole process.

They do sound amazing (especialy for the price!). I wasn’t expecting a lot but immediately noticed a huge improvement across the whole range (from highs to lows). Sound is much richer and balanced.

Quality-wise, those little 4” drivers are quite impressive!

I am very happy with my upgrade, and couldn’t ask more for $300!

Old 10-12-2017, 06:53 AM
1st Gear

I installed Bavsound stage 1 and ghost subwoofers in my 2017 JCW and it sounded more clear, but still not enough power in this system. So I ordered the Bimmertech amp (Match PP 82DSP) and cable, installed it and tuned it with the software. The system does not have the booming bass because the design of the subs and enclosure, but the system is now extremely clear and sounds excellent. To me worth the time and money. Even my dealer is at a loss for words on how good it sounds.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:17 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman011 View Post
I installed Bavsound stage 1 and ghost subwoofers in my 2017 JCW and it sounded more clear, but still not enough power in this system. So I ordered the Bimmertech amp (Match PP 82DSP) and cable, installed it and tuned it with the software. The system does not have the booming bass because the design of the subs and enclosure, but the system is now extremely clear and sounds excellent. To me worth the time and money. Even my dealer is at a loss for words on how good it sounds.
That's funny because the Bimmertech & Bavsound people told me more than once that they don't support the MINI with that amp. I went with a JL600 and am more than happy. The bass in my car is more than I need. I think the JL is a more powerful amp and it only drives 6 channels so I lost the useless center speakers.

Either way the stock MINI set up is insufficient for people who like loud clear sound.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:47 AM
1st Gear

They told me that they had never tried a Mini. I said since it is the same system as the BMW 2 series (HK System) it should not be a problem. They sent me the amp and wiring harness, plug and play. Worked great. They wanted me to bring the car to Florida so that they could install and tune it for a couple hundred bucks but I decided to so it myself. Easy install but tuning took a little while to get it right. Could stand a little more bass but not a problem for me. I don't listen to bass driven type music (RAP). I usually listen to classic rock and jazz and it sounds excellent. But the stock setup from the factory has an anemic sound.