Navigation & Audio Anyone have the MINI Portable GPS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 03:57 AM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
well ......I was going to install the BC-30 myself but then was reading that the power to the back-up light might be a 'momentary ' powered circuit which would entail putting in a relay .....so i bailed ...the GPS and the BC30 were purchased at Best Buy so i had them do the install ...( he said that no relay was needed but did not know that until he tested it) .....the camera was drilled into the frame at the top of the license plate on the the left side of the plate ......for power he simply spliced into the back up light ....he ran the wires beautifully hidden in the weatherstripping/moulding up the right side of
the rear windshield to the transmitter that he installed under the headliner giving direct line of sight to the receiver which is part of the power plug that plugs into the back of the GPS unit that i have installed in front of the console/shifter...all totally invisible and Best Buy did for $60 ...well worth it for me ( though i like doing stuff like this myself but i do not think i would have been able to hide it all so perfectly) ....I did set the guidance lines myself which took a while to get it how i like it

Old 04-28-2017, 07:27 AM
miniuy
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Umberto,

I'm glad you have your cam already installed and it would be great to see some pic of the place where the cam was installed and how it looks (aesthetically).
I also love doing things myself but I have discovered that when it involves electrical wiring it's better to pay and take it to an expert (who is the responsible and surely he will know how to solve any inconvenience).

Enjoy your back ups!

Old 04-29-2017, 02:42 PM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
miniuy .....here is a link to a post with some pictures .....works for me ......

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...e-worst-2.html

my pictures are in posts #42 and #43 ...

the GPS has the back up camera working but alas, the pic looks over exposed but you get the idea ...the back up camera works pretty decently even in low lighting

Old 05-09-2017, 12:41 PM
miniuy
5th Gear
Originally Posted by umberto
miniuy .....here is a link to a post with some pictures .....works for me ......

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...e-worst-2.html

my pictures are in posts #42 and #43 ...

the GPS has the back up camera working but alas, the pic looks over exposed but you get the idea ...the back up camera works pretty decently even in low lighting
Thanks for sharing Umberto!

Old 07-04-2017, 08:27 AM
miniuy
5th Gear
Backup light wiring color

Anyone with the info about the backup wires colors on the R56 2010?
It seems they are a blue/grey wire, but I want to check if anyone has the backup cam connected to witch wires colors (+/-) on the R56.

GPS working great but I don't want to get the indy shop playing/testing with the rear lights wiring...