North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Navigation/Audio (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-audio-364/)
-   -   Navigation & Audio 2019 6.5" Mini Connected / NBT EVO? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-audio/336545-2019-6-5-mini-connected-nbt-evo.html)

reidmefirst 03-01-2019 10:54 AM

2019 6.5" Mini Connected / NBT EVO?

Hey all -

I wonder, has anyone taken apart the dash of a US 2019 Mini with the 6.5" infotainment system? It looks like the 2019 models now have a 6.5" touch screen (prior years lacked touch), I wonder what model of computer is actually used behind-the-scenes and if it has changed for this year? I noticed that the UK versions look to have the NBT EVO even behind the 6.5" screen. I'm skeptical that the US version does this, just curious...there's a mini on a dealer lot that I'm thinking of buying, trying to figure out if adding navigation/carplay will require a complete infotainment swap with all of the joy that that entails, or if the hardware is mostly there and some workarounds can be found.

ApexF60SE 03-03-2019 11:25 AM

My US 2018 SE has a touch screen EVO nav system. Haven't measured the 6.5", but seems about right. I wouldn't expect they install multiple screen types/sizes for an EVO Touchscreen infotainment sys. If you search you'll see some people - mainly BMW - uses same sys AFIK - have been purchasing FSC codes to activate Apple CarPlay on newer systems.

8bitNAM 04-14-2019 01:49 PM

So... are we saying with this new unit there is a possibility of coding CarPlay and such?

8bitNAM 04-14-2019 01:50 PM

So are we saying with this new unit, there is a possibility to code CarPlay and such?

stingray69 01-13-2020 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by 8bitNAM (Post 4463457)
So are we saying with this new unit, there is a possibility to code CarPlay and such?

I’m interested. Any news?

stingray69 07-12-2020 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by 8bitNAM (Post 4463457)

i have 6,5 touch with navi, is not possible to have carplay? :(

Jason Martin 01-17-2021 04:14 AM

Navigation & Audio 2019 6.5" Mini Connected / NBT EVO

Originally Posted by reidmefirst (Post 4453798)
Hey all -

I wonder, has anyone taken apart the dash of a US 2019 Mini with the 6.5" infotainment system? It looks like the 2019 models now have a 6.5" touch screen (prior years lacked touch), I wonder what model of computer is actually used behind-the-scenes and if it has changed for this year? I noticed that the UK versions look to have the NBT EVO even behind the 6.5" screen. I'm skeptical that the US version does this, just curious...there's a mini on a dealer lot that I'm thinking of buying, trying to figure out if adding navigation/carplay will require a complete infotainment swap with all of the joy that that entails, or if the hardware is mostly there and some workarounds can be found.

I have taken my dash apart. I have the 6.5" infotainment system with non nav ENEVO system i think it is called. I have it coded with Sirius XM & Apple Car-play. if you have an IPhone and get it coded with car play you really don't need navigation.

davidrdz 06-06-2021 08:50 AM

Hi, I’m new NAM. How do I know what variation of the system I have?

I have 6.5 touch screen. No Nav, no remote services. Do have tele services.

I have Spotify interface though, no other thing like tunein etc. but I do no have CarPlay.

I do have a F57, produced on 2019-02-21 I am in Canada.

I’m trying to see if I can upgrade something just to be able to have CarPlay running on it.

i have seen YouTube videos of mini with a small screen like mine showing CarPlay.

thx