North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Navigation/Audio (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-audio-364/)
-   -   Navigation & Audio In the middle of a speaker install, is there a trick in removing the front window (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-audio/326132-in-the-middle-of-a-speaker-install-is-there-a-trick-in-removing-the-front-window.html)

snwmble 04-13-2018 07:16 AM

In the middle of a speaker install, is there a trick in removing the front window

switch panel?

I removed the torx screw that holds it place, but seems like something else is holding it down (tabs?)

Anyone have any insight on removing this?

I've installed Bavsound underseat subwoofers on my non-HK R60, as well as the rear speakers....so far the sound is incredible.
by , on Flickr
by , on Flickr
by , on Flickr
by , on Flickr

mikey_t 04-13-2018 02:02 PM

Two tabs, pry gently. Are you replacing the stereo also?

snwmble 04-13-2018 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by mikey_t (Post 4382531)
Two tabs, pry gently. Are you replacing the stereo also?

do you remember where exactly the tabs lie? I’m trying to do it now and can’t get the thing off for the life of me!

mikey_t 04-13-2018 07:20 PM

Both were at the front, just behind Mickey

snwmble 04-13-2018 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by mikey_t (Post 4382589)
Both were at the front, just behind Mickey

got both front speakers in tonight. Thanks for the tips!

snwmble 04-16-2018 09:16 AM

Overall impressions: Did the 4 speaker and 2 ghost subs....the sound is significantly better (around 50% improvement over stock non-HK). Still lacking the oomph, which is largely due to the stock amp.

Was it worth the money? The 4 speakers in the door cards yes.....the odd mounting points for the speakers made this easy to drop in. the subs i feel were a bit overpriced for what they are, but don’t know what other options for shallow subs was out there.

If anyone needs tips installing either subs or speakers hit me up. Had to make some relief cuts in the carpet to remove the ghost subs as well as break the glue free that held them into the enclosure

Tito Febus 04-17-2018 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by snwmble (Post 4383061)
Overall impressions: Did the 4 speaker and 2 ghost subs....the sound is significantly better (around 50% improvement over stock non-HK). Still lacking the oomph, which is largely due to the stock amp.

Was it worth the money? The 4 speakers in the door cards yes.....the odd mounting points for the speakers made this easy to drop in. the subs i feel were a bit overpriced for what they are, but don’t know what other options for shallow subs was out there.

If anyone needs tips installing either subs or speakers hit me up. Had to make some relief cuts in the carpet to remove the ghost subs as well as break the glue free that held them into the enclosure

Probably a stupid question but just want to make sure.. all the speakers are 5.25? I got a 2014 r60

Minnie.the.Moocher 04-17-2018 08:40 PM

Ideally the Ghost woofers need more power.

snwmble 04-19-2018 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Tito Febus (Post 4383528)

Probably a stupid question but just want to make sure.. all the speakers are 5.25? I got a 2014 r60

I have a base sound system, so my speakers were 4" all around.

Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher (Post 4383531)
Ideally the Ghost woofers need more power.

my thoughts exactly. Right now it is a vast improvement over stock, but I could see that the subs can def handle a lot more juice to them.