Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio XM & iPod Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
MINIGolfer1
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM & iPod Adapter

Ok, I need to get some clarification and am hoping that someone can help me.

I have heard that if you have the iPod adapter installed, that you can't hook up the XMD1000 and the Blitzsafe adapter and have XM radio in the MINI.

Can someone shed some light for me on this? I would love to be able to use my iPod whenever I want to, as well as having XM available.

Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I'm going to be putting this into an '05 MCS HB/W. Want to know if this is going to work before the car gets to the dealer and they go to install the iPod adapter, because if I can't have them both, I want to eliminate the iPod adapter.

Thanks

Old 05-04-2005, 04:34 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could always get the AUX input for your head unit. Your iPod will work through it.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Marc@Blitzsafe
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIGolfer1
Ok, I need to get some clarification and am hoping that someone can help me.

I have heard that if you have the iPod adapter installed, that you can't hook up the XMD1000 and the Blitzsafe adapter and have XM radio in the MINI.

Can someone shed some light for me on this? I would love to be able to use my iPod whenever I want to, as well as having XM available.

Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I'm going to be putting this into an '05 MCS HB/W. Want to know if this is going to work before the car gets to the dealer and they go to install the iPod adapter, because if I can't have them both, I want to eliminate the iPod adapter.

Thanks
We offer a solution that allows you to have XM and the OEM Ipod interface. The interface relocated the Ipod to the rear of the vehicle though. If you are going to buy the interface, DO NOT LET THE DEALER INSTALL IT. The reason you can't have the XM or Sirius and the Ipod interface is that the Ipod interface requires you to remove the audio part of the changer harness from the radio. If you purchase the BMW/XM SLD I, you can connect everything in the cargo area of your vehicle. The interface will run you $180 shipped with the NAM discount. Let me know what you would like to do.

Old 05-13-2005, 12:40 PM
ElonCooper
3rd Gear
Marc,

I am very new to the Ipod scene, in other words I just bought one an hour ago. I have XM installed, with the blitzsafe unit, connected to the factory cd changer lines in the trunk. I'd like to be able to install my Ipod in the rear as well, and be able to control with HU, etc. There are additonal (open) lines running out of the blitzsafe/XM setup now and they look like original factory lines for a cd changer. Is there an additional interface what would allow me to connect the Ipod to these open lines successfully? There were some mention of this in your other responses, but I wasn't sure I understood it correctly. Also, if there is such an animal, does this power the Ipod as well. Thanks.

Old 05-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Marc@Blitzsafe
2nd Gear
The SLD I that we offer allows you to have the XM Direct and connect the OEM Ipod interface. The OEM Ipod interface allows you to control the Ipod thru the headunit as if it were a changer. I can offer you a direct audio input plus charging for you Ipod. You would have to control the Ipod manually, but it is 1/2 the price of the OEM solution. The M-Link 1 will cost you $89 and includes free DHL ground shipping. Let me know.