North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Navigation and Audio (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio-431/)
-   -   Navigation & Audio Update to North America 2019-2 EVO Maps Today (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio/340472-update-to-north-america-2019-2-evo-maps-today.html)

khine13 07-07-2019 09:11 PM

Update to North America 2019-2 EVO Maps Today

This does not work. Car still requires new VIN married FSC code.

Mods Please Delete Thread.

xentar 07-11-2019 07:01 AM

Hi,

I think it depends on the user's head unit. I was told that for EVO maps, the HU should have at least 3 free updates before asking for FSC code. My dealership might have removed it from our HU so we will go to them for updates. :confused:

Walt 09-19-2019 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by xentar (Post 4481877)
I think it depends on the user's head unit. I was told that for EVO maps, the HU should have at least 3 free updates before asking for FSC code. My dealership might have removed it from our HU so we will go to them for updates. :confused:

I asked my MINI Service Writer about this, and he appeared to be honestly checking for me, but the answer he eventually came back with was no. There are no free updates for EVO maps.

I find this all interesting because in the BMW world, the keyword "Professional" in the name of a Nav system, I believe indicates free map updates.

6FT6 09-26-2019 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by khine13 (Post 4481141)
This does not work. Car still requires new VIN married FSC code.

Mods Please Delete Thread.

UPDATE - - - Please standby...it appears even EVO maps require an FSC code. Which I cannot supply for you. I am doing some research on this and will update the thread soon. Hopefully we can make this work for you all!
If anyone can shed some light on this, please do!

I have the North America Evo 2019-2 Map data available for anyone who wants it.

How to check you current Navigation version (Year and Version)
-Open Navigation
-Press Option on the iDrive Controller
-Scroll down to Navigation Version
-You will see EVO, NEXT, or Premium near the Map Year

If you have EVO send me a PM if you would like the link to the 28gb Zip File. 23gb RAR File. I can convert to a ZIP if you need.

How to Update Car
-Use 32gb or larger flash drive
-Format in exFAT (quick format is okay)
-Copy data INSIDE zip file to root of the Flash Drive
-Plug into car while ignition is on
- Car will alert for a Map Update, hit confirm
- It will take a while to complete the process. I recommend initiating the process and walking away, coming back every 10 minutes to make sure the car is still on and updating.

You can do this process with the car running, driving, or ignition on. If you turn the car off, the process pauses and will resume when it is back on.

I just updated my 16 F55 MCS and the new maps are great!

Questions or interest, let me know!

Do you still have the map files? Would love to get a link.

rolypoly920 03-01-2020 08:32 PM

Can you send me the link for the EVO map for North America? Thanks.

mandomedic122 04-10-2020 05:27 PM

Can I get the link to the North America EVO 2020 map?

Thanks

Osiel Rodriguez 09-15-2020 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by 6FT6 (Post 4495727)
Do you still have the map files? Would love to get a link.

hey did get the maps ? I really need to update mine

qle 11-14-2020 12:01 PM

Please send me the North America Evo 2019-2 map data. If you have the North America Evo 2020-1 and 2020-2 would be excellent! Many thanks in advance!