Navigation & Audio Current AVRCP version

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 06:14 PM
Fahfoofnik
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Current AVRCP version

I'm wondering if anyone here might know what version AVRCP a current MINI 3rd Gen/F56 might be running? This is for the non-touch, 6.5" infotainment screen without MINI Connected and (obviously) without CarPlay.

I am assuming the '19 MCS that I've had for 2 weeks has the latest software update from the manufacturer…

Am asking as the upcoming version of iOS--iOS 13--will support album art over Bluetooth. While Apple lists this capability under their "What's New: CarPlay" section, I'm secretly hoping that the album art will come through over a regular Bluetooth audio connection.

Bluetooth album art

iOS supports the AVRCP 1.6 standard, which includes album art when connected to a supported car kit or speaker.
Quote from here.

I do not have BimmerCode or any other way to know the answer to this--a rather thorough web search & here came up empty.

Thank you -- if anyone knows what version

Old 07-31-2019, 08:00 PM
Fahfoofnik
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I've read that there are mixed results with the iOS 13 betas out there; some BMW owners with iDrive say album art over Bluetooth works now -- while others say it wasn't working in iDrive until the betas for them.

Other car manufacturer owners also have mixed results, either album art has never worked over Bluetooth or it started working now with the iOS 13 betas. Since I still can't dig up anywhere what AVRCP is included in MINI's software I'll have to wait until iOS 13 reaches the public. I'm not keen on putting an iOS 13 beta on my iPhone, I've heard about a lot of problems with the betas this year.