North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Navigation and Audio (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio-431/)
-   -   Navigation & Audio Satellite Radio Activated (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio/339063-satellite-radio-activated.html)

Moondog1957 05-19-2019 01:02 PM

Satellite Radio Activated

I appreciate the info on the board about BimmerTech doing the coding for the XM Radio. I had it done yesterday on my 2019 F57. It only took about 15 minutes. Worked like a charm. I have the one year “free” XM for the cost. I am also not sure why Mini doesn’t just code it...I know, money. But.....

TVPostSound 05-24-2019 01:25 PM

After 1 year, I cancelled.

T-Mobile cells in LA wreak havoc on SirusXM reception.

CosmicBlue15 09-01-2019 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Moondog1957 (Post 4470597)
I appreciate the info on the board about BimmerTech doing the coding for the XM Radio. I had it done yesterday on my 2019 F57. It only took about 15 minutes. Worked like a charm. I have the one year “free” XM for the cost. I am also not sure why Mini doesn’t just code it...I know, money. But.....

So as a new owner of this 2016 I have to buy a new code or even a code to get this to work? Not going to happen.

Walt 09-02-2019 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by CosmicBlue15 (Post 4491192)
So as a new owner of this 2016 I have to buy a new code or even a code to get this to work? Not going to happen.

I just bought a 2016, that had a working Sirius/XM radio by way of it was ordered from the factory as an option on the vehicle. I don't need to buy the radio again (by way of a hardware activation code from MINI). Since I am a new owner of the 2016, Sirius/XM gave me a free 3 month subscription. If this is your case, contact Sirius/XM, tell them you just bought the 2016, and you would like their 3 month trail subscription.

CosmicBlue15 09-02-2019 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Walt (Post 4491365)
I just bought a 2016, that had a working Sirius/XM radio by way of it was ordered from the factory as an option on the vehicle. I don't need to buy the radio again (by way of a hardware activation code from MINI). Since I am a new owner of the 2016, Sirius/XM gave me a free 3 month subscription. If this is your case, contact Sirius/XM, tell them you just bought the 2016, and you would like their 3 month trail subscription.

Mine is about the opposite of yours. I had a Sirius/XM account when I traded for the car. They transferred that account to the 2016 Mini. But even after a refresh signal was sent and I moved the car away from the house (no trees where I live), XM radio was not listed as an option under the 'Radio' in the center console. They told me my car had a 1 year free trial and adjusted my account accordingly. I do have the original paperwork so I know the Mini Dealer it was shipped to. I'll call them tomorrow and the dealer I bought it from to see if I can get it fixed through them.

Although I do not see Sirius/XM radio listed as an option on the window sticker under Interior Technology. For the radio it say "Audio system with AM/FM HD radio, 6 speakers, and auxiliary input."

Walt 09-02-2019 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by CosmicBlue15 (Post 4491386)
Although I do not see Sirius/XM radio listed as an option on the window sticker under Interior Technology. For the radio it say "Audio system with AM/FM HD radio, 6 speakers, and auxiliary input."

If you had the Sirius/XM option from the factory, you should see something like Satellite Tuner.

Another possibility is that you have the hardware, but you have to pay MINI to activate that hardware (this has nothing to do with paying Sirius/XM for a subscription). If that is the case, you should see something like Preparation Satellite Radio.

The third possibility is neither of the above, and your MINI has no capabilities.

CosmicBlue15 09-02-2019 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Walt (Post 4491400)
If you had the Sirius/XM option from the factory, you should see something like Satellite Tuner.

Another possibility is that you have the hardware, but you have to pay MINI to activate that hardware (this has nothing to do with paying Sirius/XM for a subscription). If that is the case, you should see something like Preparation Satellite Radio.

The third possibility is neither of the above, and your MINI has no capabilities.

It has neither of those listed. So problem solved ... thank you for your information.

jbluesky 09-14-2019 10:44 AM

Thanks to everyone on this thread! I recently bought out my lease on a 2016 R60 and did the bimmer.work vin decorder that was suggested on the forum, saw that I do have the satellite radio option, and did the Bimmertech remote coding session so I am up and running with Sirius. Also Sirius gave me the one year free instead of 3 months since it's been my car the whole time, just a lease for the 1st three years instead of a loan. If anyone else is thinking of doing it, it was a little pricey but also super easy and now I have the DCAN cable in case I need something else coded later.....now onto back-up camera install!