Navigation & Audio Navigation: alerts and real-time traffic info: NOT WORKING

Old 01-16-2019, 02:51 PM
srb7
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation: alerts and real-time traffic info: NOT WORKING

Fellow motor-ers: I'm still sorting out the details on my most recent MINI addition, 2019 JCW. As with prior MINI's, i have the Nav system, but it does not seem to be working fully. On a recent trip (my first outside my home city) I didn't get any alerts a la "Attention, a traffic disruption is on your route"
I have the Nav settings so that i am supposed to be offered alerts.
I have also checked the box for "real-time traffic info", but that doesn't seem to be working, as there is a message to "please activate Traffic Info to enable Real-time alerts".

I don't really want to spend time becoming a tech expert on what is essentially now a rolling computer.
I cannot find answers in the Owners Manual (not even the online interactive version), and my MA suggested "why don't you bring it in to the service center", which is 45 mins away. I"m not keen to have to visit the service center every time i have a computer issue, so i'm asking this group:

1) are the alert notifications SEPARATE or part of the real time traffic info
2) anyone know how to "activate the real time traffic info"

FWIW, my MA on this purchase was a differe,t dealership than my other minis, and he seemed like a real newbie and not particulary helpful....didn't really set me up on the day I purchased, even though i spent like 6 hours there that day.

thanks for any help, all!
Happy motoring (hopefully while avoiding traffic!)

srb

Old 01-16-2019, 07:48 PM
Daki
Neutral
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Does your Apple CarPlay work, assuming you have an iPhone?
I also have a 2019 JCW convertible with (F57) with a very similar issue. This is my first MINI, but I discovered the day after I purchased that CarPlay was not showing up. After a bit of frustration trying to get it resolved over the phone during the holidays, I ended up taking it in to the dealership last week. (Ya mine is about 40 minutes away as well). The service dept sorted out some of the missing functionality but the car still does not recognize Apple CarPlay nor can it retrieve traffic info. I was told that they encountered a similar issue with a Clubman, but getting bmw to reset the ESA reset fixed it. My car is a bit more stubborn :(, so I’m still in a loaner car. No answers from me, but taking it in is the best step. I had to bring it in to show exactly what was not working ( Hope. Good luck to you. Hope yours is simpler than mine.