Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Unusual behavior from aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 07:46 AM
digidoc1010
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unusual behavior from aftermarket stereo

I just installed an aftermarket stereo (Pioneer FH-730BS) into my 2009 JCW Clubman with the HiFi 10 speaker system (Not HK). The problem I have encountered is that sound is only coming out of the left speakers.

So far I have tried the following:
Connect Right Speaker output from the head unit to the Left Speakers and it works so I know the head unit is putting out audio on both sides.

Reconnected Factory head unit and confirmed that sounds comes out on both sides, so it is not the speaker wiring or the amp.

Reset the aftermarket head unit and problem persists.

It feels like there is a problem with the way the aftermarket head unit is communicating with the amp but I am stumped at this point.

If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.

Many thanks!
Dan

Old 10-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Does the head unit have built in amps? If so why connect to existing amp in car? Maybe an issue with the level of input into the amp or the compatibility of the wiring. If indeed the Pioneer is amped, can you output only as a pre-amp signal?

The following users liked this post:
digidoc1010 (10-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 01:03 PM
digidoc1010
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I read your response I did a head smack :-) I can’t find a way to disable the internal amp so I’m just going to run straight to the speakers. Thank you sir!