Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Swapped out stock radio 2010 Cooper S, parking indicator never shuts off

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Steve Powell
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swapped out stock radio 2010 Cooper S, parking indicator never shuts off

Replaced the stock round speedometer and radio with an aftermarket Seicane digital radio, nav/gps, backup camera. Everything works great...

But car never goes into full hibernation. The parking indicator light stays on indefinitely, even though everything else is powered down.

Rather than pulling apart the dash to disconnect the new radio and see if the car would go to sleep (after doors closed, locked, etc), I tried to find a fuse to pull that controlled the radio-- no luck. I actually removed them one by one, until all fuses were pulled, and the radio still had power... so no luck there for an easy test.

I'm almost to the point where I'm ready to take apart the dash to perform this test... am I missing something?

The battery eventually dies, and I have to jump it, so I can't continue without a solution. I'm open to any suggestions...

Old 07-17-2017, 06:11 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
2010 radio in a Gen1 or is your car a 2010? If yes, I will move you to the Gen2 area.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Steve Powell
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is 2010, radio is aftermarket 2017

Old 07-17-2017, 07:17 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Ok, I will move you to the correct section.