Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Do I not have BT audio?

Old 07-20-2017, 07:18 PM
the_dude_abides
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do I not have BT audio?

Subject vehicle: 2013 Clubman S w/ S6NDA (Hands-free BT) and US HD Radio

I have successfully paired my iPhone 7 but I do not see an option for BT audio under Mode. I'm starting to think this car doesn't have BT audio capability...

I went ahead and bought the lightning Y adapter from shopminiusa (http://www.shopminiusa.com/PRODUCT/1...CENTERID=10731) because right now it's telling me my cable is incompatible (oh the times we live in). Hopefully I can at least get that working...

If you need more details the vin is WMWZG3C58DTY32523

Thanks for your help!

Old 07-21-2017, 04:08 PM
crucian007
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it's the basic radio setup (LARGE SPEEDOMETER and Orange lettering on radio) then you don't have BT audio compatibility. You can speak via phone via BT, but nope ...no BT audio

The following users liked this post:
the_dude_abides (07-21-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 04:30 PM
the_dude_abides
1st Gear
Originally Posted by crucian007
If it's the basic radio setup (LARGE SPEEDOMETER and Orange lettering on radio) then you don't have BT audio compatibility. You can speak via phone via BT, but nope ...no BT audio
I shelled out the $100 for the Y-connector to lightning, works very well but it's too damn short. Another $10 on amazon for an extension cable...

edit: it works OK, not very well... sometimes it doesn't show the song name on the display, sometimes it says "Track not found", sometimes I get pops and crackles... uhg. Will prolly need to go full aftermarket audio to get real with sounds in this car.

Last edited by the_dude_abides; 07-24-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:58 AM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Yeah doesn't look like you have BT audio from the factory. In my last mini I bought one of those BT to aux devices that plugs into your Aux jack. You connect to this device via BT and stream audio via aux. ~20 bucks or so and easy to operate.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:23 AM
the_dude_abides
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 3lusive
Yeah doesn't look like you have BT audio from the factory. In my last mini I bought one of those BT to aux devices that plugs into your Aux jack. You connect to this device via BT and stream audio via aux. ~20 bucks or so and easy to operate.
Had considered that but no steering wheel controls is a deal breaker. :/

Search this Thread