Navigation & Audio Free Integral Audio® Soundstage™: Need NYC-area F54, F55, & F57

Old 11-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Free Integral Audio® Soundstage™: Need NYC-area F54, F55, & F57

UPDATE 11/28/2016: We still need an F54 and an F57. I still need ANY model with the standard 6-speaker audio system.

It's finally happening. We're developing our Soundstage™+Phantom™ Subwoofer for the F5x. We've got an F56 development vehicle coming into our Brooklyn R&D lab in just under two weeks.

We need an F54, F55, and F57 to complete development for those. If you live in the NYC metro area and have one of those vehicles, PM me. What's in it for you? A free Soundstage™! What's expected of you? We'll need your vehicle at our Brooklyn R&D lab for a couple days for 1-2 visits. We have a loaner available if you need it. Plus you get a behind the scenes look at some really cool development stuff!

PM me for details if you are interested.

Last edited by Kevin@Integral Audio; 12-02-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:45 AM
SpartanVet
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excited to say that my F56 is "Car #1" for Integral Audio's Soundstage system. I picked up my car yesterday after the first measurements were taken by Kevin and am completely impressed with how meticulous and passionate he is about his work! My car was returned to me in excellent condition and actually cleaner than how I dropped it off! If anyone has any questions for me concerning the experience feel free to contact me.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks for the kind words! It's true, Carlos' F56 is car #1. A couple photos of the car in process below. I have F56 and F55 vehicles, but I still need an F54 and an F57.

If you live in the metro NYC area and have an F54 or F57 please reach out to me. You will kick yourself if you pass up a free Soundstage™.

Smile MINI:
-lce02tx.jpg

In the middle of some acoustic measurements (the doors would be closed...):
-nbizcn5.jpg

Some 3D scanning taking place. The shapes are so the scanner can track location in space. 3D scanners don't like non-smooth, non-reflective, flat surfaces....so black carpet is about the hardest thing to scan:
-bkhfqev.jpg

More scanning and measurement...sometimes you just gotta take things apart and get in there
-d6yetje.jpg

Old 12-02-2016, 02:53 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
How about an R60?

Old 12-23-2016, 05:39 PM
ToThePublic
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just picked up my F55 from Kevin today at his lab in Brooklyn. Kevin is an absolute pleasure to work with. From scheduling my car for development, providing a loaner while my car was there and returning my car in better shape than I dropped it to him, the process has been seamless thus far. A quick tour of the lab made very evident Kevin's passion for his work and the painstaking detail he processes to tailor his product. A short "preview" session in one of the project cars left me stunned at the sound quality he achieves. Happy to share more if anyone has any questions and I'm looking forward to the final product.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:01 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I've always wanted to hear that setup. You're lucky dudes!

Old 02-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Eta final product and what is it likely to include?

Old 06-27-2018, 12:17 PM
haibane
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this company still around? Also, it seems there are a lot of odd variants of speaker systems. I have two door speakers and two floor speakers.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:32 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by haibane
Is this company still around? Also, it seems there are a lot of odd variants of speaker systems. I have two door speakers and two floor speakers.
Still around, but the MINI F56 System is on the back burner behind some BMW work. I suspect BMW has a higher proportion of owners with disposable income.

Contact them via their site, let them know the demand for buying is there!

Old 07-02-2018, 08:24 AM
white3
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the system in my R56 and it is amazing. I contacted Kevin last year with a question about the system and he was super helpful as always. He also said that at that time there wasnt enough interest in the FXX to pursue the high cost of development. Maybe with more people reaching out, it would be worth his time to finish development.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:57 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
I haven't seen any real activity on them from the BMW forums when I last checked.

I gave up on him and his promised development and upgraded with speakers and amp. If I was to do it again I'd replace amp first and see if that was enough. Then change out speakers next if needed.

I heard his system in an R56 and it was good, but not really much better than other systems I've heard. A lot of hype involved in the audio business as it is very dependent on end user preferences and hearing ability.

Search this Thread