North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Navigation and Audio (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio-431/)
-   -   Navigation & Audio iOS 9.1 - music problems (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio/295520-ios-9-1-music-problems.html)

sr_maggie 11-09-2015 04:52 PM

iOS 9.1 - music problems

Anyone else having issues connecting Bluetooth or advancing songs with steering wheel (connected USB)?

Specifically, here are the problems and what I've tried.

1. I've "forgotten the device" and re-paired the BT again. Connects fine or so it says, but when I select my phone in the media menu, won't show me songs. Instead, It sits at "Please wait..." Indefinitely.

2. When I plug the phone in via USB, it won't play the songs until I press play in the music app on my phone. But at least I can get to my music!

3. When trying to advance songs, changing songs is not possible through the steering wheel. It will show the songs, and it will show that I've "selected" it, but the song does not change. Note: songs can be changed with the buttons to the right of the volume knob on the center stack.

I am thinking this may have been caused by the recent update to iOS 9.1. Is anyone else having these problems and did you find a way to fix them?

Stephanie

mct 11-09-2015 06:27 PM

Have you tried not using the USB and seeing if BT audio works that way?

I know sometimes on my iPhone 6S using BT audio, I sometimes have to switch from radio and back to multimedia for music to start playing from my phone.

sr_maggie 11-09-2015 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by mct (Post 4142917)
Have you tried not using the USB and seeing if BT audio works that way?

I know sometimes on my iPhone 6S using BT audio, I sometimes have to switch from radio and back to multimedia for music to start playing from my phone.

I tried the BT both ways -- no luck. I connected my work phone (iPhone 5S, previous iOS) and it initially worked as well as my iPhone 6 before I upgraded iOS. After playing it for a little while and switching around menus in my car, it was not displaying track information, but at least it would play the music.

I may have to putz around more tomorrow, but it's slightly frustrating when it had been working so perfectly before. Mini is one month old tomorrow.

MES11 11-11-2015 12:50 PM

IOS 9.1 killed it. Mine is doing some of the same things. Most likely will have to wait until MINI come out with another software update.

12AMF56 11-11-2015 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by sr_maggie (Post 4142879)
Anyone else having issues connecting Bluetooth or advancing songs with steering wheel (connected USB)?

Specifically, here are the problems and what I've tried.

1. I've "forgotten the device" and re-paired the BT again. Connects fine or so it says, but when I select my phone in the media menu, won't show me songs. Instead, It sits at "Please wait..." Indefinitely.

2. When I plug the phone in via USB, it won't play the songs until I press play in the music app on my phone. But at least I can get to my music!

3. When trying to advance songs, changing songs is not possible through the steering wheel. It will show the songs, and it will show that I've "selected" it, but the song does not change. Note: songs can be changed with the buttons to the right of the volume knob on the center stack.

I am thinking this may have been caused by the recent update to iOS 9.1. Is anyone else having these problems and did you find a way to fix them?

Stephanie

I had this EXACT problem pop up on me randomly the other day, even though I had been running 9.1 for a while without any issues. Rebooting my phone took care of it, and I haven't had the issue again. I'm sure that you have probably already tried that, but figure I'd put it out there anyway.

sr_maggie 11-11-2015 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 12AMF56 (Post 4143653)
I had this EXACT problem pop up on me randomly the other day, even though I had been running 9.1 for a while without any issues. Rebooting my phone took care of it, and I haven't had the issue again. I'm sure that you have probably already tried that, but figure I'd put it out there anyway.

Yup, rebooted the phone. Didn't seem to work immediately. After having done nothing in between, it somehow worked fine on my way home from work this evening where it didn't this morning. I'm wondering if it'll be OK now..... time will tell, I suppose. I just really love it when my music automatically plays right where it left off.

sr_maggie 11-17-2015 06:57 PM

No problems the last several days. Perhaps just a glitch in the matrix.

MES11 11-18-2015 10:05 AM

Repairing my phone seems to have fixed the controls for me.

ad78 12-03-2015 05:25 PM

Just simply restart your phone if the track won't changed..

If no sound detected just toggle to aux then go back to your phone

hammerhands 12-19-2015 04:41 AM

I'm having trouble with my iPod Touch and iOS 9.2 plugged in USB, it's acting like a broken cable or a loose connection. I've replaced the cable.

The symptoms are, the center display flashes yellow, sometimes it connects, but mostly it does not. It either plays about a second of music, disconnects, then reconnects or never gets that far.

I'm going to try turning bluetooth off today. I don't have bluetooth audio in my car, but it still connects like it is a phone.

Let me do that right now...

Oh, nevermind...

It was two flakey cables.