Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio HK Amp wiring diagram needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 08:19 AM
BazV
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HK Amp wiring diagram needed

Has anyone got a link to a wiring diagram for a 2012 Cooper Clubman with the HK amp set up please?

I have a Audison Bit One and need to connect the cables to the Bit One but unsure which cables are which.

Thanks in advance

Old 06-08-2014, 12:15 PM
BazV
2nd Gear
An update, if anyone else is thinking about upgrading their HK setup.

After a couple of hours of digging further into this and also cutting wires in my car, ive got the cables sorted out, however with a little confusing help and conflicting information online from the Integral Audio installation pdf and moddedlife.com wiring diagram. The links are below.

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2012-min...-instructions/

http://www.integralaudio.com/install...-R55_v0414.pdf

As I need a high level signal, this has to come from the HK amp output so Ive discovered the following:

The front speakers (Woofer, mid and tweeter) are connected almost separately, the Mid and Tweeter are connected together using one feed from the HK amp, and then another feed from the amp going to the Woofers in each door, so 4 cables (2 into each door) going to the front door speakers. Now looking at the Integral Audio pdf, it only shows to take the feed from the mid and tweeters and not the woofer feed, so this confused me to their setup, does it not use the full frequency?

The cables in my car is as follows:

Left Mid/Tweet - blue/brown stripe & blue/black stripe
Left Woofer - Yellow/brown stripe & Yellow/black stripe

Right Mid/Tweet - blue/white stripe & blue/brown stripe
Right Woofer - Black/purple stripe & black/red stripe

Hopefully someone from Integral will answer this question.. Is there a reason you dont show to use the woofer feed into your amp when using the Soundstage setup?

Old 06-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by BazV
...however with a little confusing help and conflicting information online from the Integral Audio installation pdf and moddedlife.com wiring diagram....
I see the confusion. Ours is right, whatever that other thing is is wrong

As I need a high level signal, this has to come from the HK amp output so Ive discovered the following:
You don't want to take that high-level signal - it is HIGHLY eq'd. Look at the freq response graph I've listed in the MINI Audio Basics sticky thread in this forum. Use the output from the HU, it is more than enough voltage.

Now looking at the Integral Audio pdf, it only shows to take the feed from the mid and tweeters and not the woofer feed, so this confused me to their setup, does it not use the full frequency?

Hopefully someone from Integral will answer this question.. Is there a reason you dont show to use the woofer feed into your amp when using the Soundstage setup?
That's not what we use. We use the flat full range signal from the head unit. What you were looking at is the small manual connection (HiFi/HK vehicles only) back into the factory wiring loom. This is specific to the HiFi/HK vehicles, and may go away eventually - we are tooling up the connector needed to make this connection plug-n-play as part of our development on the F30 3-series.

Last edited by Kevin@Integral Audio; 06-12-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:07 AM
BazV
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Integral Audio
I see the confusion. Ours is right, whatever that other thing is is wrong

You don't want to take that high-level signal - it is HIGHLY eq'd. Look at the freq response graph I've listed in the MINI Audio Basics sticky thread in this forum. Use the output from the HU, it is more than enough voltage.

That's not what we use. We use the flat full range signal from the head unit. What you were looking at is the small manual connection (HiFi/HK vehicles only) back into the factory wiring loom. This is specific to the HiFi/HK vehicles, and will actually go away eventually - we are tooling up the connector needed to make this connection plug-n-play.
Thanks for replying

Yes your diagram was more accurate, however your left is my right and your right is my left.

Ok, so the Blue leads with the white/brown/black stripes is what I only use? Are those the leads coming from the head unit? Mine IS the HK equipped model.

I was under the impression the head unit is optically connected to the HK amp, am I wrong?

Old 06-11-2014, 02:24 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
I was under the impression the head unit is optically connected to the HK amp, am I wrong?
The head unit and HK amp are both connected to the MOST optical bus, but they only use it for control signals (not digital audio stream). The HK amp's audio input is the analog speaker level output from the head unit.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:42 PM
BazV
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rkw
The head unit and HK amp are both connected to the MOST optical bus, but they only use it for control signals (not digital audio stream). The HK amp's audio input is the analog speaker level output from the head unit.
Ahhh that makes sense, thanks.

Would you happen to know the colours of the speaker cables from the head unit? Is it the blue cables with the brown/black stripes?

Old 07-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Jarred85
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh that makes sense, thanks.

Would you happen to know the colours of the speaker cables from the head unit? Is it the blue cables with the brown/black stripes?
Is there any update to this convo? I'm battling with my HK wiring as well. Where did you take the remote wire from?