North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Navigation & Audio (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio-14/)
-   -   Navigation & Audio Woah - New Head Unit? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio/20986-woah-new-head-unit.html)

Ryephile 01-21-2004 08:26 PM

I had my dealership change out my constantly-CD-skipping headunit from my 10/03 build MCS, only to get back a head unti that has a handful MORE features on it! New stuff, like "PTY" which shows the RDS program type (which was on the old unit, but didn't work), "TP" which I have NO idea what it does, but it has something to do with the volume, "INF" allows you to turn on or off the "news" and "traffic" options, and the "RDS" button also allows you to turn on or off the "Reg", which is regional station switcher. What's odd, is the "INF" option is still illuminated even when I am playing a CD - as if news or traffic info will interrupt at any time (though I haven't experienced any "news" or "traffic" data yet, it seems. Another interesting tidbit - I can tune the radio to "even" channels, like 96.6, 99.2, and the like ending with an even number, not just odd like all the stations in the States!

Anyone else have what seems to be a very new programming in their radio? BTW, I have the H/K. Also, if anyone has the manual for this - I'd like to see it, since my dealership did not include one.

Cheers,
Ryan

minifletch 01-21-2004 09:05 PM

Ry what is the sound quality like, did the skipping go away? I too have a skipper headed for the dealer next week.

MINIangelD 01-21-2004 09:33 PM

I also have the HK. I have an owner's manual for "Radio Boost CD" and it has a one-page section on the extra HK features. The manual is about 40 pages long.

If you are unable to get a manual or a copy thereof from somewhere in your area, them PM me (or e-mail me if you have access to that info as a moderator) and we can arrange something.

MINIangelD

Ryephile 01-21-2004 09:50 PM

--->minifletch: I'm reserving my feedback until the unit has broken-in. I like to give most stuff at least 24 hours of burn-in prior to "the judgement".

--->MINIangelD: I have the Boost CD manual (from 10/03), but it does not describe some of the new functions I'm finding with this new unit. Is your manual newer?

minifletch 01-23-2004 05:58 PM

I am having mine replaced next friday at North Bay Mini. Hopefully it will be the new deck. Ryan does your deck play MP3's?
I also believe in the burn in process, I have still not cranked the cd player up yet (probably close to broken in now, the speakers will be at least).

Samtrak 01-23-2004 06:02 PM

mine skipps all over the place too....

it ruins the darn cds dontcha know!

think ill have to make a run to the new dealership....
they built one just for me in calabasas, ca :smile:

GBMINI 01-23-2004 06:17 PM

Ryephile,
Sounds like your head unit is in Europe mode ... check the AM frequency step; it will perhaps be 9KHz instead of 10KHz (which you might find annoying if you listen to US AM stations).

RDS is much bigger in Europe than here ... so most functions won't do anything useful in this country!

BTW: you can switch your HU back to USA in service mode, if you desire ...

Ryephile 01-23-2004 06:26 PM

--->iancull - how do I switch it to USA mode?

also - seems this head unit skips a bit too - though now it's over big bumps instead of randomly. I hope it's the sub-zero temps wreaking havoc on the transport suspension.