North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Navigation & Audio (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio-14/)
-   -   Navigation & Audio AUX Jack. (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio/20891-aux-jack.html)

Foahr 01-19-2004 06:07 PM

Where can I buy the the AUX jack for the mini. I have been looking and I cant seem to find someone who sells it. Thanks for any help you can give.

coopscoop 01-19-2004 06:25 PM

>>Where can I buy the the AUX jack for the mini. I have been looking and I cant seem to find someone who sells it. Thanks for any help you can give.

classicautocampus.com -- ask for brian.

d2mini 01-20-2004 09:00 AM

yeah, brian hooked me up right before christmas when everyone was out of stock!!! :smile:

Storer 01-20-2004 12:18 PM

Where does the aux jack mount? Thx
-Chris

julianvh 01-20-2004 12:41 PM

What is the cost????

Storer 01-21-2004 09:51 AM

$40 from miniusa, I believe

mbabischkin 01-21-2004 10:14 AM

Where does the aux jack mount? Thx
If you have your dealer put it in, it will be placed in the glove box. Do it yourself and you can put it anywhere you want it comes with a nice long cord.

You should be able to get the kit from your dealer for around $35

Storer 01-21-2004 10:30 AM

Nice, thanks a lot.
-C

UpNorthMini 02-02-2004 05:54 AM

I bought one from my dealer this weekend for 39.00USD. Put it in... took about a half hour. Very easy.....don't spend alot for the dealer to do it!!!

zfxr 02-02-2004 05:59 AM

Classic Mini, $39.00- 20% discount :smile: I did the MINI2 install version-
in the center console, just under the switches. Clean, out of the way,
yet accessible. Or, if you get a Euro-shelf, some people put it on the
side of the shelf so you can plug in your MP3 player easily...

clevy 02-02-2004 07:33 PM

Does the aux jack accept the iPod?

ChiliCooperMark 02-03-2004 06:15 AM

>>Does the aux jack accept the iPod?

Yes it does...all you need is a simple cable you can buy at Radio Shack that has a male stereo mini plug at each end. One end plugs into the headphone output on the iPod and the other into the MINI Aux jack.

mbabischkin 02-03-2004 04:32 PM

However you can only control the volume when you connect your ipod through the Aux Jack. Look into the Dennison IceLINK to use your MFSW to control your ipod...

KerMini 02-04-2004 07:35 AM

>>However you can only control the volume when you connect your ipod through the Aux Jack. Look into the Dennison IceLINK to use your MFSW to control your ipod...

....or go with the (crude) aux hook up and wait until this summer when Alpine brings out the head units that work with iPods and display all info from the iPod on the head unit's display!
:wink:

minimotorin 02-04-2004 07:46 AM

Got mine from Classic Auto Campus along with the parcel shelf and both were very easy mods and both work great!

IanF 02-05-2004 06:45 AM

>>Got mine from Classic Auto Campus along with the parcel shelf and both were very easy mods and both work great!

This is what we did as well. Works great! To keep the cord neat and clean, I took an auto-retracting telephone cord and installed 1/8" plugs on each end. Works well. I emailed the company in hopes they would offer a factory-made product. We shall see... :smile:

Aqualung 02-09-2004 08:57 AM

>>>>Does the aux jack accept the iPod?
>>
>>Yes it does...all you need is a simple cable you can buy at Radio Shack that has a male stereo mini plug at each end. One end plugs into the headphone output on the iPod and the other into the MINI Aux jack.

Strongly recommend the Belkin car adapter, as it has a powered line out (better fidelity than the iPod headphone output). It also has a variable output, which for me helps as I have a lot of "live" recordings on my iPod, I can crank up the ouput (sans distortion) and then turn it down for commercial (higher quality) recordings.

Here's a link http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=149006 but I recommend purchasing somewhere else. If you're in the US, PCConnection.com has pretty good prices.