Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio BB Storm anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 01:18 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
BB Storm anyone?

Verizon released it a couple weeks ago. Anyone have BT working on it? I'm considering getting one.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Browser_23
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been seeing nothing but bad reviews on the Storm. Touchscreen issues being the most prevalent. you may want to do some research on reviews before getting one.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:24 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Verizon released it a couple weeks ago. Anyone have BT working on it? I'm considering getting one.
Yep, a few people have posted that it works, and is in the list

Old 12-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Newt,

Take a look at David Pogue's review in the NY Times. I've read Pogue's reviews for decades and I think he is a good reviewer. Seems that a lot of his readers agree with him about the Storm.

Apple seems to have done a better interface job with the iPhone. I had to get one to test and support a database a friend and I are doing for it, and I really like my iPhone 3G.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:00 PM
OWG
5th Gear
Newt,
I am a BB Storm user who likes the phone. Personally I think that Pogue did a crude hatchet job in his review. The touch screen works for me and I have big round fingers. That said, it took a little time to get use to it.

Re: Bluetooth. It works and works well.

IF you are a current Verizon Wireless customer and IF you are close to your New-every-two, Id say go get one and if it doesn't work for you swap it out within the 30 day trial period.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by OWG
Newt,
I am a BB Storm user who likes the phone. Personally I think that Pogue did a crude hatchet job in his review. The touch screen works for me and I have big round fingers. That said, it took a little time to get use to it.

Re: Bluetooth. It works and works well.

IF you are a current Verizon Wireless customer and IF you are close to your New-every-two, Id say go get one and if it doesn't work for you swap it out within the 30 day trial period.
I participate on Blackberryforums a lot, so I'm up on the phone itself. Pogue's review was a hatchet job, he's an Apple fanboy, and I don't believe the reviews from the usual tech site suspects, i get my info from owners who've used it for at least a couple weeks, and updated their Blackberry to compare it to. The Storm reviews are very good since they updated the OS a week ago. many prefer it to the iPhone (ATT sucks where I live anyway). Typing is easier, I have no problem with that on a demo even. Browser I'm not so sure about is what's holding me up (iPhone browser is excellent). I'll keep looking into it, I was just making sure it would interface with the Mini's BT setup. thanks