Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Lifetime SIRIUS

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
CC
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, mine does not show the "Upcoming Subscription" either. I'll keep checking. Thanks STLMINI, at least that's some encouragement. I was concerned that the problem may have been wedged between a moron and an idiot.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:58 PM
OrionLTD
3rd Gear
Mine was activated by my MA. She says that this was the first time it showed up as lifetime. Sirius account shows lifetime prepaid subscriber.

Pick up date - 11/3

Old 11-20-2007, 06:41 AM
CC
3rd Gear
Mine just got fixed!

11/20/2007Prepaid Lifetime Subscriber

The account still showed 9+3 months this morning so I called Sirius again. The girl was very good indeed! When I explained the situation she went away for a few minutes and came back and said to go to the car to sync on the new signal (they had to shut down the old account). I did...and it's done.

For those still waiting, make sure your MA gets the info to the mysterious MINI corporate Sirius account handler guy and then call Sirius until you reach an astute operator and state the buzz phrases, "2007 MINI Cooper" and "I paid for a lifetime subscription but only got credit for 1 year". One or all of those things seemed to have worked.

If your MA can't get the right corporate dude let me know and I'll see if I can get the info. Good luck!

Old 11-21-2007, 06:49 AM
spetak
2nd Gear
If you have some names at Sirius (or employee number or something) - please provide them! I am still waiting..... as are many others apparently.

Steve

Old 11-30-2007, 07:11 PM
ajabbari
2nd Gear
BTW, I picked my Cooper S up last weekend and ran into the same issue when I tried to activate. I had run into this thread before delivery and brought it up with my MA as we were going through the car's features. He knew about it and said it should be resolved by now as BMW had apparently just resent them a master list of all of the VIN and ESN numbers affected by this. Apparently this was not the case.

I don't think my MA was BSing me on this one and he sounded fairly annoyed and surprised that Sirius was apparently still messing this up. From what I'm seeing it sounds like someone at Sirius is not getting the memo. My MA is following up on this... has apparently already gone to the management at the dealership, who have in turn gone to the management at MINI (who I'm guessing will in turn go to the management at Sirius).

I'm getting the feeling that this is a goof up on Sirius's side (and that it is due to their complete incompetence that it has not been resolved yet). The fact that they seem to be totally unwilling to even investigate the issue when you talk to them only reinforces this impression. Plus this is only creating more legwork for MA's and MINI after sales which translates to more cost for them, so I see no reason why they would want to prolong this ordeal.

In the end I'm sure once MINI becomes a big enough thorn in their side (by threatening some sort of action) someone at Sirius will finally get around to clearing this up. I'm only thankful that in this case I don't need to be dealing with Sirius personally regarding any issues as from what I'm seeing here it sounds like that would be one heck of a nightmare.

Oh on an additional side-note. Compared to HD Radio, CD's and my iPod adapter, the audio quality with Sirius is mediocre. Bitrate is low and compression high. I'm sure at some point there will be a Sirius HD service because there is a lot of room for improvement with the audio. Still the concept of having these nationally available options on hand is nice when there is no radio or iPod readily available or just to have something different.

Last edited by ajabbari; 11-30-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
roverlandpark
2nd Gear
I picked up my MINI with the lifetime Sirius option on 8/31 and I still don't have the Lifetime subscription. I have spoken to the dealer, MINI USA, and Sirius multiple times with no luck. Today I called the Sirius and somehow got transferred to their Dealer Support area. The associate I spoke to was very friendly and knowledgeable about the situation. She told me to check the online account manger in two weeks to see if if was updated. This is not as fast as I would like, but it's still a timeline for completion. All MINI USA would say was, "It will be rectified, and you will be notified." I sincerely hope that this gets fixed in the two weeks. It's already been three months.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roverlandpark
check the online account manger in two weeks

Some dude named Jesus should be working there by then....

Old 12-04-2007, 12:23 PM
CC
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by spetak
If you have some names at Sirius (or employee number or something) - please provide them! I am still waiting..... as are many others apparently.
I don't have any names from Sirius but I just emailed my MA to see if he could give us the magic MINI/Sirius name that might make things move a little faster.

On the Sirius side of the issue, if you get nowhere, just hang up and call again. I know there is at least one person (female) there that knows how to deal with it. I didn't get her name because I was so flabbergasted at actually getting somewhere.

I'll keep you posted...

Old 12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
CC
3rd Gear
Just heard back from my MA..."My suggestion for them would be to give their Motoring Advisor their VIN and Sirius ESN number to submit to MINI. The Motoring Advisor should know who to contact. From the last time I heard they said this was getting solved a while ago."

Sorry, not a lot of info and he wouldn't give a specific name, but I think continuous pinging is the way to go. Good luck...

Old 12-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CC
I don't have any names from Sirius but I just emailed my MA to see if he could give us the magic MINI/Sirius name that might make things move a little faster.

On the Sirius side of the issue, if you get nowhere, just hang up and call again. I know there is at least one person (female) there that knows how to deal with it. I didn't get her name because I was so flabbergasted at actually getting somewhere.

I'll keep you posted...
The person I spoke with at Sirius was also a woman but I didn't get her name either. Some body there knows about the lifetime subscription.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Arnbut
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't see this thread; been off the boards alot recently with medical issues.

I checked my subscription a couple of weeks ago (just by chance) and found that they had logged it as a one year subscription ---- with the impending Sirius/XM merger, who knows if it would be resolved later, right?

Thanks to David H. at Global Imports; quick answers and consistent follow-up. The Sirius CSR-Drone wasn't very forthcoming with positive information and it seemed like Sirius was trying to shuffle it under the rug at first.

This is a good topic for a Sticky....

Old 12-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Karthi
2nd Gear
If you ever get stuck, reference this link when you deal with SIRIUS ...

http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDe...leaseID=235441

I got into a 5 minute argument with the SIRIUS person (he wouldn't get his supervisor) when I was trying to activate the radio. He kept saying he'd only give me a 1 year subscription - after a few minutes of searching, I quoted him from that press release directly from SIRIUS. He then was willing to go to a manager and confirm and I finally got it.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:45 AM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Originally Posted by spetak
Does not work for me..... Just 9 months plus 3 PLUS it tells me my subscription is about to run out!!
LOL. Don't believe the hype. Mine said that the day they activated it. I have the same plan, only I got my Sirius installed at the dealer. Process went very well, and the SA even made sure it is tied into my already existing account I have on the lifetime subscription I have with my Starmate.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:39 AM
misslindsey
5th Gear
Grr... talked to two different people at Sirius. First one told me that the promo code associated with my radio was only for 1 year, nothing he could do - call the dealer. Second person told me that, basically, I had been conned into buying a 2007 with a 2005 radio and I needed to call the dealer. Neither one cared one way or another that was looking at a press release that said all new 2007 MINI Cooper hardtops got the lifetime, and that's what I had, and had paid $950 for it (well, $1400 for the package).
Called the dealer and MA said that it was Sirius' problem, I should call BACK with my VIN. And if that didn't work, call them back. Ugh.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:15 AM
franinpa
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Karthi
If you ever get stuck, reference this link when you deal with SIRIUS ...

http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDe...leaseID=235441
Karthi - YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!

I took my car into MINI Service yesterday, showed them the Press Release and had them call Sirius! Everything is straightened out - I have a LIFETIME subscription now.

I nominate you for "Poster of the Year."

Old 12-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Karthi's post should be a sticky!

Sirius doesn't even know there own press releases!

Old 12-22-2007, 08:28 AM
07cooper
1st Gear
I made the call to sirius to activate myself and the person at sirius confirmed it was a lifetime subscription.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:11 AM
The Meal
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 07cooper
I made the call to sirius to activate myself and the person at sirius confirmed it was a lifetime subscription.
I tried calling on 12/22 (about 500 yards after I pulled off the dealership lot!) but their computers were down. So I called on 12/23, talked to Travis, and he got me set up for the lifetime subscription in about 15 minutes. Was really a painless process (and not at all what I expected after reading the threads here on NAM). Maybe they've finally got their representatives all on the same page (either that, or I got lucky!).

~Neal

Old 12-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Wingspan
1st Gear
Hi - Quick question, I did a search but didn't find this exact answer.

We are contemplating a new '08 S replacing my BMW 330i daily driver.

If we opt for the 'regular' Sirius package at $599, then later decide to extend past the one year, what are the arrangements and cost to do that?

For example, on my current aftermarket radio in my bimmer, I have a one-year subscription that I can renew next June to lifetime for a one-time fee of $399.

Is the same option available on the OEM Sirius with the one-year package?

Thanks in advance...

Old 12-24-2007, 10:16 AM
RhinoBob
3rd Gear
My life time subscription is still not on the account. The MA said it had been addressed on BMW's end of things a while back. My call to Sirius previous to today was back in September, and the helpful rep noted that the issue had been "escalated" to corporate back then. Must be the latest buzzword. So now it's been escalated again. Lots of good information in this thread, like post #24. I find it hard to believe that some here have had this resolved easily and for others it drags on. FYI, my initial activation date is 7/27/07. I think it's time to start calling on a weekly basis until I see the correct information on my account.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:22 PM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
The MA at East Bay Mini took care of my lifetime subscription before I left. There was some computer work on the Sirius site that needed done. I created an account and in about 3 minutes was up and running.

Make sure your MA takes the reins and gets this done before you take off. If they're unsure what to do I would suggest talking to Blair at East Bay Mini. He knew EXACTLY what to do. I wouldn't be to happy sitting on a phone talking to a rep on Sirius for something that could have been taken care of at the start.

Major props to the East Bay Mini team for taking care of me and making the experience enjoyable.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:10 PM
RhinoBob
3rd Gear
Finally some satisfaction. After my latest call to Sirius yesterday, I was referred to Customer Satisfaction. Debbie seemed to understand what was going on and said she'd get on it, though I had heard those words before. A check today of the account shows "Prepaid Lifetime Subscriber." Thank you Debbie!

Old 01-09-2008, 05:15 AM
CC
3rd Gear
Is anybody else still stuck?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:01 AM
jrauch
Neutral
Still bad

My Sirius account is still fouled up (car purchasd 9/27/07). However, Sirius now seems to understand the problem and seems to be taking steps to correct it.

I was on the phone today with a Customer Service Rep who actually knew that an '07 MCS is offered with a lifetime subscription. All previous Sirius CSRs denied any knowledge of this, so I knew we were making progress. However, the CSR was looking for an "offer code" or something like that to correct in my account. His record showed that (1) dealer installed Sirius is entitled to a one-year subs., and (2) factory installed Sirius is entitled to lifetime. However, the ESN for my radio in his record somehow did not make clear that it was factory installed. He even suggested at one point that I call my dealer. I offered to fax him the Monroney label to prove it was factory-installed.

So...I was transferred to Sirius "dealer services." That CSR took complete info, including the dealer contact info, and promised to "escalate this to corporate" for correction. She promised a letter with complete, correct information, in 2-3 weeks. We'll see.....

So today's progress is (1) somebody acknowledging that my subscription is wrong, and (2) promising correction. That's a big leap forward over Sirius blaming MINI and telling me to have MINI correct the problem, and the MINI CSR telling me, "It's an engineering problem, our enginering department is working on it."

I'm remembering now why I'm not an "early adopter" .....

Old 01-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Karthi
2nd Gear
Hi all - I'm glad that the link worked out for some of you. I was at a Panera at the time working on a project for a group I volunteer with and was so ticked off I did a google search and found that. As someone who works in the Pharmaceutical Industry, press releases are like gold (especially if you company is publicly held), so I figured that that in itself should force someone at SIRIUS to fix this.

Well, like jrauch above, I have had a recent issue too with the radio. I got this email this morning:

We're disappointed that you canceled your subscription to SIRIUS. With over 130 channels to choose from, we try hard to offer you the exclusive music, sports and entertainment you deserve.

Yup, SIRIUS cancelled my subscription without me even emailing or calling! Just a few minutes ago they had called to check why and I told them that I never called or emailed to get my subscription cancelled.

A real friendly SIRIUS operator helped me out - put me on hold and found out from a manager that a system glitch cancelled different peoples accounts. I'm supposed to get restored today to a lifetime membership, but we'll see. Curious to hear if this happened to anyone else ...

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Lifetime SIRIUS