North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Nashville–Middle Tennessee MINI Club (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/nashvilleomiddle-tennessee-mini-club-304/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself Middle TN (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/nashvilleomiddle-tennessee-mini-club/155353-introduce-yourself-middle-tn.html)

smportis 10-01-2008 02:01 PM

Introduce Yourself Middle TN

Hey all,
Drop a note here and introduce yourself if you are a Nashvillian or Middle TN MINI lover!

TNMiniMama 10-01-2008 03:21 PM

Howdy Scott-
Just tried to register & was told:
Sorry, but this e-mail address has been banned.
I have a yahoo email... what gives?! Thanks- Vivi

smportis 10-01-2008 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by TNMiniMama (Post 2490937)
Howdy Scott-

Vivi, are you trying to register for the MidTNMinis.com site? Ask John what's up if that's the case - PM user id JohnMonk. I think he can help.

smp

LeahLuvsMINIs 10-01-2008 08:16 PM

Hey hey!!

Whats up, I'm Leah :)
I live in smith county, about 40 minutes east of Nashville!
I'm so excited we have our very own spot! . . uber cool :)

Drewmon 10-01-2008 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by TNMiniMama (Post 2490937)
Howdy Scott-

I also tend to the care & feeding of MdTNMINIs.com, so feel free to pester me for help anytime. You can e-mail me via the group's e-mail account (membership.midtnminis[at]gmail.com) or PM me here. Be sure to let me know what e-mail address you tried to register there.

We've suffered a rash of fake GMail registrations in the last month or two so it is often hard to discern real from the fake... Darn spammers.:mad:

Anyway - I'm Drew, aka "Drewmon". VP of Middle Tennessee MINIs and a faithful MINI fanatic. Live on the west side of NashVega$ and you'll see me driving it like I stole it between home & work in Brentwood most days of the week.

Glad we have a spot to lurk over here on NAM now, thanks for hooking it up!:thumbsup:

smportis 10-02-2008 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Drewmon (Post 2491415)
I also tend to the care & feeding of MdTNMINIs.com, so feel free to pester me for help anytime. You can e-mail me via the group's e-mail account (membership.midtnminis[at]gmail.com) or PM me here. Be sure to let me know what e-mail address you tried to register there.

We've suffered a rash of fake GMail registrations in the last month or two so it is often hard to discern real from the fake... Darn spammers.:mad:

Anyway - I'm Drew, aka "Drewmon". VP of Middle Tennessee MINIs and a faithful MINI fanatic. Live on the west side of NashVega$ and you'll see me driving it like I stole it between home & work in Brentwood most days of the week.

Glad we have a spot to lurk over here on NAM now, thanks for hooking it up!:thumbsup:

Drew,
Thanks for the info. I'm slowly learning who is who in Nashville's MINI Club.

I'll be sure Vivi PMs you her email to ensure she can register (she's the one having trouble). I've been on the MidTNMinis.com for a while.

What color is your car? Where are you exactly in Brentwood? I'm typing this from my Brentwood restaurant now.... There is also NashvilleMiniStan, do you know him? He's in the Brentwood area.

Drewmon 10-02-2008 11:04 AM

I think I've witnessed her Clubman scooting around town (not too many out there yet).

I have an '04 MCS, Jet Black w/ Cordoba Beige interior and currently running five spoke convertible rims. Also notable that it is probably the only car in Nashville sporting an IMSA sticker on the hatch (along with a Dinan tag).

I work just up the street from your Moe's location in the 'Wood. There is an office building up on the hill behind Captain D's (just across from Target). That's where I lurk and attempt to earn my keep.

I believe I met Stan at the last drive I pulled together for MidTNMINIs (could be wrong - my head is currently filled with a cold and a tad wonky) .

Do you normally work out of your Moe's in Brentwood? If so I'll be sure to pester you the next time I roll through. We grab lunch there probably once a month or so.

Wooo hoo. My 90th post in four years here on NAM... Record day.:lol:

smportis 10-02-2008 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Drewmon (Post 2492047)
Do you normally work out of your Moe's in Brentwood? If so I'll be sure to pester you the next time I roll through. We grab lunch there probably once a month or so.

Wooo hoo. My 90th post in four years here on NAM... Record day.:lol:

Not all the time, but I live at Hillsboro/Chickering intersection, so this is my closest store.

I rotate between my 4 soon to be 5 locations (Bwood, Cool Springs, Mboro, Spring Hill, and soon Belle Meade).

Yea, I saw that you were a NAM-hater. What's up with that? This place has been invaluable for me as a modder.

smp

KarissaLaurynSuggs 10-04-2008 05:00 PM

Hey There! I'm Karissa!

I'm from Sparta, TN...About 100 miles or so from Nashville!

Just wanted to drop a line to all the Minis!

TNMiniMama 10-04-2008 08:05 PM

Hi Karissa- This is great- we may actually get something together here-
Ciao- Vivi

LeahLuvsMINIs 10-04-2008 10:15 PM

:) :)
Hey Karissa!!
Today was so much fun! I hadn't driven my car like that in awhile! I have a feeling I'm going to be a speed demon this week :p
and I so want to see your car at night with the blue lights!!!

smportis 10-06-2008 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by KarissaLaurynSuggs (Post 2495002)
Hey There! I'm Karissa!

I'm from Sparta, TN...About 100 miles or so from Nashville!

Just wanted to drop a line to all the Minis!

Karissa, thanks for joining us here. Hope you are on MidTNMinis.com as well.

I grew up about 20 minutes from you in McMinnville.

troutdaddy 10-06-2008 02:57 PM

Hi all

:nod: I'll play!!!! (Troutdaddy)Rob here, live in nashville and see minis all the time. Got a dark Silver MCS cabrio with black OZ wheels and leather,luv it luv it luv it.....how come when I had my Dodge truck, never saw a cop???:roll:

TNMiniMama 10-06-2008 06:00 PM

HI Rob-
It's Vivi, the gal who "stalked" you at Good Cup this morning. Welcome aboard and I just Love your Cabrio!
Vivi

TNMiniMama 10-18-2008 05:08 PM

Howdy y'all- I'm now official- got MochaLatte this past Tuesday, so if you see a Hot Chocolate Clubbie with Silver roof/mirrors/pillars, a spoiler and roof racks- that's most likely me! Posted pix in my gallery- I've been having a blast driving her all over the place- Wow does she handle nicely. Those back roads I live on are so much fun to drive! So far, everyone except 2 MINI's have waved back- on HC Clubbie and I were jumping up and down in our seats as we passed eachother!
TTFN- Vivi

smportis 10-19-2008 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by TNMiniMama (Post 2515287)
Howdy y'all- I'm now official- got MochaLatte this past Tuesday, so if you see a Hot Chocolate Clubbie with Silver roof/mirrors/pillars, a spoiler and roof racks- that's most likely me! Posted pix in my gallery- I've been having a blast driving her all over the place- Wow does she handle nicely. Those back roads I live on are so much fun to drive! So far, everyone except 2 MINI's have waved back- on HC Clubbie and I were jumping up and down in our seats as we passed eachother!
TTFN- Vivi

Congrats Vivi! I'll keep an eye out for you.

KarissaLaurynSuggs 10-22-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by TNMiniMama (Post 2515287)
TTFN- Vivi

Congrats Vivi! I know how it was waiting for my mini to come! I got mine August 2nd of this year! It seemed like it took forever! There is a handful of minis here where I live so I have no one to wave back!

I think I will be going to the Mini Homecoming this weekend actually. So maybe I'll see some of you guys there!

TNMiniMama 10-23-2008 07:11 PM

Hi Karissa- Thanks- and I know what you mean about not waiving... When I first got Mocha, it seemed that everyone waved, now it seems that no one waves- I'll see you this weekend-
V

Lo79mini 11-11-2008 11:33 PM

hi everyone! i know everyone has pretty much moved to the new page... but ... i can't log into it.. so I'm saying hi from here :)

My name is Lori and i have a yellow 1979 mini here in Nashville.

I hope you guys will let me be a part of the "goings on" even though i don't have a new mini.. or even a cooper for that matter, It's a 1000.

Hope to talk to you guys soon.. but on the other site as soon as it will let me on

smportis 11-12-2008 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lo79mini (Post 2548397)
hi everyone! i know everyone has pretty much moved to the new page... but ... i can't log into it.. so I'm saying hi from here :)

My name is Lori and i have a yellow 1979 mini here in Nashville.

I hope you guys will let me be a part of the "goings on" even though i don't have a new mini.. or even a cooper for that matter, It's a 1000.

Hope to talk to you guys soon.. but on the other site as soon as it will let me on

Lori, hello! Welcome.

Very cool!! We don't see many "real" Mini's here in Nashville. Would love to see a picture if you have any.

Of course, we are an inclusive bunch of folks. Just because you look different, doesn't mean we won't let you play with us (j/k)!

When you say you can't log into the other site, are you referring to the specific middle TN website? If so, we will get you some help.

smp

Lo79mini 11-12-2008 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by smportis (Post 2548484)
Lori, hello! Welcome.

Very cool!! We don't see many "real" Mini's here in Nashville. Would love to see a picture if you have any.

Of course, we are an inclusive bunch of folks. Just because you look different, doesn't mean we won't let you play with us (j/k)!

When you say you can't log into the other site, are you referring to the specific middle TN website? If so, we will get you some help.

smp

Awe thanks for playing with the different kid :) .

Yes i'm talking about the mid Tn mini site.. I called and emailed .... Just waiting to be able to log on... :( I sure help is on the way.... I'm just waiting for that glorius email that says "fixed, you can log in" well hope to see you guys soon on the other forum

eturner 12-05-2008 02:18 PM

eturner-cookeville/tn
Lightning Blue-08 Clubman- 1st Clubman purchased from Nashville BMW Mini

elguapo731 12-05-2008 06:15 PM

Elguapo731 - Nashville

Does anyone know what's up with the Mini Club website. I signed up a week ago and haven't recieved an email back for confirmation into the forum. I'm wondering if there will be a Christmas Light Drive this year?

TNMiniMama 12-06-2008 10:18 AM

Hi- I am still having probs with the Nashville club site too- I can get on certain parts, but when I try to get onto the forums it tells me I'm not authorized...

Hey Drew... Wanna wave a magic wand over it?

Thanks- Vivi

ps- I'm seeing a LOT of new minis on the roads between Fairview/Franklin/Brentwood/Green Hills/Belle Meade these days!

smportis 12-18-2008 02:45 PM

Vivi,
Congrats on the car - you've had it now for what, 3 months? How is it?

Have you really posted 1175 times as of 12/18/08? Good lord woman, it must be quiet out there in the country!

smp