Nashville–Middle Tennessee MINI Club The Nashville–Middle Tennessee MINI Club forum.

Introduce Yourself Middle TN

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 05:26 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smportis
Vivi,
Congrats on the car - you've had it now for what, 3 months? How is it?

Have you really posted 1175 times as of 12/18/08? Good lord woman, it must be quiet out there in the country!

smp
Hi Scott-
Yup, I've really posted 1175 times PLUS - but not since 12/18/08... more like since I joined NAM in late August or early September I think. I, uh, got really involved in a few threads- most are off topic- and a couple of which are quite talkative! Great group these Nammers!

LOVE Mocha. Been driving her a LOT, including a road trip to Colorado Springs and back in mid November. She LOVES the twisty roads back here in North Western Williamson County... Life is good

HOpe all is well with you- You'll probably see me toodling around in the Brentwood/Hillsboro RD/Grassland/Hwy 100/BelleMeade/GreenHills areas...

TTFN- Vivi

Old 12-22-2008, 05:22 PM
bluesmini
6th Gear
Does anyone know a MINI owner named Gordon from the Chat. area? what's his screen name or if you do please ask him to get in touch with me.

Thanks,

Chris

Old 12-30-2008, 07:19 AM
geetarttu
Neutral
Scott

It's Tyler I was mellowyellow but I though I would make all my names on all the different mini sights the same. Hope all is well

Old 12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all are safe and having fun tonight - and will have a Safe and Happy 2009.

I'm having a heck of a time getting on the MdTnMini site, so if there is anything going on in the club, please let me know. Thanks-
Cheers-
Vivi

Old 01-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Drewmon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all are safe and having fun tonight - and will have a Safe and Happy 2009.

I'm having a heck of a time getting on the MdTnMini site, so if there is anything going on in the club, please let me know. Thanks-
Cheers-
Vivi
Hey Viv, if your account still doesn't jive on Mid TN MINIs, then I will delete your account and you can just make a new one (same credentials will work just fine). Not sure if there's something I'm missing in the account details that makes it not work, so it should prove easier to simply bump the old account and make you a new one.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:23 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Drewmon
Hey Viv, if your account still doesn't jive on Mid TN MINIs, then I will delete your account and you can just make a new one (same credentials will work just fine). Not sure if there's something I'm missing in the account details that makes it not work, so it should prove easier to simply bump the old account and make you a new one.

Sounds good Drew- lets just start over. Let me know when you've dumped me (OMG...I'm being dumped over the internet! There's something very wrong with this, LOL).
Thanks- Vivi

Old 01-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Drewmon
2nd Gear
Ha ha! You're out!

Just kidding, but we will bump you from the site. Just to confirm - you used the same user name on MTM right?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:20 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Drewmon
Ha ha! You're out!

Just kidding, but we will bump you from the site. Just to confirm - you used the same user name on MTM right?
Yup. That would be me!

Thanks!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi there guys and gals.

Been lurking for awhile but thought I'd go ahead and post here. I've had my MINI since May '08 and loving every minute of it since. Getting the MINI was sort of of a nostalgia thing. Back in the mid 70's I owned three mid sixties Mini's; a van, and two sedans in a three year period. They were fun also.

Any of you all close to the Tullahoma area?

Last edited by HalAC; 05-14-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 PM
CadeGarwin
Neutral
Hello everyone. I am Jason. I live out by Percy Priest Lake now, I was downtown after moving here Dec of 07. I drive an '03 Cooper S, Silver with a white roof. You will know me if you see me because you will here it whining all the time because I never slow down. ha ha.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
sziehr
2nd Gear
Hello everyone. My name is Stephen and i am currently living up in the heritage area of nashville. I just recently got my MCS 2009 been a rough start with the car but i suppose that goes with the teritory. I am a former honda guy who used to drive a silver rsx-s and loved every minute of it. But i decided i wanted to try something new.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:47 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Hal-
I must have had a brain fart, cause I didn't see this post. Please whup me with a hundred wet noodles next time we meet up...

I hope that Drew, et al, will post events in Middle TN here as well as the "club" site (which still seems to hate me, think I'm gonna whimper and need years of counseling...waaaa) (giggle)

Of course, we can always set up just random drives/picnics/etc ourselves...

TTFN- and don't forget to add the optional snorkle kit to your MINI...

Vivi
Originally Posted by HalAC
Hi there guys and gals.

Been lurking for awhile but thought I'd go ahead and post here. I've had my MINI since May '08 and loving every minute of it since. Getting the MINI was sort of of a nostalgia thing. Back in the mid 70's I owned three mid sixties Mini's; a van, and two sedans in a three year period. They were fun also.

Any of you all close to the Tullahoma area?

Old 05-15-2009, 07:53 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Stephen, Hi Jason...
Glad more MD TN folks are showing up here. Hope you both are wavers ~ I'm getting very frustrated at the MINI drivers in the Green Hills/Belle Meade/Brentwood areas that don't wave.
I was trying to teach my husband about the wave, and he proceeded to do the "village idiot wave" complete with sound effects, every time we passed a MINI, last night.
<sigh> I think I'm going to lay low, just in case anybody recognized Mocha... Maybe they'll forget about David's behaviour in a few days (yeah, right)...
Ciao-

Old 05-15-2009, 01:12 PM
sziehr
2nd Gear
I know there is the offical club that is attached to the mini dealer to some degree but there site hates me it will not let me in.

Yea summer is here it is time for the saturday afternoon meeting

Old 05-15-2009, 08:29 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saturday or Sunday Afternoon get together.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:15 PM
xBoosted
2nd Gear
Hey everyone! My name is Brandon and I just purchased a '04 MCS and would love to get more involved in the Mini community and meet some other Mini owners in Nashville.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
yotaman96
1st Gear
Originally Posted by xBoosted
Hey everyone! My name is Brandon and I just purchased a '04 MCS and would love to get more involved in the Mini community and meet some other Mini owners in Nashville.
Did you buy the grey Mini with stripes from the dealer in Nashville? If so, that was a good deal. BTW, hi everyone. I live in Portland and have had my Mini for a couple of weeks now.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:26 PM
xBoosted
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by yotaman96
Did you buy the grey Mini with stripes from the dealer in Nashville? If so, that was a good deal. BTW, hi everyone. I live in Portland and have had my Mini for a couple of weeks now.
Yeah I did buy the one from BMW of Nashville. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Normalizer
4th Gear
Howdy, Jeff here. Charter member/organizer of the club way back when with Drew, Scott, and John and first events director, though ousted in a coup shortly before my '02 JCW MCS blew it's engine. Currently waiting for my '10 JCW MCS to get to the point where I can nail down the options.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:32 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hey Folks-
Great to see so many faces out here- Even been getting some waves!

Anyone interested in drives, please go check other threads in NAM re: MD Tn drives. I think HAL has one coming up, which sounds fabulous! Leah has had a few up on the Plateau. I'm going to try to put something together for later this fall in the Leiper's Fork area.

Unfortunately, some of us have problems with the club website- it doesn't like some of us... Drew and I have gone back and forth on why I can't ever get in, but to no avail. So please keep this thread & NAM in mind when you post of interesting things to do.

Last but not least, some people are already thinking of (take a deep breath) Christmas... or more, Christmas parades. If you hear of anything, organized or just goofy, let us know- there's some talk of MINIs in the Fairview and the Leiper's Fork parades...

Have a great day!
Vivi

Old 11-14-2009, 08:00 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hey Folks-
I started a thread on Christmas Parades in the Middle TN area, with info on the two I know about... Fairview & Leiper's Fork. The thread is listed under the Nashville/Middle TN club forum here on NAM.
Have a great weekend- and Happy Thanksgiving. We're having gorgeous late fall weather- great for motoring
Ciao-
Vivi

Old 02-13-2010, 03:25 PM
hwy74
3rd Gear
Hello to everyone. I live in Bellevue and I have a Chili Red '06 MCS with black hood stripes. The car is completely stock, as far as I know. I bought it, used, last September. I absolutely love the car. I am also a motorcyclist and have been for 25 years. One of the things that I like about the motorcycle community is the comradery among like minded people and I was hoping to find that with the Mini. Is such a great car and so well priced that it would make sense that it would draw people from all ranges of age and socio-economic groups, which is interesting. Lately, I have become a little frustrated with the two wheel danger on public roads, so I am having fun with the "safer" version on four wheels. The bike is in the garage, patiently waiting for track time.
I look forward to getting in on a group run in the near future.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:38 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Howdy Hwy74!
There is a club here in Nashville, altho for the life of me I can't get registered with the website. JoMo at the Dealership knows how to get on (he's on here too as is Drew the fearless leader of the local group). There's also a few folks that are doing drives in Middle TN. HalAC had organized one for this weekend, but has postponed it due to weather. I believe it's postponed until March 20th... If I get my act gear, I'd like to do a drive in the Williamson/Hickman/Maury county area as there are some wonderful roads out here! Check the club threads to see if there is something about the run Hal has set up.
If you see a Hot Chocolate Clubbie with a silver roof driving in the Bellevue/Bellemeade area, it might be me... I come into town that way a few times a week.
Keep waving, keep smiling and enjoy the ride!
~Vivi

Old 02-24-2010, 06:33 AM
hwy74
3rd Gear
Vivi,
I am in Bellevue, so I'll keep an eye out. I have a Chili Red S with black roof and black stripes. I know what you are talking about with the roads in Hickman county and area. Hwy48 south, Kobel Rd., etc... I just found a great set of roads off Pinewood Road (Hwy46) between Fairview and Lieper's Fork. Would love to hook up with some folks to run those roads.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:42 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by hwy74
Vivi,
I am in Bellevue, so I'll keep an eye out. I have a Chili Red S with black roof and black stripes. I know what you are talking about with the roads in Hickman county and area. Hwy48 south, Kobel Rd., etc... I just found a great set of roads off Pinewood Road (Hwy46) between Fairview and Lieper's Fork. Would love to hook up with some folks to run those roads.

LOL, I'm VERY familiar with those roads off Pinewood... I run them every day. There's a GREAT cajun restaurant down in Fly, and the "back" way to get there is a lot of fun (and slightly reminiscent of rally racing).

I've had a couple of major life things come up in the past week, in fact, I'm in FL right now helping my mom after her surgery. But when the weather gets a little better, I was thinking about trying to get a drive together, which ended at the cajun restaurant for dinner... we could put our heads together and come up with something pretty good, yes?

Enjoy your MINI- love that Chili Red & black combo!

Quick Reply: Introduce Yourself Middle TN