NAM Alliance Membership Info and Support Learn more about the Alliance membership program and its benefits. Already a member and need help? Get support here!

Item Purchased Not as Discribed

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 10:57 AM
sujeemini
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Item Purchased Not as Discribed

Hi There,

I purchased Xenon light from a seller on NAM recently for my R53. I sent the item directly to get it Joey modded. The light were poorly packaged and it seems the light were tampered with as well. There's really bad internal damage to the lense. Please read the email I have attached below from The Retro
Fit Masters

"Honestly, the lights will never be in as good of condition as they would had they not been damaged internally. We can only see so much through the bulb holes, so I would not be surprised if there was more to it once the lights are opened up.

This is definitely a mixture of (extremely) poor packaging and the lights being damaged/heavily used before they were even boxed up.

For the lenses, you might be able to get the scratches out of the driver side. The passenger side lights are a different story. One is spider cracked (like this, but without the actual crack), and the other is damaged from the inside due to the shroud being loose. Looks like it has made a few deep scratches in there. The internal of the lens is very delicate and would not make for an easy fix. We can take and upload more photos if need be.

I am not sure what you paid for these, how you paid, etc. But if I were in your position, I would attempt to return these to the seller. If paid by PayPal, you could easily open a case, if it came to that, under "Item Significantly Not As Described.""

The seller is refusing to take responsibility and say that hes not responsible for the extra time it took for my package as I rerouted it.

This is how the lights were out of the package:

Driver Side
Internals are loose - 1 ball and socket type connector seems to be broken
Chrome trim has wear
Lens has wear

Passenger Side 1
Missing chrome trim ring
Missing bulb covers
Missing bulb(s)
Shroud inside it loose and moving around
Internals loose - ball and socket loose and/or broken

Passenger Side 2
Lens spider cracked/worn
Internals loose - ball and socket broken
Missing rear cover clip
Chrome trim has wear/swirls

There were two passenger side lights even though he never mentioned packing it.

There are the pictures that were provided on the site...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...U9vTDhIQlotUXc

Here how the items were received:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...jQ?usp=sharing

The shop has halted the project and have provided pictures.

I would like to know is there any assistance the administrators here can provide or is there some way I can make sure this seller doesn't do the same to someone else.

Thank you for your time.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:57 PM
PhoR53
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am the seller. And here is my version

The buyer did buy those headlights from me and they were of course in an excellent shape.

When items were paid i always initiated the shipment the next day so that buyer has a piece of mind that the package would not be delayed or get to him the fastest.

Few days later, he reached out to me and asked if i could re-direct or re-route the package so that his cousin could receive it instead of him. I then responded to him that "at this stage there is nothing i can do, because Fedex has the lights on their way to you or the original destination". The buyer called Fedex and was told that i could help him out by calling them, so i was nice enough and gave him my identity so that Fedex could look up and re-route the package for him. Fedex then charged me another $65 for re-shipping, but i did not ask him for the money as i told myself just be nice to buyers and they will come back to me. So nothing was free at all $75 for the 1st shipment and $65 for re-routing= $135 total of $450 of the cost of the lights

Ok, as stated i intended to have the package arrives asap to buyer so i would imagine may be 4-5 days max that was my intention. Now this buyer wanted to change the original destination so of course it would take longer than my expectation. As a result, it took more or up to 3 weeks to have the package arrived to the revised destination. The fact that was not just the time would take longer but the package was as well went through another or other heavy sorting out process.... in which could harm the package because those sorting machine could be careless what's inside the package.

In addition, i had warned him before that i would not take any responsibility if the package was to get damaged or lost....he said "it will be on me, don't worry". I still have all the messages that we exchanged

Now, he said it was my fault to not pack the package very well....when he was the one wanted to delay the shipment and put the package through another sorting out process.

I have sold a lot of parts on here and none has issues against me......this was something that i did not have a full control on,where you were the one that made the decision for the packaged to be delayed and more intense of sorting.

Thanks

Last edited by PhoR53; 06-12-2017 at 08:25 PM.