North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   NAM Alliance Magazine Feedback and Ideas (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/nam-alliance-magazine-feedback-and-ideas-277/)
-   -   What's right with the Alliance - my take, yours? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/nam-alliance-magazine-feedback-and-ideas/132515-whats-right-with-the-alliance-my-take-yours.html)

TMGRobyn 03-15-2008 10:08 AM

What's right with the Alliance - my take, yours?

I have read with interest the formation of the Alliance and membership requirements. I looked over the features and benefits and asked myself is it worth spending $40 a year on something else. (I am self employed, and spend a lot of small amounts of money that add up to a lot every year.)

I hesitated to join because I use flickr, I hardly ever PM anyone (except 89AKurt :lol: ) and I don't post my pictures here. But then I noticed the free download of the magazine. Yep. A free download. I cannot resist free.

So I downloaded the magazine a week or two ago and finally this morning had the time to read through it. All I can say is wow. I am going to join the alliance.

I decided to join so I could have access to the magazine. You see, I am too busy as you can tell from download time to actual reading time! The magazine has information to help keep your MINI in shape, it has camaraderie with members of NAM, and it has great stories. I haven't been as active in NAM in the past couple of years because of a time constraint. I love knowing I am part of a great community of enthusiasts and wave like a nut when I see other MINIs! But, I just have only so many hours in a day. The Alliance magazine takes the good inside NAM and puts it in one place, a simple monthly download, for me to enjoy at my leisure. I see it as a NAM MINI synopsis so to speak.

If it hadn't been for the Alliance magazine I would never have known about NANO and the resulting story of Dawn. Made me tear up thinking about the entire back story. And it made me think because of the time crunch I am in, I would have never read that story at NAM. It just doesn't figure into my busy life right now as threads move so fast and I just don't have the time to read daily.

The Alliance is going to enhance my membership at NAM and help me not feel so far out of the loop. Thanks Mark and everyone else who is involved. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: While it may not be for everyone, the Alliance looks like a good fit for me.

gnatster 03-23-2008 09:23 PM

Thanks for the comments we do read them all.

MaxMini81 03-24-2008 06:51 AM

I agree. The magazine is great, and while I don't see many grille badges in St. Louis, I'm pretty sure I'm one of few with the Allience Charter Member Badge. I like the design, and it was a pleasant surprise in my mail box.

minimonsterthunder 07-22-2008 08:33 AM

I agree with all the above. I read the first issue last night and WOW...Its great! I am on NAM everyday but like everyone stated here, I dont get to read everything. The stroy of Nano and Dawn was an exepionally written stroy. I also loved 03Inigo's biography. this magazine is top notch stuff. And love knowing that I am part of an elite club here on Nam. I will be joining shortly, and wanted to congragulate Mark and the others with a great idea and a great work. Cant wait for the next issue!!