So what is it like?!? Need help deciding

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:17 AM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what is it like?!? Need help deciding

I am really looking forward to driving from Texas to atlanta and doing the entire rally. However, I dont know what the whole thing entails. Here is a few questions:

Is it a TSD Rally? Like are there going to be points and winners at each leg?

What happens at each stop?

Is it worth the miles and gas to do it or should I just motor up to Colorado with the rest of Texas and enjoy MITM?

Please help me out if you have been to one of the past ones. Thanks everybody!

Old 05-31-2010, 04:01 PM
maxxboy
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Q. Is it a TSD Rally? Like are there going to be points and winners at each leg?

A. I doubt this will be a TSD Rally. In 2006 the route consisted of various groups/individuals organizing their own caravans from one point to the other and at their own pace. MINI may be doing it the same way this year, but that is not known at this time.

Q. What happens at each stop?

A. That information has yet to be announced, but I believe dealerships/clubs will have various things planned at each stop. I hear the Knoxville dealership is planning something and I heard a rumor that there may be parade laps at the Indy 500 speedway.

Q. Is it worth the miles and gas to do it or should I just motor up to Colorado with the rest of Texas and enjoy MITM?

A. That's up to you. I cannot drive the whole route because of time and distance. So I'm doing the Atlanta to Knoxville route (perhaps to Indy as well) and then later in the week I'm flying to Denver for the festivities.

There will be more answers to our questions in the coming weeks as MINI get it all together. Hopefully we'll find out soon.