North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MINIs in the Mountains (August 12 - 15, 2010) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-in-the-mountains-august-12-15-2010-333/)
-   -   Hello from Winter Park (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-in-the-mountains-august-12-15-2010/194326-hello-from-winter-park.html)

MINItencan 08-08-2010 08:05 PM

Hello from Winter Park

Got in this afternoon and can't wait for some more MINIs to join us! The village is awfully quiet tonight but it a bit chilly.

ftttuhzbmcs 08-08-2010 09:16 PM

Bright and early for check-in Thursday morning. Can't wait!

Richard-EB 08-08-2010 09:38 PM

I am in Winter Park now as well! Will be walking to the Village tomorrow around 11, so hit me up at 303-385-7092 if you want to grab some coffee!

Richard-EB 08-09-2010 02:53 PM

Good running into you guys this morning! Saw you pull into the resort just as the rain started coming down.

Saw another MINI in the parking garage from Texas. Any idea who it is?

MINIdave 08-09-2010 03:43 PM

We'll be there tomorrow evening!

Can't wait to get out of this 100+ heat....

Tater Tot 08-09-2010 03:53 PM

Look for me, Marc @ Silver Creek I have the Sparkling Silver on the 1st level of garage will be parking it in front of the store starting on Thursday.

MINItencan 08-09-2010 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Richard-EB (Post 3107746)
Good running into you guys this morning! Saw you pull into the resort just as the rain started coming down.

Saw another MINI in the parking garage from Texas. Any idea who it is?

Nice to meet you guys as well! We pretty much stayed inside all afternoon :sad: . Hoping the weather is better tomorrow and we see you out.

Not sure who the TX is. Will be looking Marc up tomorrow at Silver Creek. We were just window shopping there a bit ago...

Tater Tot 08-09-2010 09:30 PM

See everyone tomm. The weather will be better the rest of the week.

Tater Tot 08-10-2010 09:13 AM

As I said the weather is perfect, cool morning and clear skies were on!!!! See everyone soon.

Ladyvalea 08-10-2010 09:26 PM

Hello!!! Brutus is in the House!!! the Mellow Yellow MCS in the Zephyr underground parking!!! I parked Brutus next to Minitencan...so they can bond!!!!:lol: arrived around tuesday 5:30ish...went and wash my mini at a local self service car wash ....I had a ton of Large Bugs on my grill:eek2: Nasty...we drove thur Kansas !!! Now, I'm resting, cuz, I can feel the lack of 02 in my body!!! my heart is racing and I feel dizzy!!!

I spy Lady Godiva in the parking lot!!! Prolly, going to sleep in late tommorow!!! and NO coffee for me!!! just water like Tater tot said

Vinyl Styles 08-10-2010 10:52 PM

We made it! Got in today around 7pm. Parked next to my twin (Richard) at the Vintage hotel.
Will be washing the Clubby tomorrow at the local car wash, then back to the hotel room to continue wrapping more parts.
Come up and say HI!

Sushi for dinner, anybody interested?

-Lyle
(650) 743-8034

Ladyvalea 08-11-2010 07:52 AM

Just to let everybody know, if you are looking for a car wash (not automatic), we found one in Fraser. You have to go past Alco (on the left) and Safeway (on the right). When you get to the traffic light you should see Conoco on the left on up the street. Turn left at the first street past the Conoco, go straight and just before the Railroad Tracks, turn right. Go on down about a 1/8 mile or so and you will see a two stall car wash on your right. Cost is $2.25 to get it going and of course depending on long you wash, you have to keep feeding it. There is a vacuum ($.75), change machine and towel machine (also $.75 for the towel I think). Those towels are pretty good for tires, but we don't use them on our car. There appeared to be a car wash behind the Conoco, but it looked buttoned up when we went past and not sure anyway if it was automatic or what. We did see a couple automatic washes, but don't really care for those. We also hit Safeway and bought some groceries. Glad we did because it seems everything shuts down by 9:00 pm during the week in the resort area (unless we missed something) if you feel like just walking to someplace to eat. Anyway, just trying to be helpful.

Oh, yeah, for S&G's, there is a T-Shirt shop that adjoins a Subway shop on the right side of the street about half-way or so through the town of Winter Park (of course driving that way from the resort area). They have a bunch of T-Shirts on sale for $5.99 or so at the entrance and much more inside. Also some nicely priced Polar Fleece Jackets for $12 in case you didn't pack a lightweight jacket. Appear to be what the doctor ordered in the evenings.

(Puter set for wrong time zone-changed it so y'all don't think we get up at 0-dark 30. Only my husband does that.......)

WayMotorWorks 08-11-2010 08:51 AM

Here checking out the sites, enjoying the calm before the storm of working this week.