Taking the Dogs to MITM/MTTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:31 PM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Taking the Dogs to MITM/MTTS

We're undecided about bringing the Mini-Poopers with us on this trip.

On the one hand, they travel pretty well, and the daily rides won't be a problem for them. We also enjoy their company, and they can be pretty sociable when there are groups of people around, especially if there is a freindly belly rub or ear scratching involved!

On the other hand, it's a lot of extra worry and stuff you have to haul along, plus not everywhere lets them stay in the room.....it's no problem at the Vintage where we've got a dog friendly room reserved.... but we'll be traveling some after the weekend too and might run into troubles down the road.

Then there's cost - I'll need to buy a car top carrier to make it roomy enough to be comfortable for this trip - the cost of that would pay for their room and board at Pete and Mac's Day Spa - where we place them when we travel. On the other hand, not paying for their R&B would buy the car top carrier!

I'm a little concerned about the events, they pretty much would have to be with us for all of them since we can't leave them in the room alone while we're gone, which limits our dinner options and such. All in all, I wonder if it's worth the effort, for both them or us, or if it might be better to leave them home so we can have a more stress free event. Of course, the whole time we're gone she'll be worried about them too if they don't come with.......

We will be taking them to the Merry MINIs in the Mountains event in Arkansas this October, so they will get to make at least one trip this year.....for that event we have a cabin reserved so we can leave them for an hour or more while we have supper or meet friends for a drink or something without disturbing the other guests.

Anyone have any thoughts that might help sway us one way or the other?

Old 07-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Tater Tot
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a retail store in Winter Park Resort, lots of dogs patrol around with there owners. Every place to eat has indoor and outdoor eating so your covered there. Some even put out water for dogs in front of there places. And it won't be to hot. For MTTS your on your own, sorry. Its a give and take, there either with you or not.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:55 PM
scribbledpaper
the land of far, far away
I booked a pet friendly room at the Vintage - My English Bulldog is coming with me!

Old 07-25-2010, 07:19 PM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
We've pretty much committed to bringing them, we also have a dog friendly room at the Vintage, see ya there!

Old 07-27-2010, 08:36 AM
jckonrad
4th Gear
+1 to dog friendly rooms at the Vintage!