North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MINIs in the Mountains 4 (Aug. 5-9, 2009) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-in-the-mountains-4-aug-5-9-2009-315/)
-   -   What YOU learned at MITM4 (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-in-the-mountains-4-aug-5-9-2009/173548-what-you-learned-at-mitm4.html)

JohnJohn 08-09-2009 11:23 AM

What YOU learned at MITM4

1) LOL
2) wash buckets and mits are cold at 6:45am
3) beer tastes great AND is less filling
4) it does not rain EVERYday at MITM
5) the firehouse dog is friendly
6) just cause you ride unicycle does not mean you juggle
7) Walen Machine's pocket knife is sharp
8) it IS "possible" to get your Mini towed
9) the secret identify of "Cone-man"
10) Mini5280 President Chuck Maybee can wear the same pair of shorts everyday. :grin:

old81 08-09-2009 11:25 AM

:lol: :thumbsup: :nod:

scribbledpaper 08-09-2009 12:39 PM

LOL!! I totally agree! That water was very cold!!!

MiniMaybee 08-09-2009 01:55 PM

OK for the record I have two pair of blue shorts and two pair of black. :lol:
I learned:
1) Texans make pretty good spaghetti
2) I should not order a banquet meal (never did get to eat)
3) Clear bra guys work all night long
4) MINI5280 members are the best (well, I knew that already)

BLU-BY-U 08-10-2009 07:34 PM

:thumbsup:
Per #4 below, now I know that poppers make a groaning noise in the night!:wink:

royhobbs 08-10-2009 08:02 PM

:lol: :thumbsup:

danandtan 08-10-2009 08:06 PM

I learned:
1) Red Bull Girls do exist.
2) I am not too tall to drive a classic.
3) Starbucks in Copper opens way too late.
4) Jalapeņo Poppers from the BBQ contest do bad things in the night.

jckonrad 08-10-2009 09:00 PM

I learned:
1. Kendall probably has wings, and has the ability to fly.

I mean COME ON, Did anyone actually see him get on top of that outhouse...WITH THE TRIPOD??

deemotored 08-10-2009 09:21 PM

1) Driving with a bra on is way more fun.:wink:
2) One glass of wine at a high altitude can make me giggly.
3) MINI techs will always find SOMEthing wrong.
4) Freebies from said MINI techs make it all better.
5) Great weather this year!

Thanks all! Had a blast!

Doug W 08-11-2009 07:00 AM

1) I also learned that my pocket knife is sharp! :eek2:
2) It isn't easy to handle a Great Dane pup and converse with customers at the same time. :no:

3)Oh, one more thing. That Cantina joint has very good Mexican food; but don't pig out on it (two nights in a row), and expect to sleep well.

sgsuperman105 08-11-2009 07:11 AM

1. Zyamfier has a shiny trailer, can be used for tanning.
2. Its cold on top of Mount Evans.
3. My group is crazy in a big crowd.
4. Going from 100+ degree weather to 60+ degree weather is a bit of a shock to the system.
5. The Starbucks at Copper Mt does not have Wifi, probably the only one in the states about it.
6. The Classic Minis made ours look like SUVs.
7. Slow cars forgot how to let people by.

intercoolest 08-11-2009 07:17 AM

1.) When you thought you knew the best people ever, you still meet more.:)
2.) No 2 Mini's are exactly alike, even when bone stock. :confused:
3.) Mice Barbies have 6 breasts & really big ears! :wink:
4.) Jonathan, Rick & volunteers can still pull off an even better event! :thumbsup:
5.) Glad I passed on the poppers.... :eek:
6.) Max: short for "Maximum" Dog Protection / Enforcement, just do what Shannon says & no one gets hurt..... :eek2:
7.) Waiting till next year seems sooo long....:roll:
8.) Kendall's magic flying ability is only when he has his camera in hand. Less camera, he is just a normal guy. :lol:
9.) Jim doesn't always sleep in the Dragon Wagon.... :no:
10.) Black R53 Mini's pretty much rule on the Western Dragon (or red R56 w/ black top)! :grin:

Batman1usa 08-11-2009 10:45 AM

Minis on the Mountains ROCK

1) it's a long walk down if you ride the ski lift up.
2) my kids enjoyed the trip and the ride up Mt Evans with Bob (Thanks Bob) TOPLESS ! ! !
3) White water rafting is a MUST DO and KODI rafting does it the best.
4) If you plant crops on Farm town before leaving home you will be searching for WiFi in Frisco at Safeway.
5) If you grocery shop at Safeway in Frisco be SURE you have a Safeway Saver card thing. Saves lot's of money.
6) CLASSIC MINI'S ARE COOOOOOL ! ! Gotta have one.
7) This is the best event I go to all year. :thumbsup:

OctaneGuy 08-11-2009 06:27 PM

I learned that....

1.) Trying to save the front of your car that fell off, while on the side of a busy highway in 105+ degree weather isn't worth it..just rip it off to be safe.

2.) Doug Whalen has excellent taste in cereals!

3.) Dan and Hap Tannery are some of the nicest MINI owners around and they've got a really HOT MINI.

4.) That even though my butt was soaked from the rain, that watching Heather's daughter Paia fall asleep on me was totally worth it.

5.) On my way back from Colorado, my MINI threw two codes and a kind Clubman owner that I had been playing with in traffic pulled over to assist me!

6.) Whoever designed Alta's intercooler never bothered changing a spark plug before.

7.) The Red Bull girls were so pleased to have clean wheels.

8.) It took me 3 days to get acclimated to the Colorado thin air, but having a bottle of Advil is certainly helpful!

Richard

jsouz 08-11-2009 06:42 PM

Things I learned

1. Rick Gonzales works harder than anyone, and he deserves that vacation to Hawaii
2. Chuck's family brought him dinner, he just did not eat it
3. My family brought me dinner, I just did not have time to eat it
4. You all are just now learning about Kendall?????
5. My feet hurt more and more each day
6. By Sunday, I am so tired, it is hard to even sleep
7. There are no Perseids to see under a full moon
8. It is possible to have a big MINI event without a) tickets b) accidents c) hitting bear d) driving off the edge
9. Some day, I really want to enjoy Guitar Town, sitting down
10. Ronald Watt may just be the most generous man west of the Mississippi...well, I kindof knew that already.

Jonathan

It Works 08-11-2009 07:15 PM

That it IS possible to catch air in a MINI! (inside and out):eek2: :thumbsup: :nod: :eek:

jsouz 08-11-2009 07:18 PM

Tell us exactly...

where???

JPS

Originally Posted by It Works (Post 2844749)
That it IS possible to catch air in a MINI! (inside and out):eek2: :thumbsup: :nod: :eek:

It Works 08-11-2009 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by jsouz (Post 2844753)
where???

JPS

Well actually, it wasn't AT MITM, it was on the drive home! :nod:

deemotored 08-12-2009 08:36 AM

Outside of Kayenta AZ!

gtshnzr 08-12-2009 11:47 AM

1) Having to leave and drive home was painful
2) Driving home with a new MINI-Bud from Chi-town made it better
3) I hope my daughter goes to grad school so I have an excuse to come back next year
4) Park Rangers can and do give $25 speeding tickets, with a $75 "processing fee."

BlueBonnet 08-12-2009 12:57 PM

It is cold on top of Mt. Evans (37 degrees . . . enough to hear the ice alarm for the first time this winter :wink:).

It is cold in the tent at the campsite at 1:30 am when it is thirty-seven degrees on the top of Mr. Evans (40 degrees).

"Dirt" roads in rural Colorado are so much better than dirt roads in New Mexico.

Twenty-five PSI, a Colorado gravel thoroughfare and turning off the DSC significantly improves the ride to and fro MITM.

kgelner 08-12-2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by jckonrad (Post 2844006)
I learned:
1. Kendall probably has wings, and has the ability to fly.

I mean COME ON, Did anyone actually see him get on top of that outhouse...WITH THE TRIPOD??

Well they do have very big tubes leading up to the roof from the pits... :-)

But let's just say, borrowed steel and borrowed hands helped give me some loft.

As for myself, I learned that Outhouses are among the most difficult manmade objects to ascend, having tried many others...

pauhana 08-13-2009 04:53 AM

Stuff I done learn't at MITM:
1) Me on a scooter, racing Devin on a unicycle, is harder than it looks. Devin won by a knee. I demand another match -- any time, any place!
2) Everybody is there to have fun AND help keep things going (I already knew that).
3) I need to get out to our mountains more often. MINI spends too much time in the garage, sleeping.
4) People believe me when I tell them that our car wash water is refrigerated in the building next-door.
5) The familiar MITM-mapped routes are still fun to drive (except nekkid), year after year.
--Rick

MINID 08-13-2009 06:03 PM

I'm ready for a rematch any time. Although you better watch out as I have been doing some serious training in preparation for next year. Planning on riding the uni up Mt. Evans, at night, juggling, flashlights, Its gonna be EPIC.:wink:

Devin

pauhana 08-14-2009 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by MINID (Post 2846547)
I'm ready for a rematch any time. Although you better watch out as I have been doing some serious training in preparation for next year. Planning on riding the uni up Mt. Evans, at night, juggling, flashlights, Its gonna be EPIC.:wink:

Devin

YOU'RE ON! I'll shortly be starting my training for the next rematch too. I'll be towing several MINIs behind my scooter UP Mt Evans at night, blind folded but not nekkid. Juggling is for clowns. I'll be doing the serious scooting!:impatient: