North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MINIs & Minis for Sale (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-and-minis-for-sale-388/)
-   -   FS:: Super Clean 2006 JCW For Sale (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-and-minis-for-sale/322849-super-clean-2006-jcw-for-sale.html)

watchinggoodman 01-04-2018 01:48 PM

Super Clean 2006 JCW For Sale

1 Attachment(s)
2006 John Cooper Works Mini

Super clean, personally maintained
Pepper white and black
Ruby tail lights
PIAA wipers
Black and gray interior
3m Dry Carbon fiber interior accents
Weathertech front mats
OEM AM/FM Disk sound system
NEW windshield (caught a stone a month ago)

OEM John Cooper Works engine
(last year of supercharged JCW)
97,800 miles
Mobil 1 every 5000 miles
Amsoil free flow air filter
New hydraulic motor mount
New cam sensor
ATI harmonic super damper

New 205/50/16 Continental Extreme Contacts
16” Powdered coated satin black Koing Feathers
Lowered 1.5” with H&R springs
18mm rear sway bar
Drilled and slotted brake rotors with good ceramic pads
OEM Convertible front support brace

$7800.00 “AS IS”

Go to my Gallery for pictures

Noonzio 01-04-2018 02:06 PM

There were two more years of supercharged JCW engines

RedAggie03 01-04-2018 02:11 PM

Location?

Oldboy Speedwell 01-04-2018 02:57 PM

Absolutely gorgeous machine!
:thumbsup:

I wish the pix were larger though.

The one picture is in front of Plant St. Market so I looked it up and it seems to be Winter Park Florida, near Orlando,
is that correct?

Would you list the last 7 digits of the VIN?

In the fairly recent past, you posted that you experienced a driver side impact, could you perhaps elaborate on the details of that incident?

I'm in the market and highly interested as I really like the Pepper White.

It is also a non-403 slicktop, yes?
You should add that to the description as many people (such as myself) are desperately looking for a tintop R53!
They are scarce to come by, and adds much appeal to folks like me.

Thanks for listing it!

WGJP 01-04-2018 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Noonzio (Post 4357495)
There were two more years of supercharged JCW engines

He probably meant last of the supercharged JCW for the coupe; only the convertibles were available through 2008.

watchinggoodman 01-04-2018 04:28 PM

Clermont, Florida - 30 mins west of Orlando.

watchinggoodman 01-04-2018 04:32 PM

Thank you for answering - correct.
I intentionally looked for a supercharged 2006 because I believe the supercharged engine is superior to the tubo and less heat. Not saying this to open a debate simply my opinion. For those who would be like minded this is becoming a rare bird.

watchinggoodman 01-04-2018 04:43 PM

Thank you for your kind words.
I was commenting to my daughter today of all the cars I have owned this has been my favorite but I have no place to store it just to keep it.

You are right - Winter Garden. I live outside of Clermont but thought WG would be a great place for pictures.

You must have me confused with some one else on the side impact. About 2 years ago I did have a 5th wheel Pepsi truck squeeze me coming out of Home Depot. Baseball size dent just behind drivers headlight restricted to hood and wheel opening trim. Scuffed the powdercoat off the rim, his insurance covered everything.

Not familiar with roof designation but this is a solid top. Again this was by my choice because the solid top makes the car more structurally ridgid. I also added the OEM convertible front tower braces.

PM if you want my number to talk. Bruce

watchinggoodman 01-04-2018 04:46 PM

Vin: Tn26449

Whine not Walnuts 01-04-2018 04:50 PM

More and more people are recognizing that the Gen1 is the best and when you throw on the JCW package, just glad I have one. Nice article in the thread below.

This one appears to be a very nice rust free example.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2014/07/...ni-model-ever/

watchinggoodman 01-04-2018 05:03 PM

Uploading larger pictures

Oldboy Speedwell 01-04-2018 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by watchinggoodman (Post 4357528)
Thank you for your kind words.
I was commenting to my daughter today of all the cars I have owned this has been my favorite but I have no place to store it just to keep it.

You are right - Winter Garden. I live outside of Clermont but thought WG would be a great place for pictures.

You must have me confused with some one else on the side impact. About 2 years ago I did have a 5th wheel Pepsi truck squeeze me coming out of Home Depot. Baseball size dent just behind drivers headlight restricted to hood and wheel opening trim. Scuffed the powdercoat off the rim, his insurance covered everything.

Not familiar with roof designation but this is a solid top. Again this was by my choice because the solid top makes the car more structurally ridgid. I also added the OEM convertible front tower braces.

PM if you want my number to talk. Bruce

My apologies for any assumptions I may have made, I was referencing a post you had made concerning a SAS sensor where you spoke of "a light hit on the drivers side"...
here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...and-reset.html

Just following up with due diligence on my part.

Are you the original owner?

I agree with you regarding the solid top, sadly they are pretty scarce in North America as most original owners here spec'd with Pano roof.

Thank you for the VIN numbers!
Looked up at bimmerwork...
...niiiice.
2TA -Limited Slip Differential
Another sought-after spec!

Would love to talk, will send pm.

Thanks Bruce.
:thumbsup:
My name is Troy by the way.

Oldboy Speedwell 01-04-2018 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by r53coop (Post 4357533)
More and more people are recognizing that the Gen1 is the best and when you throw on the JCW package, just glad I have one. Nice article in the thread below.

This one appears to be a very nice rust free example.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2014/07/...ni-model-ever/

That is a good read, appreciate the link.

In my universe, the Gen 1 is best simply because it is the most pure of form regarding aesthetic design and driving dynamics, as well, it is the most Rover if you will. Being a complete noob, I've been doing much research and all across the various boards the general consensus seems to evaluate the R53 as the most desirable for an enthusiast to seek. I've been having a difficult time trying to find an 05/06 slicktop these last several months and wavered into looking at N18 R56's, but I'm a bit of a curmudgeon and couldn't really embrace it as it just didn't sing to my heart --- I much prefer a keyed ignition, cast iron block, port injection, non-electric steering, etc etc and amongst other such things.

I've been through the wringer in the mental sense of waffling around while looking for a daily driver and contemplating an Audi A3 wagon or a Fiesta ST or a Volvo C30, and others too, but I always come back to the R53.

Whine not Walnuts 01-04-2018 05:40 PM

Tin Top, Glass Top, Rag Top, a Gen1 JCW with a LSD is top of the line.

watchinggoodman 01-04-2018 06:11 PM

Loaded larger pictures to my gallery, their available now.

No apology necessary. You're right, I forgot about the post.
After the brush with the Pepsi truck started to have a trifecta.
Orlando Mini replace passenger airbag senor on recall - one down.
I replace steering angle senor and Tire Kingdom aligned the front end (rear also) and then calibrated the senor - two down.
Tire Kingdom also took care of the tire pressure light - three down. (However, with the Contis I'm not running tire senors.

No, I am not the original owner. As I recall the original owner had it on lease out of Miami, took it to NJ for about 6 months, traded it at a Toyota dealer there, I stumbled across it online and flew up and bought it from the dealer.

By all means PM me and we will talk.

watchinggoodman 01-06-2018 06:13 AM

Just a quick note.

I talked to Progressive yesterday and they are scheduled to replace my windshield next week.
I pick up a stone a month ago and in the state of Florida, they are replaced at no charge if you have full coverage. Thought it might not be so in all states and to get rid of the sandblasting will be great driving into the sun.

Check my post on "Solution Finish"

TheBigChill 01-06-2018 06:48 PM

Love the car. My previous R53 (in signature) was a slicktop w/ LSD. However, it also lacked cruise control like yours. I'm interested, but lack of this for highway driving is a bummer.

wikdr53 01-12-2018 04:51 AM

Does this car have the limited slip differential?

bahman 01-13-2018 01:46 PM

R53

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...68098e3ef6.jpg

I thought I jump into the fray with my two bits worth of experience to help buyers decide with confidence.

My daily driver is a 2005 JCW "slick-top" with painted checkered roof and hood stripes. This car now has 188,000+/- miles. It still has the original supercharger, struts (springs lowered), engine, head, tranny, etc. It has had no problem, except for a torn serpentine belt and ensuing disabling caused by road debris.

The Gen 1 R53/R52s in my view are the best MINIs, and for the cost, nothing can provide as much fun; $/Fun factor is big time (I have 5 of them). This car has lived in Texas, Colorado, Texas, and has traveled most of the US, as has endured the terrible roads in Colorado and Dallas area.

I have personally done most of the work on the car, and after the idiosyncrasies were figured out, it is rather easy to work on.

To sum up, mileage should not be a major factor in buying an R53 IF it has been owned and maintained by a true enthusiast. KBB, NADA, et al all base their prices on the mileage first, and averages, unfortunately.

CRC 01-13-2018 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by wikdr53 (Post 4359396)
Does this car have the limited slip differential?

See post #12. :thumbsup:

wikdr53 01-13-2018 05:20 PM

Sorry missed that. PM sent.

yyj3869 01-14-2018 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by bahman (Post 4359768)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...68098e3ef6.jpg

I thought I jump into the fray with my two bits worth of experience to help buyers decide with confidence.

My daily driver is a 2005 JCW "slick-top" with painted checkered roof and hood stripes. This car now has 188,000+/- miles. It still has the original supercharger, struts (springs lowered), engine, head, tranny, etc. It has had no problem, except for a torn serpentine belt and ensuing disabling caused by road debris.

The Gen 1 R53/R52s in my view are the best MINIs, and for the cost, nothing can provide as much fun; $/Fun factor is big time (I have 5 of them). This car has lived in Texas, Colorado, Texas, and has traveled most of the US, as has endured the terrible roads in Colorado and Dallas area.

I have personally done most of the work on the car, and after the idiosyncrasies were figured out, it is rather easy to work on.

To sum up, mileage should not be a major factor in buying an R53 IF it has been owned and maintained by a true enthusiast. KBB, NADA, et al all base their prices on the mileage first, and averages, unfortunately.

Two nice looking MINIS! wish i could have jcw aero bumper kits.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

protofab 02-07-2018 09:57 AM

PM Sent