North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MINIs & Minis for Sale (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-and-minis-for-sale-388/)
-   -   FS:: '05 MINI Cooper S for sale - salvage value only (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-and-minis-for-sale/288933-05-mini-cooper-s-for-sale-salvage-value-only.html)

MiniSocrates 06-04-2015 09:04 AM

'05 MINI Cooper S for sale - salvage value only

3 Attachment(s)
My 2005 MINI Cooper S looked almost new, and I recently replaced a ton of parts. But it was totaled Saturday night in a hit-and-run accident. :mad: The tow truck driver started the engine and drove it onto the bed of the wrecker.

I know it has lots of valuable new parts, and the Estimator thinks it could potentially be restored to drivable condition (although with a salvage title). Personally I suspect it is only valuable as a parts car. :thumbsup:

New parts with less than 1k miles include:

Power steering reservoir
Thermostat
Coil Pack, plugs, wires
Valve Cover Gasket
O-ring gasket
Oil Pan gasket
KYB SM5443 Strut Mount with Internal Bearing
Whiteline Front Lower/Inner Control Arm Bushing Kit
Radiator
A/C Condenser

all 4 Koni FSD shocks
M7 Speed strut Tower reinforcement plates
Tie rods

Pioneer bluetooth CD/stereo, 4 new speakers (played maybe a dozen times)
Bentley Manual (like new)

Waterpump - maybe 4k miles on the water pump
3 tires <2k miles, other tire <5k miles

Other parts seemed to be working fine although not new: brakes, power steering, manual transmission, CVjoints, supercharger, electronics, battery, etc.

The clutch/flywheel was glazed and made the 'chewbacca' noise, but otherwise worked fine. It had been overheating, but I believe that was remedied just before the car was killed. Interior is ok, but looks old. She was very fun to drive! Last summer I hit a tire on the highway at about 75, so the front end was recently rebuilt with new OEM parts at a cost of around $5.4k.

Please respond soon - can't let a smashed-up car sit in my neighborhood very long.

Thanks!
David

BABY J 06-05-2015 05:50 AM

Every time I think I've got a r50 S swap it's so far away (I'm in ATL). Grrrrrrrrrr. Sorry for your loss bro - she looked nice.

wikdr53 06-05-2015 07:36 AM

Interested in the FSD shocks, strut tower reinforcement plates, and coil/wires. Package deal for all of them?

Thanks,

Jim

MiniSocrates 06-05-2015 03:35 PM

Good news, the TX DMV says that since the damage was less than 100% of the car's value, it is NOT required to have a salvage title.

I've received an offer for $2,500. Holding on through the weekend to see what else comes up.

Was really excited about the car, but it was becoming a labor of love for sure.

See ya

jamez 06-06-2015 05:29 PM

I'm really sorry to hear of such a loss.
It actually doesn't look that bad from here. Did the airbags deploy?

I guess if the axle got poked, it could have done some transmission damage. But you said he drove it onto the flatbed.

Hood is apx $400, new lens, reservoir, and door from a wrecker (or other parts car), say $2000 in parts to get it back on the road?

Good luck with which ever method you proceed with.