North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MINIs and Minis for Sale (archive) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-and-minis-for-sale-archive-149/)
-   -   (SOLD) The SpiderX is for sale (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-and-minis-for-sale-archive/127296-sold-the-spiderx-is-for-sale.html)

SpiderX 01-29-2008 03:56 PM

(SOLD) The SpiderX is for sale

I have loved this car and the journey of all the mods and all the folks at NAM but I simply do not drive the car. Someone can take what I have done and improve or drive it as is.

I am not giving the car away and if I don't get close to my price I will simply keep it and drive it now and then.

The asking price is $20K

I have a ton of receipts that can justify the price including the RMW head with the high temp valves (xtra) A brand new Quaiffe and clutch with a light flywheel. custom header the list goes on and on.

In the Atlanta tuning session the car achieved 231.5 whp with 380 injectors. Jan has told me that with 440s the car will make over 240 whp.

This is one very nice Mini.

It is an 02 and if you are interested I will go through the whole list... over the next few days I will try to add to this listing pertinent facts about the car.

Photos and options will be listed as I have a few minutes

Ryephile 01-29-2008 05:55 PM

Keep it Bob; we'll miss you too much if you're gone!

Dr Obnxs 01-29-2008 06:15 PM

Sad day indeed...

bummin for ya. What are you logging your miles in now?

Matt

IanF 01-30-2008 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by SpiderX (Post 2009149)
It is an 02 and if you are interested I will go through the whole list... over the next few days I will try to add to this listing pertinent facts about the car

Factory options? :confused:

SpiderX 01-30-2008 06:59 AM

THanks Ryan and Matt....

I have a Duc Multistrada and a 99 Corvette conv.

The Mini is so fast now and I can't keep my foot out of it..... no self control in that car.:wink:

As far as options it pretty much has every option (no factory GPS) leather, aero kit, whalen shift knob, Alta short shifter, leather boots, this car has about every thing addressed.... including the latest DFIC from M7, As I have time I will list as much as I can remember....... AP racing brakes, BBS wheels, front and rear sway bar, port matched intake and header, M7 throttle body, DDM intake/w Alta hose, Schrick cam, M7 Strut brace and understrut brace, Bilstein PSS9s corner balanced for my 160 lb body, RMW head and tune, more and more.....

eager2own 01-30-2008 07:52 AM

The Mini is so fast now and I can't keep my foot out of it..... no self control in that car.:wink:
Says a lot for the MINI that your solving the problem by driving a 'Vette instead.
I should wish you luck on the sale, but like others said, it'd be a bum to see ya go.

SpiderX 01-30-2008 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by eager2own (Post 2010244)
Says a lot for the MINI that your solving the problem by driving a 'Vette instead.
I should wish you luck on the sale, but like others said, it'd be a bum to see ya go.

I drive my Vette like I used to my Harley... slow and lumbering..... the Mini is like a Jack Russel Terrier... it just wants to go....

The Mini is much more fun.....

I have 4 vehicles and one body... nice days in the mts will find me on the Duc

SpiderX 01-30-2008 08:25 AM

more

Originally Posted by eager2own (Post 2010244)

Nice days will find me on the Duc

The Mini is like a Jack Russel Terrier... it just wants to go

I drive the vette like my Harley "slow and lumbering"

SpiderX 01-30-2008 01:10 PM

I have gotten a few PMs and thought that this info can be shared...

1) I have tried 3 times to post pics with no luck... the files are from a 12 meg/pix camera and are 4 meg ech and I don't know how to compress them yet.

2) I have owned the car since about 6K mi
3) it has 77K on it
4) it has a new head, header, clutch,flywheel,quaiffe, the PSS9s are not that old, brake pads, tires etc are all good.

The car was serviced at Global for any warranty work and RSpeed in Atlanta for mods and routine oil changes etc until they quit doing Minis.

DDM had the car for some time when it had the M62 SC

Way of Way Motorworks and Juston Poole of Custom Metal Concepts are the only other mechanics to turn wrenches....Oh I forgot Randy Webb did some work in the early going......... the car has never been on the track and only autocrossed 3 times.

It has been mostly used to go to N GA and NC mts for fun drives.

The car has had extrordinary attention......

If it does not find a good home I will be at the Dragon in May..... this is not a "motivated" sale but rather maybe looking for someone to enjoy the car as much as I have. I still smile when I shock the Porsches.

SpiderX 02-08-2008 01:07 PM

New Price $18750

pics available on request..... this car has all the latest stuff RMW head and tune with Schrick cam...... DFICII

so many mods ... so little time

BlimeyCabrio 02-08-2008 01:36 PM

Man, I wish Blimey was paid for.... because I really want a coupe as a track day car, and SpiderX would be awesome.... but it ain't gonna happen for me. :cry:

But this is a FANTASTIC MINI for someone who wants a car with a ton of GO already inside..... :nod:

PrplPplEtr 02-08-2008 01:51 PM

has the m62 been removed? that thread got too long for me to keep up...

SpiderX 02-08-2008 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by PrplPplEtr (Post 2028724)
has the m62 been removed? that thread got too long for me to keep up...

Yes the M62 was removed and a new generation Sc was installed. The car makes more max whp that when it had the 62......

The car is much more driveable than it was..... actually, very nice

SpiderX 02-08-2008 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by SpiderX (Post 2029034)
Yes the M62 was removed and a new generation Sc was installed. The car makes more max whp that when it had the 62......

The car is much more driveable than it was..... actually, very nice

FWIW I probably have over $50K in this car

ChrisW 02-08-2008 04:55 PM

Like others have said you can't go.

JIMINNI 02-08-2008 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by SpiderX (Post 2029043)
FWIW I probably have over $50K in this car

:eek2: But I can understand.

onasled 02-08-2008 05:19 PM

Let's turn it into a D-mod race car!...:wink: :nod: :razz:

SpiderX 02-09-2008 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by onasled (Post 2029084)
Let's turn it into a D-mod race car!...:wink: :nod: :razz:

then I would have >$100K

SpiderX 02-09-2008 05:03 AM

part out car

I have been asked if I would part out the car.....

maybe.... if you have an interest in some of the bigger $ items.... PM me

the small parts will stay until the end......

jeffc 02-09-2008 05:22 AM

Don't sell it .... but if you do bring the duc to the Dragon :)

PalmTreeMD 02-11-2008 06:39 PM

PM sent

SpiderX 02-11-2008 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by PalmTreeMD (Post 2033839)
PM sent

At my GFs house on her computer

I will send pictures tomorrow from mine ...... thanks

Bob

CustomAV 02-14-2008 08:36 PM

Bob-
Not posting much these days but it is sorry to hear you are selling. I too rarely drive my S but find that she is so much fun that I doubt anyone will pay near what it is worth to me and I love the car.

I wish you luck and to anyone looking this is an amazing setup.

Funny thing was I was talking to someone today about how I dropped mine off for some more custom body work and wont see her for about 4-6 weeks and that I have driven the car about 1000 miles since the last dragon.... (that was 10 months ago :eek2:)

Go figure. But you know how it is. It is a fun toy and you gotta love it and enjoy it for what it is worth!

I hope you are well and would love to see you at Fontana. All the best

chris

SpiderX 02-15-2008 03:17 AM

I am trying like hell to post pics but it just ain't working........help:mad:

BlimeyCabrio 02-15-2008 04:33 AM

Where are your trying to put the pics? Gotta park then somewhere else like flickr or the NAM Gallery... then "copy image location" and use the photo button to link to them...