MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Anthony Dipasquale
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy in Denver

Hey guys, I just got my mini a couple weeks ago and I love it already! its a base model 2011 hardtop, nothing special but i love it! Seeing as im new to the denver area as well as owning a mini I figured it would be fun to see if I could some sort of club to join and you guys seemed like the perfect fit!

Old 03-13-2016, 11:28 AM
SupeR53
3rd Gear
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Mountain Mini Man

Hi all, I bought a'05 MCS in December which was originally owned by a guy in Longmont, Second owner (apparently) had no idea what the upgrades on it were. I bought it from the second owner, with all of the original receipts in the glovebox, including the window sticker. With a bit of research (through the receipts) I was able to contact the first owner and now have most of the particulars on Tigger (Thanks John!).
This is my first Mini, but not my first 'British' car. I sold one of my Austin Healey Sprites in October, the '58 Bugeye is staying in the family. The Mini is the first car that I've had that just turns my crank right from the get-go! I"m looking forward to getting it on the AutoX track in April, and possibly out to HPR this summer.

Tigger with his tennies on!

Old 03-14-2016, 05:28 AM
Johnna
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Mark, Welcome to NAM!

I'm sure Tigger is looking forward to getting back into Autocross.

John

Old 03-17-2016, 07:13 PM
SupeR53
3rd Gear
Thanks John,
I'm leaning towards Autox school rather than instructing at the RMVR driver's school- Same days, same venue, very different stuff, but I'd really like to get him on the track TOO!

Old 07-02-2016, 10:53 AM
CornerHugger
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi everyone! I just moved to the Denver area from Portland, Oregon with my r53. I've modified it heavily even doing a big valve head. Pro-tuned as well. Basically everything is aftermarket but I still wanted a semi-sleeper look. AutoX'd it for one season then tracked it for a season then bought a dedicated track toy so the Mini is my DD now.

I'm hoping to meet fellow Mini (or Miata) enthusiasts, learn some good roads, and get into CO track racing.

Cheers all.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:05 AM
pauhana
Take the high road
Hi CornerHugger,
Welcome to Denver. Be aware that most MINI enthusiasts around here seldom post to NAM anymore. You might want to checkout MINI5280.org to find more up-to-date information about where we hang out online, our drives, newsletters, etc.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:41 AM
Johnna
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CornerHugger
Hi everyone! I just moved to the Denver area from Portland, Oregon with my r53. I've modified it heavily even doing a big valve head. Pro-tuned as well. Basically everything is aftermarket but I still wanted a semi-sleeper look. AutoX'd it for one season then tracked it for a season then bought a dedicated track toy so the Mini is my DD now.

I'm hoping to meet fellow Mini (or Miata) enthusiasts, learn some good roads, and get into CO track racing.

Cheers all.
Welcome Cornerhugger,
I'm the guy in Longmont that used to own Mark's Tigger in the previous posts. It may be too late to sign up for the BMW club autocross next weekend (July 9 2016) but you're welcome to come out and meet some people. You can meet Mark who now autocrosses regularly (and is improving by leaps and bounds) and Jesse, Miata club president. I can also hook you up with my neighbor, Eric, who has a dedicated track Miata.
John

Old 07-03-2016, 10:15 AM
CornerHugger
2nd Gear
Great info. Thanks a lot. I joined the mini clubs you folks mentioned. However I couldn't find any info on the BMW club autocross. Even if I can't participate (actually I'm in need of a good denver area Mini mechanic to get something fixed) I'd still like to meet folks and see the action. Have a link?

Old 07-04-2016, 04:35 AM
pauhana
Take the high road
Denver area shops

Great info. Thanks a lot. I joined the mini clubs you folks mentioned. However I couldn't find any info on the BMW club autocross. Even if I can't participate (actually I'm in need of a good denver area Mini mechanic to get something fixed) I'd still like to meet folks and see the action. Have a link?
Here are two excellent, independent shops that specialize in MINIs:

http://www.ferneyslubeandauto.com

http://www.avalonmotorsports.com

http://www.peakeurosport.com

Old 07-04-2016, 05:00 AM
Johnna
5th Gear
Here's a link to the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the BMW club's autocross page.

http://autocross.rmcbmwcca.org

The event next weekend is on the east side of Front Range Airport.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:15 AM
SupeR53
3rd Gear
Hey John, I think you've got your dates mixed up, the next AX is on the 23rd. I just checked RMCBMW, and it hasn't changed, the one after that is on 8/7 though.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:47 AM
Johnna
5th Gear

Last edited by Johnna; 07-05-2016 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Johnna
5th Gear
Oops! You are correct! One good for nothing trip saved! Thanks!

Originally Posted by SupeR53
Hey John, I think you've got your dates mixed up, the next AX is on the 23rd. I just checked RMCBMW, and it hasn't changed, the one after that is on 8/7 though.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:37 AM
SupeR53
3rd Gear
No Problem John, Tigger's getting a new clutch this week into next, it's starting to slip under heavy load (steep hills from a standing start), so its time. Replacing the axle seals & rear main while I'm there. I'm a little nervous about doing it, since I haven't had to do anything but change oil since I bought him, but I know I'm capable.
Cheers,

Old 07-07-2016, 11:05 AM
old81
M6
Nice MINIs, good shops mentioned, good to see where Tigger is living now too.

Get involved with AutoX, Lapping and the MINI5280 and MINI-Cow MINI groups, all fun.

Don

Old 08-18-2016, 05:54 PM
DeeMStevens
Neutral
Stella

Originally Posted by jsouz
is out there somewhere. Tell us about yourself!!

JPS
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?
July 2016
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Stella
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Dark blue
What options did you get on your MINI? Since she's used, I don't have a list.
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? I will be adding the boot/cargo false floor (after market) and I want satellite radio- no idea how though, best options?
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used from non-mini dealer
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? 1. I could afford it 2. It was a fun test drive 3. Great gas mileage.
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Lakewood/Denver west
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) hmmm... All of it
WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Suggestions for winter driving (on a budget). It's been 8 years since I last drive a 2wd vehicle in the snow. I want my pup (border collie) to enjoy his ride - suggestions are welcome.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:35 PM
bkmc24
2nd Gear
Well, there seems to be a bazillion intro threads, so he goes number 3!
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? June of 2016
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? I don't name my cars....too many of them
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? White
What options did you get on your MINI? Winter package and sport package I believe. Got it used.
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Already have done springs, rear swap, intake, JB+ and roof rack
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used, Colorado Springs. Worst Dealer experience ever.
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Buddy is MINI obsessed, had been looking for an AWD daily to get 30 mpg and not be boring. My countryman is definitely that!
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Steamboat Springs
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? Track Days, auto x, cruises, shows, meets, meats, whatever!
WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? You tell me lol
and more. Primarily a Honda guy as my signature will show, but enjoying the MINI thus far. My main track car is a swapped civic hatch that I would love to bring to a track day along with the CM,

Old 11-25-2016, 10:50 AM
mattyb13
3rd Gear
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 Countryman ALL4 S. Photo attached.
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? May of 2016
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Mini/Pepe.
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Black w/white.
What options did you get on your MINI? Winter package and sport package. Loaded.
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? JB installed, Ziza led lighting installed. Spring Booster coming soon.
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New. Schomp.
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? This is my second Countryman. Perfect CO all year round vehicle. Great in winter but such a little sportscar!
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Denver and Snow Resorts and Mt Bike spots
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? Track Days, auto x, cruises, shows, meets, whatever!
WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Help me engage with other enthusiasts. Send out invites. Etc.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:52 AM
JasonMa
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?
Ordered in June 2018, currently at the docks in Southampton

WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name?
Not sure if I'll name it. Donatello is a leading candidate though

WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
BRG with white trim

What options did you get on your MINI?
Bonnet stripes, tech package, storage package, signature trim

WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini?
Nothing major, at least right away

WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
Mini of Loveland

WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
Always loved their look and finally had the moeny to afford it at the same time we needed a second car

WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
Arvada/Broomfield

WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in?
Whatever strikes my fancy

WHAT can MINI5280 do for you?
Suggestions/tips on local options for Mini owners. Shops, accessories, etc.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:32 PM
CanyonCruiser
Neutral
Denver area R56 JCW (N18)

Hi all, unfortunately my beloved VW was deemed a total loss just before Christmas... alls well that ends well though, I have a 2013 (Midnight Black Metallic with Chilli red roof and mirrors) John Cooper Works Hardtop being shipped from Florida, growing up in England, Minis were a way of life, couldnt be more excited to become a mini owner and hopefully get to know some of you good people and get involved in some AutoX/track days and perhaps some other events, I will post some pictures as soon as the car arrives.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:15 AM
Johnna
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CanyonCruiser
Hi all, unfortunately my beloved VW was deemed a total loss just before Christmas... alls well that ends well though, I have a 2013 (Midnight Black Metallic with Chilli red roof and mirrors) John Cooper Works Hardtop being shipped from Florida, growing up in England, Minis were a way of life, couldnt be more excited to become a mini owner and hopefully get to know some of you good people and get involved in some AutoX/track days and perhaps some other events, I will post some pictures as soon as the car arrives.
Welcome CanyonCruiser! If you’re interested in track/autocross events, check out the Rocky Mountain chapter of the BMW CCA. We have an autocross event every month during the warmer months and would be happy to have another MINI. We start off the season with an Autocross Class / Car control cliinic followed by AX #1 the next day. It’s a great way to get used to and explore the limits of your new JCW. We also have a spring and fall performance driving school at the track. Hope to see you there!

Old 01-13-2019, 07:44 AM
ApexF60SE
2nd Gear
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Hi all,
New in NoCo... 2018 Countryman SE All4, Wired, HUD
Purchased a couple of months ago used with 15k miles, now at 25k. Getting about 38 MPG on a daily commute from Ft. Collins to DTC.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:13 PM
Jscwerve
Neutral
Hello All

Hi everyone.Got my first Mini a few years ago, plain old 2007 2dr base model. Got it as just a beater because it was cheap, good on gas, and saved the miles on my truck. I drove it like a rental for the last few years. Still kept ticking. Since I commute a long way on the highway I was always disappointed a the highway lack of power, but it was my beater and that is what was to be expected. Finally got fed up enough to look for another ride. I wanted to keep in the Mini family, but I wanted a turbo or a newer faster model. Started shopping and then found what I wanted.

2013 JCW coupe. WOW. From the second I pulled out of the dealership on the test drive I couldn't help but smiling. I've had it a whole two days now and am thrilled. I definitely want to get this thing on a track and do a massive amount of driving in the twistys. I'll definitely be checking out some Mini get togethers now. Loving it!

New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!-yk8j3fq.jpg

Old 03-05-2019, 06:32 PM
danraabe
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Im not new to NAM

I'm not new to NAM but I'm in Colorado. If any Colorado members want to connect I am currently working to put my R56 back together. Hope to get it back on the road by the end of March, 2019.

Best, DR

Old 03-06-2019, 03:00 PM
weaverpsu
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought mine a year ago

But figured I'd post here now. I'd be interested in doing some autocross. Hopefully my issues finally get resolved because I have hesitation problems and it's been in service 3 times now over the last year. Wanting to modify it when it gets a clean bill of health.

Quick Reply: New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!