MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

Colorado MINI Sightings - Post yours HERE

Old 05-23-2005, 10:10 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome Mindy

Be sure to watch the MINI5280 and Rocky Mtn forums for events and such. Our calendar here in NAM has all the details, and signups too.

Our next event is Sunday, June 5th...picnic rides, simultaneously in Colo Springs and in Longmont.

See you then. Sean is hosting in Colo Springs...

Jonathan Souza
President@MINI5280.org

Rick Gonzales
Membership@MINI5280.org

JPS

Old 05-24-2005, 12:06 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
We have spotted you many times in recent weeks. I live @ Research & Austin Bluffs. I drive a Dark Silver/White MCS...stripes...I usually have my #3 Meatball on the bonnet as well...but not always.

The power steering thing is actually fairly common. No worries though. Schomp will get you taken care of.

Hope to see you around.

Sean.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:35 AM
minmor719
3rd Gear
We plan to attend the June 5th picnic here in the Springs. Let me know if you need any assistance.

Schomp called and all is well. Will pick it up on Wed. Glad to be back in the saddle. My other car is a black miata-no air conditioning...boy has it been hot.

When I see you Sean...you will know it is me waving

Mindy

Old 05-24-2005, 09:05 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
Spotted two this AM

I spotted two MINI's this morning on my way home. Tue May 24 @ 9-9:30ish

#1 I think was a IB/IB MCS with some colorful decals on the rear quarter glass

#2 BRG/W MCS turning off UNION onto Dublin...I honked coming from behind you.

WHO ARE YOU?????

Old 05-24-2005, 11:02 AM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minmor719
Sean, I am sure I have seen you as we live in C. Spgs. Near Research and Rangewood.
I guess I moved too soon - used to be in Charleston Place at Union and Research, moved about 2 years ago to University Park (more centrally located) - would have been a heckuva MINI presence up there!!

Originally Posted by minmor719
By the way...My MC overheated in the very hot weather on Sat. and had to be towed to the dealership. Apparently the powerstearing fan seized up and it runs on the same curcuit as the regular fan and the fuse blew which resulted in overheating!
Wondered if anyone else has had the same problem?
I've read other posts about this - pretty common, I think. Common enough that I might have to check what size fuse this is and keep a spare one chilling in the glovebox.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:03 AM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Originally Posted by biggripper
I spotted two MINI's this morning on my way home. Tue May 24 @ 9-9:30ish

#1 I think was a IB/IB MCS with some colorful decals on the rear quarter glass

#2 BRG/W MCS turning off UNION onto Dublin...I honked coming from behind you.

WHO ARE YOU?????
Wasn't me - but did the BRG/W have UJ/silver splash side stripes and stock S-Lites? If so, I might know that car. . .

Old 05-24-2005, 01:37 PM
minmor719
3rd Gear
One more!!!

I have also seen a LY w/ white bonnet stripes in the teachers parking lot at Liberty High School. My Daughter tells me it belongs to one to the science teachers at Liberty:smile:

Old 05-24-2005, 09:46 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Wasn't me - but did the BRG/W have UJ/silver splash side stripes and stock S-Lites? If so, I might know that car. . .
It had really dirty white Vspokes.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:25 AM
italianobride
1st Gear
You're Silver/Black? I think I might have waved before.
I'm usually on a black Honda 919 or in a red Honda Pilot (and a yellow Honda 400EX quad, but you won't see that one on the streets - too often! ) So if I see you and honk/wave, it's not your driving, it's the MINI.

So I'm assuming your dad'll be down at PPIR this weekend for the AMA races? I'll keep an eye out for an Aprillia or a chopped Buell. :smile: What's his name in case I run into him - and where on Pete does he work, do you know? Is he AD Air Force or civilian? I know a few people down there. . .

Bill
Hey Bill,
So I'm a year late responding, sorry about that. Are you the one that's in charge of the ATV Club? Hoping that will be our next toy, so let us know if you hear of any good deals on used ones. So jealous.

Yeah my dad went to the superbikes on Sunday, his name is Wendell Huston and he used to be in charge of the k-9 unit down on Pete, but now he does something with the Security Police and investigations. He's active duty Air Force, although he retires in a couple of weeks so he doesn't have to report to work anymore.

Bobbi

Old 05-25-2005, 06:33 AM
italianobride
1st Gear
I spotted two

Ok - not sure of all the mini lingo - sorry not cool . What does RGB/W stand for? Is there a cheat sheet somewhere on here for this?

Both were eastbound on woodmen close to Powers about a week ago one right behind the other.

1. Navy Blue with Black (I've seen you a couple times same location)

2. Red with Black

Also, not sure if Sams Club is on here or knows about us or not but I talked to you a few months back in Sams Club parking lot for about an hour - you were waiting on yours to come in - yellow with racing flag on top? I haven't seen you yet so just wondering if it came in?

Ciao
Bobbi

Old 05-25-2005, 08:32 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
MINI Model/Color Abbreviation Cheat Sheet

CARS

MC = MINI Cooper
MCS = MINI Cooper S
JCW = John Cooper Works
MCc = MINI Cooper Convertable
MCSc = MINI Cooper S Convertable
MCSa = MINI Cooper S Automatic (as in auto transmission)
MCSca = MINI Cooper S Convertable Automatic

COLORS
LY = Liquid Yellow
IB = Indy Blue
BRG = Brittish Racing Green
SG = Solid Gold (Cooper Only)
PS = Pure Silver
DS = Dark Silver (MCS Only)
AB = Astro Black (Cooper Only)
PW = Pepper White
JB = Jet Black
CR = Chilli Red
VR = Velvet Red (Cooper Only)
SG = Silk Green (Cooper Only
EB = Electric Blue (MCS Only)
DS = Dark Silverl (MCS Only)
HO = Hot Orange (Convertable Only)
CB = Cool Blue (Convertable Only)
HB = Hyper Blue (replaced IB)
PH = Purple Haze

Coming in 06
SB = Space Blue
SG = Solar Grey
RG = Royal Grey

Roofs
Body color (see list above)
W = White
B = Black

So for example I have a 2002 MINI Cooper S that is Dark Silver with a White roof. I would abbreviate as 02 DS/W MCS.

There you go.

Sean

Old 05-25-2005, 01:48 PM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Originally Posted by italianobride
Hey Bill,
So I'm a year late responding, sorry about that. Are you the one that's in charge of the ATV Club? Hoping that will be our next toy, so let us know if you hear of any good deals on used ones. So jealous.

Yeah my dad went to the superbikes on Sunday, his name is Wendell Huston and he used to be in charge of the k-9 unit down on Pete, but now he does something with the Security Police and investigations. He's active duty Air Force, although he retires in a couple of weeks so he doesn't have to report to work anymore.

Bobbi
Aah - terminal leave - I remember it well...of course, I was working my new civilian job (two paychecks - good::no vacation time - bad)

Yeah, I was the COS Chapter VP of the Quadrunners, then the treasurer, now barely a member. Haven't been to a meeting in ages. . .no time. Good club, though, and quads are a blast. Need to get mine out more, otherwise I'll have a good deal on a good used one for ya!

Old 05-25-2005, 02:51 PM
DSlates1983
1st Gear
yesterday

I took my mini in to Schomp to get it check out. They gave me a cooper contervitable automatic w/sport shift. The automatic was horiable. it took for ever to shift, and seemed like it was miss shifting. The sport shift was a little better. When i used it it seemed like a normaly car. Me and my wife drive to boulder. we saw 7 different minis. only 3 waved. It was kinda cool having the top down driving to boulder. although trying to fit 5 people in the mini when 2 are over 6 ft was a funny sit to see. kinda felt like were belonged to the circus.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:14 PM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DSlates1983
I took my mini in to Schomp to get it check out. They gave me a cooper contervitable automatic w/sport shift. The automatic was horiable. it took for ever to shift, and seemed like it was miss shifting. The sport shift was a little better. When i used it it seemed like a normaly car.
If it was a MC and not an MCS, it was equipped with the CVT - they take some getting used to - I've driven several and they're all programmed differently, and some take a LOT of getting used to.

Since there aren't any real gear ratios in the CVT, it'll feel weird. . .but they're more efficient than a standard auto tranny. . .

Aah, technology!

Old 05-27-2005, 10:39 AM
DSlates1983
1st Gear
Cvt

If it was a MC and not an MCS, it was equipped with the CVT - they take some getting used to - I've driven several and they're all programmed differently, and some take a LOT of getting used to.

Since there aren't any real gear ratios in the CVT, it'll feel weird. . .but they're more efficient than a standard auto tranny. . .

Aah, technology!
Yes you are right the cvt. although, i would be hard pressed to say that that one car was better than a normal automatic. I had a 1970 p.o.s.jeep that shifted smother than it did. I think it may have been something with that one car. I have a friend in cali who has a MC with cvt and it drove a lot smother.

Old 05-28-2005, 05:26 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
My daily driver is a a

DG/DG 04 DI HT WCI AATP

Dark Green over Dark Green '04 Dodge Intrepid With Cloth Interior And A Tape Player. Otherwise known as a Fleet Vehicle.

Thanks Sean, I had been wanting to do that for a while.

JPS

Old 06-02-2005, 09:06 AM
minmor719
3rd Gear
CR MC w/B and EB MCS w/S

Hope I am up to the lingo. Anyway I saw a CR w/ Black top-identical to mine in the parking lot at the Shops at Briargate-near Panera Bread at about 8:30am this morning. Tried to watch to see who was in it but by the time I left Panera it was already gone. Anyone know?

On 6/31 at about 5:30pm also saw a electric blue MCS with what looked like a silver top traveling north on Rangewood at Woodman. At the light they put the pedal to the metal and left me in their dust . But did wave while turning left on Briargate Blvd.

Can't believe how many I have seen lately

Maybe will see them again on 6/5 at the picnic?

Mindy

Old 06-02-2005, 09:12 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Yes, I see multiples daily

in Denver. However, last week in TX I only saw 2 in 4 days. Very disappointing.

BTW, there are no factory 'silver' tops. Yet. Word is that they will be an option on 07 models, plus the black, white and body colored ones. That will be nice. It would have to be a custom job.

JPS

Old 06-02-2005, 11:44 AM
minmor719
3rd Gear
might have been custom then

I kept looking and I even asked the passengers in the car and they thought it was silver too. But I could have been wrong.

Has anyone tried using magnetic stripes or any kind of decals? I just ordered some flames, cause I thought they were cool, but I don't have to commit totally.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:23 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
You might talk to

Nick Ko, our treasurer. Treasurer@MINI5280.org

He uses magnetic stripes and likes them. Or reach him at nko11@allstate.com

JPS

Old 06-02-2005, 03:50 PM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jsouz
in Denver. However, last week in TX I only saw 2 in 4 days. Very disappointing.

BTW, there are no factory 'silver' tops. Yet. Word is that they will be an option on 07 models, plus the black, white and body colored ones. That will be nice. It would have to be a custom job.

JPS
Actually, I'm hearing that the silver top will be an option on the '06 models - I saw photos of the Space Blue and Solar Red, both with silver tops/mirrors. Looked nice, but I'm not sure if they'll offer matching silver bonnet stripes - I hope so, we might need to spec that combo when we order our '06 next month (hopefully - Schomp, you listenin'?? Let us order, for Pete's sake!!!)

Old 06-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Mporter
1st Gear
Classic Mini in Estes Park

Saw a beautifully restored/maintained classic Mini in Estes park on Sunday, in the parking lot behind the Grubsteak restaurant off the main drag. Bright red, white/UJ roof. Nice Ride! Who's dat?

Love those classic Minis, but they make my Bercilak look enormous!

--Matt.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:43 AM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mporter
Love those classic Minis, but they make my Bercilak look enormous!

--Matt.
Nothing wrong with an enormous Bercilak, I say.

Old 06-27-2005, 01:43 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
The red car likely belongs to

Larry Fraakes at Burt. He and his son Bill are active in the Brit Car community here in CO. He told me he just got the car from CA and it still had CA tags 3 wks ago at the Rallye Glenwood where I saw it.

Indeed it is nice.

You can find Bill, Larry et all at the monthly MOTR Minis of the Rockies meetings, 1st Tuesday at Pint's, 13th and Cherokee downtown. 7 pm.

JPS

Old 07-13-2005, 06:44 AM
minmor719
3rd Gear
Pepper White MCS

I have seen this PW/PW MCS quite a few times in the briargate area. I also saw it yesterday at Nevada and Austin Bluffs about 7:30pm. Anyone know who this is?

Also I noticed that the gray plastic ring just under silver top of my stick shift is cracked. Anyone know if this is covered by the warranty? I am under the 42,000 miles.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Colorado MINI Sightings - Post yours HERE